NCAA Thread 2017-18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: NCAA Thread 2017-18

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:One of my UA buddies doesn't think Sean Miller will lose his job.

UA is an elite national program, Miller is not an elite game coach.
5, about to be 6, NBA lottery players in 9 years without a Final Four appearance is disappointing.
A smoky recruiting situation that could develop into an inferno.

What am I missing here? Cut bait and move on. That Dan Hurley guy looked pretty good coaching Buffalo.
It's going to be more palatable now to get rid of Miller. With Olson you could stomach the first round losses because he ran a good program and had earned the faith placed in him. With all the negative stuff floating around Miller you can't go out in the 1st round twice in 3 years. Will they fire him with cause now? I don't know, but I can see a situation where he's bought out for a fraction of his contract. The problem then becomes who can you get to coach the program? It would have to be one of Lute's disciples. Pastner's hands are dirty too though. I could see a former player being brought in though that might just be Kevin Ollie & UCONN al over again. I'm just really bummed about the state of all my teams right now. The 'Cats, the Suns, the Saints (our owner just passed away,) and the D'backs are all having issues. It's enough to make me want to take a break from sports.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:Ya oregon is probably the favorite next year, although Troy Brown should be going to the nba, right?
I'll be surprised if he declares this year. I think he's a fringe first rounder right now, but he has lottery upside if he comes back.

He's also not a typical one-and-done type of player academically. By all accounts, he's smart and actually intends to earn his degree someday. I definitely think he'd be gone if he was projected in the lottery, but it's just not happening this year.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Cap wrote:
specialsauce wrote:I think Bol Bol is going to be a huge disappointment.
But a fun disappointment, if he has anything of his father in him.
I agree I’m excited to see him play, I just don’t expect him to be able to hold up against bigger players.
He'll be fine in college. The NBA? I also have my doubts.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:That Dan Hurley guy looked pretty good coaching Buffalo.
He's Bobby Hurley's brother.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:That Dan Hurley guy looked pretty good coaching Buffalo.
He's Bobby Hurley's brother.
I’m aware. Sarcasm was intended.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:Ya oregon is probably the favorite next year, although Troy Brown should be going to the nba, right?
I'll be surprised if he declares this year. I think he's a fringe first rounder right now, but he has lottery upside if he comes back.

He's also not a typical one-and-done type of player academically. By all accounts, he's smart and actually intends to earn his degree someday. I definitely think he'd be gone if he was projected in the lottery, but it's just not happening this year.
Hmmm, I've seen him projected mid 1st, some have him as a late lotto pick. We'll see what happens.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:One of my UA buddies doesn't think Sean Miller will lose his job.

5, about to be 6, NBA lottery players in 9 years without a Final Four appearance is disappointing.

What am I missing here? Cut bait and move on. That Dan Hurley guy looked pretty good coaching Buffalo.
Nate Oats is the coach of Buffalo. His dad is a friend of mine.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:

Yeah, Hurley is the coach of the University of Rhode Island.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Yeah, Hurley is the coach of the University of Rhode Island.
Buffalo, Rhode Island. Tomato, tomatoe.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:The 'Cats, the Suns, the Saints (our owner just passed away,) and the D'backs are all having issues. It's enough to make me want to take a break from sports.
What's wrong with the Dbacks? It's only spring but we're in 1st in the NL West, our starting and relief pitching has looked great and Souza should offset a good chunk of JD's production with his glove and speed on the bases (along with Dyson). I'm excited about the Dbacks this season!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

At least Cats fans can have a short reprieve of laying the biggest turd in the tournament thanks to UVA.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Wow. (16) Maryland-Baltimore defeats (1) Virginia..... by 20! 74-54!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mikal Bridges with a big 2nd half as Nova dominates Sexton and bama

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The UMBC twitter account is spitting fire since their win. Pretty funny:

https://twitter.com/UMBCAthletics

Split T

Post by Split T »

Duke looking good against Rhode island. Bagley and Carter playing well.

Split T

Post by Split T »

SGA looks good. I'd combine our two mid first picks to move up and draft him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Best I've seen diallo this year for Kentucky. Not really interested in him on the Suns but he's doing some nice things today

Split T

Post by Split T »

SGA finishes with a 27/6/6 with 2 steals on 10/12 shooting, 2/2 from 3.

Diallo with 22/8/1, with 2 blocks and a steal. 9/12 from the field.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:SGA looks good. I'd combine our two mid first picks to move up and draft him.
Idk about moving up for him, but someone is going to fall in love with a couple players in that range I'm betting. Probably will be in good demand.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I love SGA, but idk about moving up for him. Do you think he can defend nba pgs enough to start next to Booker?

Maybe Charlotte grabs him around #10. If I was Utah, I would go crazy trying to pair him with Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan