Game Day: Suns (5-11) @ Lakers (6-9), Fri 11/17/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
1tinsoldier

Re: Game Day: Suns (5-11) @ Lakers (6-9), Fri 11/17/17

Post by 1tinsoldier »

the first time i saw Ball, as his team was being eliminated in the NCAA, my biggest criticism of him was he showed no passion. He's the Spock of basketball. He makes logical decisions -- bringing the ball up and making the best pass to the most open player each time

the Lakers needed an impassioned comeback late in the 4th
their 2 other young players were up for it
he kept playing as if it was the first quarter

walking away from the skirmish was just another logical decision

not only does he need a shooting coach
he needs a psychologist
on the court, he goes out of his way to be the opposite of his emotional, irrational father off the court

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

1tinsoldier wrote:the first time i saw Ball, as his team was being eliminated in the NCAA, my biggest criticism of him was he showed no passion. He's the Spock of basketball. He makes logical decisions -- bringing the ball up and making the best pass to the most open player each time

he needs a psychologist
on the court, he goes out of his way to be the opposite of his emotional, irrational father off the court
Its funny. His personality is the polar opposite of his father.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I liked the skirmish. The rivalry has been around a long time. The new generation of these two teams will be meeting each other regularly for several years.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

1tinsoldier wrote:the first time i saw Ball, as his team was being eliminated in the NCAA, my biggest criticism of him was he showed no passion. He's the Spock of basketball. He makes logical decisions -- bringing the ball up and making the best pass to the most open player each time

he needs a psychologist
Of course by the Lakers luck they miss on the guaranteed pick and get an absolute blessing in Kuzma who is looking like the best pick in the draft

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:This is a nit pick on a fun game, but I thought Booker played and shot really well in the first half, but kind of tried to do too much in the 2nd half. If he would have let the game come to him in the 2nd, his box score would have looked much better.
HE JUST TURNED 21! GIVE HIM TIME! :lol:
Pretty box score? Really?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Surprised nobody mentioned the mini skirmish tht brke out between Ulis/KCP and Jackson and Warren coming in to defend Ulis and Ball walking away like "who cares". I don't want to see Jackson turning into Kieff, but I love the fact we seemed to have our guys back more then the Lakers so call leader did.
I was a little concerned that Jackson was too overzealous. Didn't notice Ball and until they pointed it out on NBATV. Wow. He didn't even look back. Between the two responses, I'd much rather have Jackson's.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I thought Ball's response was hilarious though. Praphrased: It's the NBA. No one is actually going to fight. I'm not getting a technical. Lol.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I thought Ball's response was hilarious though. Praphrased: It's the NBA. No one is actually going to fight. I'm not getting a technical. Lol.
Spock is technically correct (no pun intended). I love tin's analogy. It's Spock on... er, I mean spot on.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I don't know why LA doesn't run Clarkson/Ball, a guy that can handle the ball and let Lonzo spot up and take a bit of pressure off him would probably do wonders for him.

I guess the almighty Luke Walton knows better though.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:This is a nit pick on a fun game, but I thought Booker played and shot really well in the first half, but kind of tried to do too much in the 2nd half. If he would have let the game come to him in the 2nd, his box score would have looked much better.
Same. In the first half, he focused on getting the team involved, and in the second half you knew he was going to shoot it every time. That's why they were able to block him so much. Good teaching moment for the young guy.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Bender for 3. Timeout. Bender heads to the bench shouting.
one of my favourite moments from last night. was the right decision by Devin and then yes Bender's body language back to the bench like "they can't f*** wit me" was great. I wasn't too sure bout going back to Josh shortly after though but hey glad we won
Bender is crazy, because he seems to know the right play, and if you watch him off the ball and in timeouts, etc, he is very vocal and active. He yells a lot. But as soon as the ball hits his hands, he starts second guessing. I hope his confidence builds and he can put the indecision behind him.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Surprised nobody mentioned the mini skirmish tht brke out between Ulis/KCP and Jackson and Warren coming in to defend Ulis and Ball walking away like "who cares". I don't want to see Jackson turning into Kieff, but I love the fact we seemed to have our guys back more then the Lakers so call leader did.
I just really appreciate that we only have those skirmishes in tight games with rivals now.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I don't know why LA doesn't run Clarkson/Ball, a guy that can handle the ball and let Lonzo spot up and take a bit of pressure off him would probably do wonders for him.

Let Lonzo "spot up"? Like, to shoot? You want them to do this?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I don't know why LA doesn't run Clarkson/Ball, a guy that can handle the ball and let Lonzo spot up and take a bit of pressure off him would probably do wonders for him.

Let Lonzo "spot up"? Like, to shoot? You want them to do this?
Yup.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Whoa, whoa, relax. I'm as big of a fan of Booker as anyone. I realize he's 21. It was admittedly a nit pik.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Whoa, whoa, relax. I'm as big of a fan of Booker as anyone. I realize he's 21. It was admittedly a nit pik.
Oh, man. If you could see me. I am sooooo relaxed.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Phew :)
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Ha ha. Yeah, it was a sarcastic shout from a very relaxed and hip Superbone. Sometimes it's hard to convey that in text form. 8-) But if Chuck Norris can do it, I'm going to continue to strive to get there.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote: HE JUST TURNED 21! GIVE HIM TIME! :lol:
Ha ha. Yeah, it was a sarcastic shout from a very relaxed and hip Superbone. Sometimes it's hard to convey that in text form. 8-) But if Chuck Norris can do it, I'm going to continue to strive to get there.
There you go. Strive for perfection and settle for excellence.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Glad the Suns were able to hang on and win this one.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !