Game Day: TWolves (7-4) @ Suns (4-9), Sat 11/11/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: Game Day: TWolves (7-4) @ Suns (4-9), Sat 11/11/17

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:So, is Ulis now the new starting PG? I think so.
Triano said in the post game that Mike James' offense works better with the second team. Translation: I would prefer to have a gunner on the second team rather than taking shots away from Booker and Warren as a starter.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Triano said in the post game that Mike James' offense works better with the second team. Translation: I would prefer to have a gunner on the second team rather than taking shots away from Booker and Warren as a starter.
That makes sense.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Check out Chriss's stats last night:

13 points
7 boards
2 assists
5 blocks!
3 of 4 from three
0 turnovers
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Booker and Warren with 35 each.
Warren with a super efficient 15-22 shooting. Booker 13-22 but 5 for 9 from deep.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:Check out Chriss's stats last night:

13 points
7 boards
2 assists
5 blocks!
3 of 4 from three
0 turnovers
Very good to see. Rebound, block shots, hit 3's. Anything else from him is a bonus at this point.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:That last deep block (from distance) by Chriss was a thing of beauty and had a real impact towards us winning the game last night.
Chriss get my game-ball. He had so many nice blocks. At one point, Butler had him alone under the rim, and opted to pass it out rather than challenge Chriss. Like, just go up and you get a free trip to the line, Jimmy. But last night there was a different 'Quese out there.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Perfect. The second unit needed someone who wants to score, and the first unit needed someone who will get Warren going.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Check out the 1:55 mark to see that play where Butler is scared of Chriss.

One more thing I noticed watching these highlights is how often the Suns scored over Taj Gibson on the perimeter. We were able to consistently get the switches we wanted and exploit the mismatch. That's an encouraging sign.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They will have good and bad games no matter what but, to see the young guys start to get it is nice to see. Jackson is starting to come out of his shell and figure out his thing too. They pointed out how James seems to play a lot better at home than on the road.

Bummer that Dudley is hurt. As soon as I saw the replay all I could think of was Gugliotta.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Tyler Ulis is also very ineffective at creating his own shot, which really hurts the bench unit as a whole.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JCSunsfan wrote:
I'm really happy to see this switch. I like Ulis better, and I especially like Ulis when paired with our offense-first players like Booker and Warren. I agree that James is better suited to coming off the bench.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Great win. Glad Chriss put together a good game. I was getting worried. His body language has improved over the last couple games.

How much of a mess are the Wolves though. EJ brought what I was thinking as well. He said "if they don't make the playoffs this year it's going to be a really uncomfortable situation. There's way too much talent there." And I agree. They've got the young talent, veterans, and coach. I don't really get what is keeping them feom dominating. Taj Gibson looks like their MVP.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

djy2j wrote:Great win. Glad Chriss put together a good game. I was getting worried. His body language has improved over the last couple games.

How much of a mess are the Wolves though. EJ brought what I was thinking as well. He said "if they don't make the playoffs this year it's going to be a really uncomfortable situation. There's way too much talent there." And I agree. They've got the young talent, veterans, and coach. I don't really get what is keeping them feom dominating. Taj Gibson looks like their MVP.
I wish the Wolves nothing but the worst. I would absolutely love a trade for KAT to unite with Booker. I just hope it’s not Book and KAT meeting up on another team. For example, if we end up with a top 5 pick and KAT wants out I would absolutely trade our pick this year + filler for him.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

djy2j wrote:Great win. Glad Chriss put together a good game. I was getting worried. His body language has improved over the last couple games.

Not much. They have the 3rd best record in the west. They'll be in the playoffs.