Game Day: Spurs (18-8) @ Suns (9-18), Sat 12/9/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Spurs (18-8) @ Suns (9-18), Sat 12/9/17

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:We need a real PG. And I don't think AASE will be it.
I think we'll draft one. Get ready for Trae Young, Collin Sexton, Nickiel Alexander-Walker, or Trevon Duvall.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

The Spurs go into games to prove themselves and win. The Suns go into games because they are scheduled.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Am I the only one that saw Aldridge grab Jackson to prevent him from getting back to guard the game winning 3 by the Spurs?
"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

yes, the grab was very clear

also very clear, was another awful sequence of the suns standing around while the offensive player kept rebounding the ball until he scored

also very clear, when James takes control of a game it's surely another loss
his stats were very good, so it's hard to complain
and yet i must

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:Mike James with 14 FGAs. I wonder what Bender's high is in FGAs this season.
If only Bender had James’ attacking mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I checked out at halftime, so I missed the late game theatrics. Wish I had stayed tuned to watch Jackson play defense. I’m glad we made this competitive, at least.

I’ve been one of Dragan’s biggest supporters, but I’m very concerned about his mentality right now.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

O_Gardino wrote:I checked out at halftime, so I missed the late game theatrics. Wish I had stayed tuned to watch Jackson play defense. I’m glad we made this competitive, at least.

I’ve been one of Dragan’s biggest supporters, but I’m very concerned about his mentality right now.

I don't know if I'm so much concerned about his mentality as how he is being coached and managed by the team....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

1tinsoldier wrote:also very clear, was another awful sequence of the suns standing around while the offensive player kept rebounding the ball until he scored
This is a big problem. It happened on the first play of the game and many times in between. It needs to be addressed pronto. It is the reason we lost the game. We would have won easily without it.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:also very clear, was another awful sequence of the suns standing around while the offensive player kept rebounding the ball until he scored
This is a big problem. It happened on the first play of the game and many times in between. It needs to be addressed pronto. It is the reason we lost the game. We would have won easily without it.
It's pretty clear that Traino isn't fit to be a head coach.

Having a "PG" like Mike James doesn't help in that situation, but the lack of a plan and/or execution was glaringly obvious.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

djy2j wrote:The Spurs go into games to prove themselves and win. The Suns go into games because they are scheduled.
The Spurs are a veteran team working in an infrastructure that has been in place for 2 decades. The Suns are a bunch of 21-year olds playing for an interim coach. It's misguided to even try and compare our teams.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

n4th4n wrote:
djy2j wrote:The Spurs go into games to prove themselves and win. The Suns go into games because they are scheduled.
The Spurs are a veteran team working in an infrastructure that has been in place for 2 decades. The Suns are a bunch of 21-year olds playing for an interim coach. It's misguided to even try and compare our teams.
Good point. And it shows. The Spurs without 5 players had no business winning that game but due to their infrastructure and coaching, it's surprising that it was even as close as it was. With Booker, the Suns no doubt win that game in spite of their lazy (lack of) rebounding and youth.
"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Superbone wrote:
n4th4n wrote:
Good point. And it shows. The Spurs without 5 players had no business winning that game but due to their infrastructure and coaching, it's surprising that it was even as close as it was. With Booker, the Suns no doubt win that game in spite of their lazy (lack of) rebounding and youth.
We've been wallowing in shit for 7 years. As fans we deserve better. This franchise continues to let important things fall through the cracks, one being effort. This team has been complacent and accepts losing because by now everyone knows when you play for Phoenix you lose until you go somewhere else. It's bullshit.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i don't get how your pay can equate to over a thousand dollar per minute, and you opt to stand around on the court -- ever!
but forget the money. they're not thinking about that when playing.
but what about the thousands of people in the stands watching, yelling?
you can't forget them
(even if you can forget the millions watching worldwide on tv)

i believe the main responsibility of the coach, is to make them remember

i was disappointing to see Jackson standing around with the rest
instead of moving and cutting without the ball
i thought he was one of the few high energy guys
is this what he's learning!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

djy2j wrote:
Superbone wrote:
n4th4n wrote:
We've been wallowing in s*** for 7 years. As fans we deserve better. This franchise continues to let important things fall through the cracks, one being effort. This team has been complacent and accepts losing because by now everyone knows when you play for Phoenix you lose until you go somewhere else. It's bullshit.
Sure, but look at former bottom feeder like the Wolves or the 76rs.

