Around the League: Week 7 11/27-12/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Around the League: Week 7 11/27-12/3

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'm not that upset that he didnt try his hardest. Our team was going nowhere, and we openly tried to trade him. He was rightfully upset and didn't want to be here.
WE WERE PAYING HIM 70 MILLION DOLLARS!!! I don't care that his feelings were hurt. Do your job.
Exactly. Part of his job was to bring out the best in his teammates, and he did the exact opposite by setting an example of laziness.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

By the way, league pass alert: The Warriors are in the midst of a nice comeback against the Pelicans right now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:By the way, league pass alert: The Warriors are in the midst of a nice comeback against the Pelicans right now.
Sorry but the League Pass alert tonight was Booker going off on the 76ers. He went Michael Jordan on their asses. Fuck the Warriors.
"Be Legendary."

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:By the way, league pass alert: The Warriors are in the midst of a nice comeback against the Pelicans right now.

BOOOOOOOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sorry but the League Pass alert tonight was Booker going off on the 76ers. He went Michael Jordan on their asses. f*** the Warriors.
Fine, but the Warriors/Pels game was after ours; and even if one dislikes the Warriors, the showdown with Boogie hitting huge 3s, Durant and DeMarcus getting into it leading to a double ejection, etc. was exciting basketball. The Pels almost held off the champs. Curry went out with an ankle sprain late in the game, too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Sorry but the League Pass alert tonight was Booker going off on the 76ers. He went Michael Jordan on their asses. f*** the Warriors.
Fine, but the Warriors/Pels game was after ours; and even if one dislikes the Warriors, the showdown with Boogie hitting huge 3s, Durant and DeMarcus getting into it leading to a double ejection, etc. was exciting basketball. The Pels almost held off the champs. Curry went out with an ankle sprain late in the game, too.
Sorry but meh. Hate the Warriors. I won't watch them unless they're playing the Suns. Sorry we don't all love your hometown team. Love to hate is more like it.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Sorry but meh. Hate the Warriors. I won't watch them unless they're playing the Suns. Sorry we don't all love your hometown team. Love to hate is more like it.
This. That team is so damn unlikeable. Ugh.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Oh, and one other thing Marty. I really appreciate you running this site! :D
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
This. That team is so damn unlikeable. Ugh.
I have no interest in watching them either. I hate Durant, Draymond, and most of the team not named Klay. I’ve even soured on Steph Curry. They are so entitled and Whiney. I get no enjoyment out of watching them. I’d much rather watch the Celtics, Sixers, Wolves, Thunder, Spurs, even the Cavs.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

So who's giving DJ this huge contract everyone seems to be sure he will get?

Split T

Post by Split T »

If we land a player like Doncic or Bagley, signing DJ wouldn't be the worst idea. I'm not supporting it, but we'd have our young core pretty set with Booker, Doncic, Jackson, warren, Chriss, bender, and ulis. We need to start winning games and DJ makes some sense. He's basically a better, younger, more athletic Tyson.

We could run a Booker-Jackson-Warren-Doncic-DJ lineup. DJ just sets picks, dives to the rim, crashes the glass, and protects the rim.
Booker and Doncic could run the offense and we could at least start trying to make the playoffs.

I'd probably want to keep his deal to 2 years, but I imagine we'd have to go at least 3 to get him to sign. We'd also need to move Tyson and let Len walk.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Deandre Jordan will be old for the entire duration of his next contract.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Beal put up 51 points on only 5 FTA last night. Very few rebounds, assists, etc. Just pure catch and shoot. 37 times.

Don't look now, but OKC has won 3 in a row against teams with better records. There are like, 10,000 astrixes on those wins, but maybe it's what they need to get going.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:If we land a player like Doncic or Bagley, signing DJ wouldn't be the worst idea. I'm not supporting it, but we'd have our young core pretty set with Booker, Doncic, Jackson, warren, Chriss, bender, and ulis. We need to start winning games and DJ makes some sense. He's basically a better, younger, more athletic Tyson.

We could run a Booker-Jackson-Warren-Doncic-DJ lineup. DJ just sets picks, dives to the rim, crashes the glass, and protects the rim.
Booker and Doncic could run the offense and we could at least start trying to make the playoffs.

I'd probably want to keep his deal to 2 years, but I imagine we'd have to go at least 3 to get him to sign. We'd also need to move Tyson and let Len walk.
We'd be scoring 70pts a game and Booker and Warren would be averaging 25-30ppg. We need shooting. All over the lineup. Shooting.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Doncic is a very good shooter. How does switching Chandler for DeAndre make us worse on offense? We'd probably score 110 a game.
Last edited by Split T on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:Deandre Jordan will be old for the entire duration of his next contract.
He'd be 30-32. Not exactly old. Again, I'm not saying we should do it, but it's not the travesty of a move that people will think it is.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Deandre Jordan will be old for the entire duration of his next contract.
He'd be 30-32. Not exactly old. Again, I'm not saying we should do it, but it's not the travesty of a move that people will think it is.
OK, but if we are paying big $ to a guy that old, I'd look into Kevin Love first. Shooting and passing and a shorter contract.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Fair enough. There are a lot of rim protectors in the draft. Ulis-Booker-Jackson-Love with Bamba/Williams/Ayton/Jackson at the 5 could be interesting. But love isn't a free agent, is he?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Nope, but he could be available if the Cavs are looking to rebuild.

The way I see it, you either trade the pick for an established superstar, or you keep your player and bring in established veterans to get the team started on the winning path. I guess it depends on where that pick falls, right?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Couldn’t disagree more