Suns News: Week 5 11/13-11/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Bucktastic365

Re: Suns News: Week 5 11/13-11/19

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Superbone wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote:
Superbone wrote:Welcome Buck! Are you still in SC?
Sure am. The area is amazing for college sports. I’m planning on heading up to NC when the Suns play Charlotte in March.
Nice! You might have a lot in common with ShelC who is also a born and raised New Yorker who became a Suns fan. I think he because a fan a year or two before you when Hornacek was still on the team. It was the Suns' fast paced basketball that attracted him to the team versus the Knicks smash mouth basketball at the time with Anthony Mason and Co.
Lol, it’s so funny you bring up the Knicks. I love the NBA currently, don’t get me wrong, but I long for the old days. There is no physicality anymore. Half the league now positively couldn’t hang in the league of the 80’s/early 90’s.
My ultimate Suns memory is Raja Clotheslining Kobe, lol

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

jonh wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote:I like to think of my fandom as a square, lol.
I’m from NY, and I’m a fan of the Dolphins, Suns, and the Mariners.
You could say I’m a hard luck case.
The middle of the country feels very left out. Perhaps you have a favorite college football or basketball team?
It’s funny, cause growing up in western NY I never got into any college sports. Even now, I rarely watch. To me, college is more of the minor leagues of professional sports. The superstars (Marino, Barkley, Griffey) are what attracted me to my teams.
I suppose that I’m a SEC guy by heart now; ROLL TIDE; so I moved to the ultimate location.
Where is South Carolina are you? Im based in Columbia right now (Gamecock fan).
jonh, I live outside of Greenville. Not growing up a college fan, I’ve had to learn to love it, lol.
The only reason I watch/root for Alabama is because the friend I moved with loves them; his infectious love of them rubbed off on me.

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Btw, I’m sorry to take up the thread on an introduction. I myself know how much that interferes with the actual discussion of the thread. Thanks for the love and patience.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Bucktastic365 wrote:
jonh wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote:I like to think of my fandom as a square, lol.
I’m from NY, and I’m a fan of the Dolphins, Suns, and the Mariners.
You could say I’m a hard luck case.
The middle of the country feels very left out. Perhaps you have a favorite college football or basketball team?
It’s funny, cause growing up in western NY I never got into any college sports. Even now, I rarely watch. To me, college is more of the minor leagues of professional sports. The superstars (Marino, Barkley, Griffey) are what attracted me to my teams.
I suppose that I’m a SEC guy by heart now; ROLL TIDE; so I moved to the ultimate location.
Where is South Carolina are you? Im based in Columbia right now (Gamecock fan).
jonh, I live outside of Greenville. Not growing up a college fan, I’ve had to learn to love it, lol.
The only reason I watch/root for Alabama is because the friend I moved with loves them; his infectious love of them rubbed off on me.
What a coincidence! I also live outside of Greenville.

2000 miles outside of Greenville in my case.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Not sure if you guys saw this from Zach Lowe's piece today:
Around the same time, the Nuggets were in the red zone -- if not at the goal line -- in talks with Phoenix for Eric Bledsoe, according to several league sources. The deal would almost certainly have included Mudiay and a first-round pick. Talks collapsed, and the Nuggets washed their hands of it. They would chase a playoff spot in one of the toughest conferences in history behind a 20- and 21-year-old sharing the controls with Jokic.
Suns Twitter seemed to be up in arms about it, thinking we passed on the Donovan Mitchell pick, but it's clear that Lowe means the talks happened after the start of the season. Interesting either way. The Nuggets offer would have had to include money that extended into next season, which is probably why McDonough preferred the Milwaukee package.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:Not sure if you guys saw this from Zach Lowe's piece today:
Around the same time, the Nuggets were in the red zone -- if not at the goal line -- in talks with Phoenix for Eric Bledsoe, according to several league sources. The deal would almost certainly have included Mudiay and a first-round pick. Talks collapsed, and the Nuggets washed their hands of it. They would chase a playoff spot in one of the toughest conferences in history behind a 20- and 21-year-old sharing the controls with Jokic.
Suns Twitter seemed to be up in arms about it, thinking we passed on the Donovan Mitchell pick, but it's clear that Lowe means the talks happened after the start of the season. Interesting either way. The Nuggets offer would have had to include money that extended into next season, which is probably why McDonough preferred the Milwaukee package.
One big expiring like Monroe means little considering we still have Chandler, Knight and Dudley making $37M in '18-19 (plus TJ). If better assets were on the table, a two year contract shouldn't have been a problem, especially if said contract was Faried (although say Arthur, Hernangomez and a pick would have worked under the CBA too). Anyway, I won't lose any sleep over the specific deal with Milwaukee since I believe the bigger issue was keeping Bledsoe beyond last season's deadline or this past draft.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i don't know if this has been posted already but Mike James made this list of top 10 rookies so far

i feel sorry for him. me and others have been hard on him, but he does try hard
i just don't feel he has the stuff, and he isn't going to improve much

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

1tinsoldier wrote:i don't know if this has been posted already but Mike James made this list of top 10 rookies so far

i feel sorry for him. me and others have been hard on him, but he does try hard
i just don't feel he has the stuff, and he isn't going to improve much
That wasn't top 10 rookies. It was top 10 breakout players including non-rookies.
"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

actually then it's the wrong link, there's another list James made that was rookies (or first year nba) that i was reading yesterday that starting out saying why Lonzo didn't make the list (his shooting, of course).

so, essentially, Mike James was ranked above Ball and Fox
Last edited by 1tinsoldier on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

1tinsoldier wrote:actually then it's the wrong link, there's another list James made that was rookies (or first year nba) that i was reading yesterday that starting out saying why Lonzo didn't make the list (his shooting, of course).

so, essentially, Mike James was ranked above Ball and Fox
And Josh Jackson, I assume.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Maybe Jackson just needs to cut his hair.

https://twitter.com/TheArmoTrader/status/931652778639937543

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:Maybe Jackson just needs to cut his hair.

Josh Jackson, you know what to do. Should we shave Bender, too, just on principle?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

TOO

Post by TOO »

If you shave your Bender Id rather not know about it.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If you shave your Bender Id rather not know about it.
Lol
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:Maybe Jackson just needs to cut his hair.

Josh Jackson, you know what to do. Should we shave Bender, too, just on principle?
If I was Jackson I would be trying to figure out how to fix it for sure. Whatever it took, I would be all over it. The hair style isn't that important, and honestly there actually might be somethimg to this.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote: If I was Jackson I would be trying to figure out how to fix it for sure. Whatever it took, I would be all over it. The hair style isn't that important, and honestly there actually might be somethimg to this.
There absolutely is for Elfrid Payton. It's like trying to shoot a basketball wearing a baseball cap. Your hand hits the brim if you're shooting properly.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Would anyone go after TJ McConnell? His percentages are pretty decent & he passes the ball. Probably won't ever be a star but seems like a solid starter until we get a stud PG somewhere down the line.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, I think Philly likes him though

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:Ya, I think Philly likes him though
They can't keep him with the offense running through Simmons and Fultz eventually coming back.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!