Game Day: Heat (4-6) @ Suns (4-7), Wed 11/8/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Game Day: Heat (4-6) @ Suns (4-7), Wed 11/8/17

Post by djy2j »

Split T wrote:I can't see us going after DAJ, we can just draft Robert Williams, he can do everything DAJ can and he'll be much younger and cheaper.
When was the last time the Suns did the sensible thing?
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j wrote:
Split T wrote:I can't see us going after DAJ, we can just draft Robert Williams, he can do everything DAJ can and he'll be much younger and cheaper.
Good point. But this last year we did pass on cousins, George, butler, Kyrie, and kinda Blake and Millsap. Turning around and throwing a big deal at DAJ would be especially stupid considering we passed on Kyrie, especially.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T wrote:
djy2j wrote:
Good point. But this last year we did pass on cousins, George, butler, Kyrie, and kinda Blake and Millsap. Turning around and throwing a big deal at DAJ would be especially stupid considering we passed on Kyrie, especially.

We definitely didn't pass on Blake. He cancelled his meeting with the Suns. I think they would have thrown every dollar they could at him given the chance.

I don't remember if we met with Milsap or not before he signed with Denver.

Split T

Post by Split T »

We cancelled the meeting with Millsap because we didn't think he fit our timeline. And you're probably right about Blake. I heard he was the one who reached out to us. I think he just wanted leverage with the clippers

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone wrote:
ShelC wrote:LOVE Kemba, but not sure I'd want him. Seriously love him though.
Why not? Just curious.
I think you have to build a team very specifically around him. He's a unique talent, but I'm not sure we have the pieces that fit, which includes Booker.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not very excited about Kemba Walker. Doesn't pass well enough for my tastes.

As for that 2019 free agent list, you just know the Suns are going to go after some crappy FA like DeAndre Jordan. That has "Suns" written all over it. They'll take a token meeting with some other big-name FA, like Carmelo or Paul George or something, where we don't actually have any chance to get the guy (or shouldn't want him, in Melo's case). Then the guy won't sign with us and we'll panic and sign DAJ.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'm not very excited about Kemba Walker. Doesn't pass well enough for my tastes.

As for that 2019 free agent list, you just know the Suns are going to go after some crappy FA like DeAndre Jordan. That has "Suns" written all over it. They'll take a token meeting with some other big-name FA, like Carmelo or Paul George or something, where we don't actually have any chance to get the guy (or shouldn't want him, in Melo's case). Then the guy won't sign with us and we'll panic and sign DAJ.
Can't wait :roll:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'm not very excited about Kemba Walker. Doesn't pass well enough for my tastes.
Has the exact same assist rate as Kyrie. He's literally almost the same player as Kyrie, with slightly, and I mean slightly, less efficient scoring.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... =irvinky01

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T wrote:
Has the exact same assist rate as Kyrie. He's literally almost the same player as Kyrie, with slightly, and I mean slightly, less efficient scoring.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... =irvinky01
He doesn't do it for me. I look at him as a similar player as Bledsoe. Good scorer but can shoot you out of a game. He probably is a better passer. The glaring thing for me is that he's only made the playoffs twice, IN THE EAST! He's a decent player but not a big enough upgrade over Bledsoe IMO.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It's important to separate young Kemba from new Kemba. He wasn't a good shooter coming into the NBA but has turned into one. Had .45/.40/.83 splits last year. He's a pretty efficient scorer. And he's taken the Charlotte hornets to the playoffs twice and he hasn't exactly had good players on his team. He's more kyrie/Lillard than he is Bledsoe