Minni has sucked for a decade, alienating a hall of famer in KG and a star in Love. They looked like bottomless but once they got their franchise nucleus in KAT-Wiggins, they were able to hire a credible coach and make moves towards winning unsing some of their youth and picks to trade for vets. The 76rs are in that stage now too, with Simmons and Embiid (and their tank started one season before ours).

We have Booker and some additional ammo, but we need one more undisputed premium kid. We must endure another season of sucking, then use picks and the non special parts to build a winner. Nailing the '18 draft is imperative.

It hurts, but it's for the better.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That sucks that SA can leave most of their starters at home to rest feeling confident that It won’t matter. Aldrich is no scrub though.

Mike James gets a lot of slack but he was our best player. He most likely isn’t our guy for the future but he doesn’t deserve a shellacking every game he gets here. Then again we are always hard on point guards. He’s PG # what in the last 5 years and the search continues.

They got way too many offensive rebounds with 18. We got 10. The Suns with 11 total assists for the game. SA with 18.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Mike James gets a lot of slack but he was our best player. He most likely isn’t our guy for the future but he doesn’t deserve a shellacking every game he gets here.

The Suns with 11 total assists for the game. SA with 18.
there is a correlation between the first and 2nd paragraph.
he had 2 assists in about 30 minutes
the suns lost

he's not our guy for the future
he's not our guy for the present
he's just OK for the guy who comes off the bench

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

djy2j wrote:
Superbone wrote:
n4th4n wrote:
We've been wallowing in s*** for 7 years. As fans we deserve better. This franchise continues to let important things fall through the cracks, one being effort. This team has been complacent and accepts losing because by now everyone knows when you play for Phoenix you lose until you go somewhere else. It's bullshit.
Seriously - why Chriss’s fat ass wasn’t sent straight to g-league when he turned up looking like that is beyond me.

Or actually it’s not, which says it all.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

3rdside wrote:
djy2j wrote:
Superbone wrote:
n4th4n wrote:
Seriously - why Chriss’s fat ass wasn’t sent straight to g-league when he turned up looking like that is beyond me.

Watson wanted to take him out to dinner. :lol: :lol: Again, he wanted to take the guy who came in out of shape out to dinner. This is the same guy the franchise was so in love with that they didn't even bother to interview anyone else for the job. :lol: :lol: This is why i have so much cynicism towards this franchise. For every good move I'll show you two bad ones.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

djy2j wrote:
3rdside wrote:
djy2j wrote:
Superbone wrote:
n4th4n wrote:

Watson wanted to take him out to dinner. :lol: :lol: Again, he wanted to take the guy who came in out of shape out to dinner. This is the same guy the franchise was so in love with that they didn't even bother to interview anyone else for the job. :lol: :lol: This is why i have so much cynicism towards this franchise. For every good move I'll show you two bad ones.
Exactly. It's not about Chriss "coming in" from the offseason out of shape. He spent a lot of the offseason in Phoenix working out with Watson's staff. They watched him gain the weight. They started him in summer league. They took him out to dinner.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Kawhi is back, and the Spurs lost to Dallas last night. I guess the old rivalry is still alive.

Have the Cavs finally figured out that Kevin Love is pretty good? Since they turned the corner, he has been averaging 20/10/2 on good shooting.

Brooklyn continues to be better than awful, and it's looking more certain that they wont give a top 5 pick to Cleveland. Well played, Boston?

Detroit is sinking fast. 6 or 7 losses in a row now, and they really don't have any reason beside that they aren't that good.

Do the Sixers and Wolves have the most interesting cross conference rivalry in the NBA right now? That was a good game last night.