Game Day (Early Start!): Suns (8-15) @ Celtics (19-4), Sat 12/2/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Game Day (Early Start!): Suns (8-15) @ Celtics (19-4), Sat 12/2/17

Post by djy2j »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Laziest defense I've ever seen. Are you kidding me? 3 straight uncontested shots. GTFO.
I actually watched this one 2nd quarter on. Phoenix franchise has it embedded in their culture that losing is ok. 2 straight offense rebounds where not a single Suns player even tried to grab the ball. That sums up why this franchise is where it is because they play hard when it's convenient. Booker played well and with a sense of urgency but that's all other than maybe Jackson.

Bender and Chriss look terrible for how early they were drafted and Chris's already had a lazy off-season.

Booker is a godsend but there's not a lot else going on right now. The franchise is surrounded by ineptness. I just hope for a lot of luck to turn this around because that's what it's going to take.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

EDC

Post by EDC »

It is an argument that doesn't really matter though. We never had a chance to pick Tatum. It isn't like we took Jackson over him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Split T wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I've had my issues with Booker, but this kid is ridiculous.

Also, Tatum is leaps and bounds better than Jackson. Its not remotely close.
We'll see. Looks that way now, but Tatum is in a perfect situation and was always a more polished player. Jackson was always going to take more time.
That argument doesn't hold any water with me. Tatum is a year younger than Jackson :lol:
I'm just saying, maybe we can wait a few years before we determine who's better. Tatum obviously looks better now. But Tyreke Evans and Michael Carter Williams both won ROY over guys like Steph Curry, James harden, demar Derozan, Antetekounmpo, and CJ McCollum

EDC

Post by EDC »

djy2j wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Laziest defense I've ever seen. Are you kidding me? 3 straight uncontested shots. GTFO.
I actually watched this one 2nd quarter on. Phoenix franchise has it embedded in their culture that losing is ok. 2 straight offense rebounds where not a single Suns player even tried to grab the ball. That sums up why this franchise is where it is because they play hard when it's convenient. Booker played well and with a sense of urgency but that's all other than maybe Jackson.

Bender and Chriss look terrible for how early they were drafted and Chris's already had a lazy off-season.

Booker is a godsend but there's not a lot else going on right now. The franchise is surrounded by ineptness. I just hope for a lot of luck to turn this around because that's what it's going to take.
We are going to need a whole new coaching staff to try and rework the culture. It helped putting an actual coach in charge but this guy was already in the locker room so it probably wasn't enough of a mix up. Nothing against Triano he is in a tough spot taking over a few games into the season and such.

I just really hope Sarver is willing to pay for a top tier coach.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good thing we did not acquire that loser, Kyrie Irving! What a bum. Glad he is not on our team! Phew.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Some good individual efforts by the Suns.

Still, the 4-5 minute "vacations" on defense are killing them.

Even though it was the Celtics in Boston, this was a winnable game. The Celtics did not bring their "A" game.

If the Suns ever find a guy over 6-10 that can play consistent D, I will go to the race track and bet the long shot...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i was a very early advocate of us trading for Kyrie but changed my mind when his off-court ignorance became more pronounced. and it was too early for us to invest in a playoff stud anyway.

today, was typical of his game. he disappears for long periods but when you need someone to step up in the end, he's the guy. but i don't see him as an mvp type player.

imo, the celtics success with either him or Thomas indicates they've got an excellent team, period
they were lethal from 3

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Tatum was solid, and that was predicted about him during the draft evaluations.
they questioned his longer term upside, and i believe that question is still valid.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

despite some lapses
the suns looked promising today

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Good thing we did not acquire that loser, Kyrie Irving! What a bum. Glad he is not on our team! Phew.
More ineptness. To be honest that would have probably been bungled too.

Also, if you're not going to play Len just trade him for Okafor and be done with it.

Or just continue dithering on how you want to build the team McDo.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

n4th4n wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
n4th4n wrote:Jackson needs more playtime. Trianno's instance on playing "traditional lineups" is starting to irritate me.
He shoots so many wild shots offensively that I'm totally fine that he doesnt play a lot. He just takes bad shots, sure sometimes they go in, but most of the time they dont.
He needs to play.
Agreed.

I missed this game, but every game our core guys don’t get +20 minutes is a complete waste.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i agree that he's a chucker
and
that he needs to play

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

and it raises the question
how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm glad we had a solid showing, tried not to see a box score lol but Devin was trending and his stats popped up on my timeline so I saw how efficient he was. well time to wait patiently as always til game is uploaded
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I am still at the end of the first half but this is some of the worst officiating I’ve seen in my life!
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:I am still at the end of the first half but this is some of the worst officiating I’ve seen in my life!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the officiating was bad. I usually am hesitant to criticize them because it's often just an easy, lazy excuse for poor play, but it really felt like the refs were calling the game differently for both teams.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

James is terrible at getting a shot off at the end of a quarter.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

James wouldn’t pass out to a wide-open Bender.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

"I'll tell you right now, it's a tough position to be in," Irving said. "You look back at some of the great players that have been on a similar journey, and a lot of the attention, a lot of the scrutiny that comes with it, because every loss that comes at a fault is yours. Everyone's going to pinpoint, whether it be your defense, whether it be the shots that your taking, whether it be a pass that you're not making, they'll find something that's not good enough.

"I feel like he's doing an incredible job of just staying the course. He has it. He already has that mentality of being a killer. He already has the tools, he's already a great player in this league already and he's going to continue to showcase that. Now it's just getting the right pieces around him in order to be at a high level to showcase that. Because not only can he score, he can rebound, he can pass. You're seeing it. When he goes against the high-level teams, you can see that he raises his game to another level. And that's a tell-tale signs of a great player in that making have that consistency for years to come.

"Obviously, you guys can see that I'm a big fan. I've been watching him for awhile. You just want him to stay as healthy as he can, because a situation like that, as a competitor, you want to play 48 minutes a game. You go on a two-game losing streak, three-game losing streak, 38 points is not enough and it eats at you. It just comes with maturity in this league and he'll continue to get better."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well that was too bad. Suns quit scoring at the end of the third quarter and the Celtics didn’t. Too bad. It was a good close game before that.
"Be Legendary."