Suns News: Week 7 11/27-12/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 7 11/27-12/3

Post by carey »

We're on a 6-game road trip & have lost 3 in a row. What a time to be a Suns fan!

Last Week's Games

vs. Milwaukee LOSS 113-107
vs. New Orleans LOSS 115-91
@ Minnesota LOSS 119-108

This Week's Games

Tuesday, November 28th @ Chicago 8:00PM EST
Wednesday, November 29th @ Detroit 7:00PM EST
Saturday, December 2nd @ Boston 1:00PM EST

Suns Stories

Bickley: Triano teaching Suns how much coaching matters in the NBA - https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 894862001/

Triano questioning himself after loss - https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 894851001/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Re: Suns News: Week 7 11/27-12/3

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:Triano questioning himself after loss - https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 894851001/
Jay Triano wrote:He’s also wondering if his practices have somehow exhausted his players...“Maybe it pays dividends later in the season, but we have to keep working,” Triano said. “Big picture is we have to develop these guys, so whatever we’re doing, we have to get our guys used to playing and practicing.”
Hey Jay, have you considered yoga and phone calls from the grocery store?

We still aren't going to be a playoff team this season, but I like that Triano is teaching basketball.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:We still aren't going to be a playoff team this season, but I like that Triano is teaching basketball.
If only we would stop playing guys that have no part of the Suns future.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:We still aren't going to be a playoff team this season, but I like that Triano is teaching basketball.
Who do you wish he didn't play?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
carey wrote:
Who do you wish he didn't play?
My first guess would be Chandler.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote: Who do you wish he didn't play?
Chandler, Mike James, and Monroe. You've already shown Monroe is healthy. There's no reason to be starting him & Chandler right now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I enjoyed the article on Triano. So far he is the real deal. The players have really responded and they're looking better than ever as a basketball team. The young guys seem to be up trending again. He might be the guy.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:I enjoyed the article on Triano. So far he is the real deal. The players have really responded and they're looking better than ever as a basketball team. The young guys seem to be up trending again. He might be the guy.
Say what now?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:I enjoyed the article on Triano. So far he is the real deal. The players have really responded and they're looking better than ever as a basketball team. The young guys seem to be up trending again. He might be the guy.
Say what now?
What are you trying to say? You've got to watch the games to see it, carey. :P

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I only missed the last one and sometimes the 4th quarter when we're getting blown out. I just want to know what you think looks better than ever?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I only missed the last one and sometimes the 4th quarter when we're getting blown out. I just want to know what you think looks better than ever?
The offense, defense, ball movement, and sharing the ball. I didn't say it equated to wins but it looks so much better than our first three games and last couple of years of play before that.

ETA: When I say "ever" I mean with the current young team for the last couple of years. Basically, since the start of the Watson era.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/Cody_Cunningham/status/935212756248268800

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote: Who do you wish he didn't play?
Chandler, Mike James, and Monroe. You've already shown Monroe is healthy. There's no reason to be starting him & Chandler right now.
OK. Who's the backup PG?

Do you also want Len to not play? Because he gave every indication over the summer that he is not coming back. IMO, potential trade acquisitions from Chandler and Monroe are far more part of the Suns future than Len.

I don't think any team in the BA can go 9 deep with players who will be there in 3 years. I'd be surprised if we have more than Ulis / Booker / Jackson / one of Bender Chriss past thier rookie contracts.

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote: OK. Who's the backup PG?

Do you also want Len to not play? Because he gave every indication over the summer that he is not coming back. IMO, potential trade acquisitions from Chandler and Monroe are far more part of the Suns future than Len.

I don't think any team in the BA can go 9 deep with players who will be there in 3 years. I'd be surprised if we have more than Ulis / Booker / Jackson / one of Bender Chriss past thier rookie contracts.
Ok can we give him backup PG minutes though? As in 17 or less? I don't think Len will be here but I don't see the upside of playing Monroe & Chandler so much either. I expect their minutes to shrink in a couple of weeks once the entire league is tradeable. My entire point is play the young guys legit minutes. Ride them 30 minutes per game. If we get blown out so fucking what. It's better than watching Monroe, Tyson, and James do whatever it is they are doing.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

https://twitter.com/YoungNBA/status/934907751041568768

Yeesh.

carey

Post by carey »

I'd also like to see Alec Peters get some run since he's currently with the team.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
O_Gardino wrote: OK. Who's the backup PG?

Ok can we give him backup PG minutes though? As in 17 or less? I don't think Len will be here but I don't see the upside of playing Monroe & Chandler so much either. I expect their minutes to shrink in a couple of weeks once the entire league is tradeable. My entire point is play the young guys legit minutes. Ride them 30 minutes per game. If we get blown out so f*** what. It's better than watching Monroe, Tyson, and James do whatever it is they are doing.
I just don't think players develop into winners by getting blown out. They've got to compete to win.

carey

Post by carey »

Alex Len fights frustration as playing time disappears: https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 899367001/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:Alex Len fights frustration as playing time disappears: https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 899367001/
He's going to be pretty good for somebody else next year.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

This organization has shown that they're a little shaky at both drafting and developing players.

It took them three seasons to figure out Len isn't a jump shooter, I don't see much (if any) progress for Chriss this year, Ulis has regressed, and the coaches we've had have liked playing veterans way to many minutes (which would be different if our veterans were difference-makers).
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695