Game Day (Early Start!): Suns (8-15) @ Celtics (19-4), Sat 12/2/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day (Early Start!): Suns (8-15) @ Celtics (19-4), Sat 12/2/17

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Superbone wrote:That tandem offensive put back after like 7 attempts by Chandler and Warren was awesome!
:D :lol:
I actually watched it again and counted and it was 8 put backs before it finally went in.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/SunsBballComm/status/937050263864709120

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/937051254332772352

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/937077981981245440

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:I don’t hate them. I just don’t think they’re a significant piece of our future.

By significant, I mean starter. Bench players are not what you spend years developing.
Your words say otherwise.
Because I’m critical of them? Because I feel like Chriss and Jackson have fatal flaws in their game that have plagued many players, and that Benders lack of aggression will forever hold him back from being anything more than a solid role player? I actually like Bender. I just don’t believe in any of them.
No, because you literally said "I hate Mike James."
A poster on another board said that Mike James has a "such a punchable face". I laughed. I do not know how to describe why that is, but it is true. And I am not a Mike James hater.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I feel bad for Mike James. He gets a lot of crap, but it's not his fault we don't have a competent PG on the roster. I think he's fine as a 3rd PG. I wouldn't want to count on him every game, but if you need a scoring punch, throw him in and see if he can get something going.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Agreed. When I watch him I see, or maybe want to see, JJ Barea.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:I don’t hate them. I just don’t think they’re a significant piece of our future.

By significant, I mean starter. Bench players are not what you spend years developing.
Because I’m critical of them? Because I feel like Chriss and Jackson have fatal flaws in their game that have plagued many players, and that Benders lack of aggression will forever hold him back from being anything more than a solid role player? I actually like Bender. I just don’t believe in any of them.
:lol: okay fair

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:

A poster on another board said that Mike James has a "such a punchable face". I laughed. I do not know how to describe why that is, but it is true. And I am not a Mike James hater.
So true.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Barea is the best comp for James. But Barea played with more discipline and Jame plays with more attitude.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Split T wrote:I feel bad for Mike James. He gets a lot of crap, but it's not his fault we don't have a competent PG on the roster. I think he's fine as a 3rd PG. I wouldn't want to count on him every game, but if you need a scoring punch, throw him in and see if he can get something going.
agree.
he can only be as good a Mike James as he can be and it's not as if he isn't giving a solid effort
he just isn't a starting pg. i wouldn't mind having him on the team as a 3rd pg
unfortunately, unless Ulis improves, he's also only a 3rd option

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

1tinsoldier wrote:
Split T wrote:I feel bad for Mike James. He gets a lot of crap, but it's not his fault we don't have a competent PG on the roster. I think he's fine as a 3rd PG. I wouldn't want to count on him every game, but if you need a scoring punch, throw him in and see if he can get something going.
agree.
he can only be as good a Mike James as he can be and it's not as if he isn't giving a solid effort
he just isn't a starting pg. i wouldn't mind having him on the team as a 3rd pg
unfortunately, unless Ulis improves, he's also only a 3rd option
Ulis has improved. Since the Houston game (9 games), he is shooting 40% from 3 and 47% overall, with over 4 assists +a steal per game. Defense will always be an issue because of his size, bu the intensity is there and he gets into guys bringing the ball up.

I think he was playing himself back into shape early in the season. These numbers are more indicative of what he can do.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Ulis has shown that he is at *least* a good NBA backup PG, and possibly a starting caliber PG. I'd rather have a blue chipper as starting PG and Ulis off the bench, but that is a luxury.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Anyone thinking Ulis was a starter was fooling themselves. He's got the game, but can't cut it physically. He'll be a dynamite backup once we have a legit starting PG.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

We need a big starting pg. 6-4 to 6-6 range at least. Ulis can be backup and cover little speedsters if necessary.

Any way we can just take Doncic and Ayton from this draft and be done with our rebuild?

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

alright, i remembered after the game that this was the worst moment, as others have remarked, but watching this clip is un-frigging-believable
it really needs to be archived in the NBA hall of shame
https://sports.yahoo.com/one-possession ... ml?src=rss
and it's not like, they were lax because we were already blown out at the time. -- we were down 2 :oops:

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

JCSunsfan wrote:Any way we can just take Doncic and Ayton from this draft and be done with our rebuild?
Sure, we just have to give up Booker. Now seriously, at this pace we won't even finish bottom 5, although I have faith in Memphis (built to win) and Sacto (structurally inept; signed vets that could take them out of the worst of the worst).

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

1tinsoldier wrote:alright, i remembered after the game that this was the worst moment, as others have remarked, but watching this clip is un-frigging-believable
and it's not like, they were lax because we were already blown out at the time. -- we were down 2 :oops:
Oh yeah, how to forget. Everybody looking while the C's grabbed the second offensive rebound, particularly our supposed vet rebounder.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:alright, i remembered after the game that this was the worst moment, as others have remarked, but watching this clip is un-frigging-believable
Oh yeah, how to forget. Everybody looking while the C's grabbed the second offensive rebound, particularly our supposed vet rebounder.
I understood letting smart take the first 3, he's a terrible shooter, but someone needs to at least move over to that side of the court to prevent the ball hitting the front of the rim and going straight back to smart, then I guess letting him take the next 3 is probably the right call again, but still everyone just stood there. Chriss followed his man to chase the rebound out of bounds but then he and Chandler just stood there about 10 feet from horford, both guarding the Celtics player on the ground. Warren was 10 feet away on smart I believe and didn't move. Booker was under the hoop covering no one.

One of Chandler or Chriss needed to close out on horford and Warren should have left smart to cover horford as well. Just a pretty ugly and lazy play.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JCSunsfan wrote:We need a big starting pg. 6-4 to 6-6 range at least. Ulis can be backup and cover little speedsters if necessary.

Any way we can just take Doncic and Ayton from this draft and be done with our rebuild?
Nickiel Alexander-Walker is my vote. Bruce Brown might be able to play a little point as well.