Around the League: Week 5 11/13-11/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: Around the League: Week 5 11/13-11/19

Post by Sunsfan4life »

How good has Ben Simmons been btw? I remember there were a few doubters of his before the draft. The only question of mine was motor. He has all the tools to be an absolute superstar and he's shown that so far in Philly. Embid and Simmons are a pleasure to watch together.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:Warriors just gave up 49 points in the 1st Q to Philly
I thought it was 47 but just came here to say that. Warriors down 22 at the half.
Ya, I'm not actually sure what the score is. The box score and the main tracker both show different numbers, but somewhere in the high 40's, haha.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ben Simmons is giving the Dubs that work. He's gonna be a monster.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This Warriors-Sixers game is a major League Pass Alert. Warriors were down huge but are roaring back and are now down by just 8 in 3rd quarter. Turn on immediately!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. The Warriors just outscored the 76ers by 32 points. IN THE THIRD QUARTER. They are now up by 10. Stunning.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sometimes I hate the warriors

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Wow. The Warriors just outscored the 76ers by 32 points. IN THE THIRD QUARTER. They are now up by 10. Stunning.
Each team had a 47 point quarter.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sixers woke up the sleeping giant.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. Warriors win by 8.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:How good has Ben Simmons been btw? I remember there were a few doubters of his before the draft. The only question of mine was motor. He has all the tools to be an absolute superstar and he's shown that so far in Philly. Embid and Simmons are a pleasure to watch together.
Hmm. Will Doncic have similar impact? Doncic is 6-9 (according to TheStepien.com). His real height will matter, not sure what it really is. He is a similar passer. Better shooter. Similar handles. Better scorer around the basket. Not as fast. Not as much of a leaper. Similar defender.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:Sometimes I hate the warriors
Sometimes? Quitter.

#Always

TOO

Post by TOO »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:How good has Ben Simmons been btw? I remember there were a few doubters of his before the draft. The only question of mine was motor. He has all the tools to be an absolute superstar and he's shown that so far in Philly. Embid and Simmons are a pleasure to watch together.
Hmm. Will Doncic have similar impact? Doncic is 6-9 (according to TheStepien.com). His real height will matter, not sure what it really is. He is a similar passer. Better shooter. Similar handles. Better scorer around the basket. Not as fast. Not as much of a leaper. Similar defender.
I doubt it, just because Simmons had a year of NBA weight room training and diet.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Split T wrote:Sometimes I hate the warriors
Sometimes? Quitter.

#Always

Ha, I liked the Warriors at first and I'm not a hater, but I really want that team to break up, the NBA just won't be that fun if they run off 5 titles in a row.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I loved Simmons before the draft. Really wanted him. Glad he's doing well.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JCSunsfan wrote:
It's an interesting comparison. They could have similar impacts, but in different ways. Like you said, Doncic is a better shooter, but Simmons is a much better athlete. Simmons has been pretty good defensively. I worry about Doncic defensively. He's smart though, so I'm sure he'll be at least passable. I think defending 4's might be his best bet.

He's not the most ideal fit with our team, but he's incredibly gifted as an offensive player and I think him and Booker together could be a lot of fun. Add Bender and Jackson and you've got some pretty high IQ/passing going on.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

From today's Power Rankings (11/20) ...

"Outside shooting has been a concern for the Bucks this season and point guard addition Eric Bledsoe hasn't done much to help address it. He is shooting 19 percent (6-for-31) outside the paint since joining Milwaukee."

Bledsoe's showing in pre-season and early on might not have been just because he didn't want to be with Suns. EB may have lost his touch.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm glad we got rid of Bledsoe. He's not the right kind of PG, and his knees are a ticking time bomb.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Like the new tribute avatar, LL!
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

EB was never a shooter. He's a scorer who can sometimes shoot. When the Bucks said they were bringing him in to help their outside shooting, I knew they'd be disappointed and were making a bad move.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:EB was never a shooter. He's a scorer who can sometimes shoot. When the Bucks said they were bringing him in to help their outside shooting, I knew they'd be disappointed and were making a bad move.
Yeah, I kind of chuckled to myself when I heard the same thing.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass