Game Day: Rockets (11-4) @ Suns (5-10), Thurs 11/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Game Day: Rockets (11-4) @ Suns (5-10), Thurs 11/16

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:James hits the rim. As in, only the rim. Nonstop bricks. He doesn’t belong in the motherfucking NBA.
I agree.

Can we get Booker's dad to be the shooting coach of the Suns?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Len is just flat out embarrassing right now. Go sit down. Enjoy getting a $4m/year deal this offseason.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:James hits the rim. As in, only the rim. Nonstop bricks. He doesn’t belong in the motherfucking NBA.
I agree.

Can we get Booker's dad to be the shooting coach of the Suns?
Can we get Bookers Dad to play for the Phoenix Suns?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

James finishes shooting 1 for 13 tonight.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

Jackson's game isn't always pretty (bad shots, looses dribble too much) but I'm not gonna complain about 6/11 from the field, 16/3/3 with 2 steals and a block.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Split T wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:looking at his stats, i didn't get why Monroe isn't of use to us, and it's even more confusing now that i've seen him on the court. is it just ingrained in the suns MO that we never play with a true center.

i don't know anything about him but
he's got the height, body, strength, some offense, is only 27
contract? defense?
Expiring contract and his defense isn't great. He doesn't protect the rim or stretch the floor and he can't switch the pick n roll. Hard to have a good defense with a player like that.
well, he still looked like the best center we've got, so i say trade Chandler for a bag of rocks and play him. The worst that can happen is he proves his worth to us or his value for trade

Split T

Post by Split T »

1tinsoldier wrote:
Split T wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:looking at his stats, i didn't get why Monroe isn't of use to us, and it's even more confusing now that i've seen him on the court. is it just ingrained in the suns MO that we never play with a true center.

i don't know anything about him but
he's got the height, body, strength, some offense, is only 27
contract? defense?
Expiring contract and his defense isn't great. He doesn't protect the rim or stretch the floor and he can't switch the pick n roll. Hard to have a good defense with a player like that.
well, he still looked like the best center we've got, so i say trade Chandler for a bag of rocks and play him. The worst that can happen is he proves his worth to us or his value for trade
I agree. I think we should play him.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Bobster wrote:I don't understand the love they have for Mike James (0/7 FG, 1 Ast)
I defended him after a couple of so-so to poor performances early in the year, but not now. He's terrible and doesn't deserve to get anything beyond garbage time minutes.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Interesting note. Chriss was the only non negative +/- with an even 0. He also leads the team in ESPN's RPM. Small sample size? or is his shot blocking and floor spacing that important.

Also, RPM gets pretty ugly for the rest of our players. Len, Chandler, and booker are the only others not negative. Here's some ranks out of 421 players:

398. Troy Daniels
404. TJ Warren
405. Dragan Bender
413. Josh Jackson
420. Tyler Ulis

DeAaron Fox is the only guy below Ulis. Also, mike James isn't even on the list anywhere that I could see.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:Jackson's game isn't always pretty (bad shots, looses dribble too much) but I'm not gonna complain about 6/11 from the field, 16/3/3 with 2 steals and a block.
He was the lone bright spot for me tonight. A lot of the same mistakes like you mentioned, but he also does a lot of little stuff well.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I watched the game on DVR on a delay, so I couldn't comment during. Quick thoughts:

- I thought Jackson had an awful game while watching; lost the ball a bunch, an air ball of an open jumper, just generally looked scared and lost. But the box score showed decent stats for him. I guess we need to give the guy more time.

- I thought Munroe looked pretty darn good out there. An actual professional NBA big man. Had post moves and everything. Don't see why we shouldn't play the guy.

- Even though we lost big and lost bad, I didn't hate watching this game. We do have a lot of players I like.

- I really dislike Mike James. Whoever said that he's our best PG over Ulis is crazy. He is a ball hog and chucks up bad shots. He has no business being an NBA rotation PG imo.

- I hate watching James Harden. I hate his foul-drawing BS and how the refs consistently fall for it. I hate his little hand gestures and his "eating soup" motion or whatever it is. Fuck him.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i agree with all that, but i don't think Jackson looked scared. actually, he keeps dribbling the ball into traffic without fear, and considering how often he loses the ball on those moves, he needs to develop a healthy fear of nba size defense

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Suns need to do something about their PG issue. I think Ulis will get back to where he was last season, but that still tops out as a good backup. James is a 3rd stringer who shouldn't be getting time every night. I think for the development of the team we need an upgrade through the end of the season. I really like the Clarkson idea. Maybe we can get Zubac too.

Was DJJ with the D-League today? If not, he should have seen some time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Man, they put up 45 in the 1st Quarter. How f*** embarrassing.
Not as embarrassing as doing it again in the 2nd quarter. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:Take a moment to realize that Troy Daniels and Mike James are on an NBA court together. This is not G-League or the local YMCA league. Then you’ll easily see how we’re getting demolished.
Without Daniels we would have lost by a lot more tonight.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:Troy Daniels isn't the sharpshooter some claim he is.
You picked tonight to say that?
"Be Legendary."

EDC

Post by EDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I watched the game on DVR on a delay, so I couldn't comment during. Quick thoughts:

- I thought Jackson had an awful game while watching; lost the ball a bunch, an air ball of an open jumper, just generally looked scared and lost. But the box score showed decent stats for him. I guess we need to give the guy more time.

- I thought Munroe looked pretty darn good out there. An actual professional NBA big man. Had post moves and everything. Don't see why we shouldn't play the guy.

- Even though we lost big and lost bad, I didn't hate watching this game. We do have a lot of players I like.

- I really dislike Mike James. Whoever said that he's our best PG over Ulis is crazy. He is a ball hog and chucks up bad shots. He has no business being an NBA rotation PG imo.

- I hate watching James Harden. I hate his foul-drawing BS and how the refs consistently fall for it. I hate his little hand gestures and his "eating soup" motion or whatever it is. Fuck him.
Not sure who said it but to be fair neither of them are good. Ulis is petrified of the three point line and James has never found a shot he doesn't like. Neither of them can reliably put the ball in the basket.

We really should bring in a vet guard to start next to Booker.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:Suns need to do something about their PG issue. I think Ulis will get back to where he was last season, but that still tops out as a good backup. James is a 3rd stringer who shouldn't be getting time every night. I think for the development of the team we need an upgrade through the end of the season. I really like the Clarkson idea. Maybe we can get Zubac too.

Was DJJ with the D-League today? If not, he should have seen some time.
Jordan Clarkson hates playing PG.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ok, that was a smackdown. The Suns being dead last in defense really showed tonight. It was good for them. They won’t get cocky for awhile. It’s not the end of the world. Rookies look great one game and crappy the next. Par for the course imo. On a positive not Monroe’s debut was a plus.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
- I hate watching James Harden. I hate his foul-drawing BS and how the refs consistently fall for it. I hate his little hand gestures and his "eating soup" motion or whatever it is. f*** him.
I don't know if I've posted this here before - definitely elsewhere - but saying Refs fall for it as actually doing Harden a disservice; he's the fastest braker in the league and uses it to his advantage:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/james-hard ... 1486667420