NCAA Thread 2017-18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: NCAA Thread 2017-18

Post by O_Gardino »

I didn’t see the whole UMBC upset game, but is anyone from UVA in our big board? Those kids already know how to play Phoenix Suns Basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

The only NBA guy UVA has broke his wrist and missed the tournament

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:I love SGA, but idk about moving up for him. Do you think he can defend nba pgs enough to start next to Booker?

Maybe Charlotte grabs him around #10. If I was Utah, I would go crazy trying to pair him with Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess time will tell, but he looks like he'll be a good defender. I think he's a pretty similar prospect to Ntilikina

carey

Post by carey »

National treasure Dan D'Antoni's Marshall team plays in an hour on TBS.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

WVU is my only Final Four team still alive. I typically don't have much faith in Bob Huggins coached teams, and I'm pretty sure their next opponent will feature a lot fewer balding white guys. What a wild tournament so far.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Miles Bridges and JJJ got it handed to them yesterday. How does a team with 2 projected lottery picks only score 53 points? How much does this game affect their draft positions?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/bo ... state.html

JJJ has fallen quite a bit on my board over the last month or so, and I never really liked Miles for the Suns.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:Miles Bridges and JJJ got it handed to them yesterday. How does a team with 2 projected lottery picks only score 53 points? How much does this game affect their draft positions?

JJJ has fallen quite a bit on my board over the last month or so, and I never really liked Miles for the Suns.
Lots of people love JJJ and his advanced stats, but I can't remember him playing any high end big men except Duke, where Bagley was hurt early in the game. I'm not quite as sold on him, but I admit I could be wrong and he could end up being the best big in the draft. Miles is a pure tweener and will probably be a good player off the bench, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He’s going to be average. Take that for data

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Miles Bridges and JJJ got it handed to them yesterday. How does a team with 2 projected lottery picks only score 53 points? How much does this game affect their draft positions?

Lots of people love JJJ and his advanced stats, but I can't remember him playing any high end big men except Duke, where Bagley was hurt early in the game. I'm not quite as sold on him, but I admit I could be wrong and he could end up being the best big in the draft. Miles is a pure tweener and will probably be a good player off the bench, imo.
I loved JJJ early on, but like Trae, he just hasn't been that good overall. In the first 14 games, he averaged about 7.5 rebounds. Good enough but not spectacular. Since, he has averaged about 4.5. His shooting %s have gotten better, but he has also settled down into more comfortable shots, and isn't pushing the defense much. He might be similar to Bender, and it's getting harder to envision HOF potential there.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I don't like Trae or JJJ. I like them about as much as I liked Bender/Chriss coming, which is to say, um.. zero.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

By the time the draft rolls around I could easily see talking myself into the safety that is Bagley.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:By the time the draft rolls around I could easily see talking myself into the safety that is Bagley.
There is a good possibility that he becomes the best player in this draft when all is said and done.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

For some reason, I see a lot of Noah Vonleh in JJJ. Not high on him at all.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I feel pretty good about Bagley. We're probably never gonna be a great defensive team with Booker and Bagley, but we'd be pretty dang good on offense. Bagley has some similarities to Julius Randle. What Randle is doing this year is where I see Bagley floor. Bagley is longer, more athletic, and I think will shoot better.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Bagley over Ayton?

I go back and forth on those two all the time.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My prediction is we get the #2 pick (lottery gods never bless us) and that we take Bagley.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I would still take Ayton over Bagley and it’s not particularly close. But at #3, assuming Ayton and Doncic are off the board, I could see myself favoring Bagley.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:My prediction is we get the #2 pick (lottery gods never bless us) and that we take Bagley.
I’d be thrilled with #2. I think Doncic is the best prospect but Ayton will likely go 1. Luka’s a terrific consolation prize.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Have you guys been watching M Porter Junior's return to the court?

He's out of shape, but from the bits I've seen he really does have talent on both ends of the court. I would have to strongly consider him at #3. He might be the best true 2-way player int eh draft. It's still hard to say what his health and effectiveness really is, since he has been playing back into shape.

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:Have you guys been watching M Porter Junior's return to the court?

He's out of shape, but from the bits I've seen he really does have talent on both ends of the court. I would have to strongly consider him at #3. He might be the best true 2-way player int eh draft. It's still hard to say what his health and effectiveness really is, since he has been playing back into shape.
He's interesting. I like his brother too, but Jontay was awful in a 1st round loss against Florida St. although MPJ wasn't much better.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!