Game Day: Suns (7-13) @ TWolves (11-8), Sun 11/26/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Game Day: Suns (7-13) @ TWolves (11-8), Sun 11/26/17

Post by Shabazz »

The biggest issue with drafting both Chriss and Bender wasn't that they're both power forwards, it was that they're both atrocious defensive rebounders, so they can never play together. The had a few minutes together again today and predictably got mauled on the glass.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:We started Monroe at PF and still couldn't find minutes for Len? Lost the rebound battle by 11.

Is it worth watching this one?
I thought it was entertaining for the most part. Yes, the Wolves offensive rebounding was frustrating but we hung in there and would have been right there if it weren't for that. I was proud of our shorthanded team for hanging in there.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I watched a little and the Suns hung in there, but it's painfully clear that the Suns need talent. I love Warren, but I have zero confidence that he will make a shot when he shoots it from 3. I actually hope that Butler is the template for what we could see from Jackson in the future.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Chriss had a few really nice defensive possessions against KAT. You all know I'm pretty hard on Chriss, but he has been playing better and better defense.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:I watched a little and the Suns hung in there, but it's painfully clear that the Suns need talent. I love Warren, but I have zero confidence that he will make a shot when he shoots it from 3. I actually hope that Butler is the template for what we could see from Jackson in the future.
I love Warren, too, but we don't have the right pieces around him for him to be effective, and I think he needs to be a much better passer, too. My hope is that someone loves his #s and we can package him for a star.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

Warren would be excellent on the Warriors or a team with a ton of shooters and ball movement. He can succeed here if we surround him with 4 other players that can shoot. In the modern NBA you can't have 2 to 3 guys on the floor at the same time that are no threat from 3. I'm fairly sure we all know that though.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Those are my thoughts. We need more shooters around him or produce more halfcourt, executed sets to get him coming off screens, mismatches in the post or cutting to the basket. I don't think he's a stater in today's NBA, but he's really of the more underrated pure scorers in the halfcourt and transition.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:How the heck are we shooting 59% from the field and 67% from 3 with what we started?
What we started actually had us down 12 by mid 1st quarter but the bench guys James n Daniels (were hot in the 1st half)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

what was so amazing to me is the impact Dudley had in the 2nd half. there is just something for understanding the game and relying on your feel for the game more than your physical attributes. he just did his thing, made good defensive rotations and had nice dishes in the 3rd/4th that helped keep the score respectable. all of us expect him to stay with the team in some capacity, if he could figure out how to get Chriss n Josh see the game better that would be something :oops:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Split T wrote:How the heck are we shooting 59% from the field and 67% from 3 with what we started?
What we started actually had us down 12 by mid 1st quarter but the bench guys James n Daniels (were hot in the 1st half)
Makes sense. I wasn't able to watch the actual game.