Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
1tinsoldier

Re: Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Everybody who didn't want to trade Bledsoe + Jackson for Kyrie Irving: Way to go. Nice decision.
i was willing to do Bled, Bender and Chriss for Kyrie at one point but was, and am, still glad we didn't get him
our defense would still be the worst and we'd still be going nowhere

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Everybody who didn't want to trade Bledsoe + Jackson for Kyrie Irving: Way to go. Nice decision.
Com'on man. Kyrie Irving wouldn't have stayed here. We've been over this enough already.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Com'on man. Kyrie Irving wouldn't have stayed here. We've been over this enough already.
Nah, that's a loser mentality, haven't you heard?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Yeah, so let’s just accept this turd of a roster we have

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:Yeah, so let’s just accept this turd of a roster we have
Who said that? Shouldn't McD (and Sarver) be held accountable?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

QOTD: Will the Suns win a game before Booker rejoins the team?
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:QOTD: Will the Suns win a game before Booker rejoins the team?
The gameday thread says we're playing the Nets tonight, so, maybe?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:QOTD: Will the Suns win a game before Booker rejoins the team?
The gameday thread says we're playing the Nets tonight, so, maybe?
;) Making the game day threads isn't as easy as it looks. :P
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
So let’s not take a risk and trade for Kyrie because he might leave. So what? Even if he does leave, the turd sandwich we would have sent to Cleveland wasn’t getting us anywhere anyway. At least we’d have two years of a superstar caliber talent paired next to booker. Even if that doesn’t get us a championship it’s better than watching a Gleague roster take the court every night

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
So let’s not take a risk and trade for Kyrie because he might leave. So what? Even if he does leave, the turd sandwich we would have sent to Cleveland wasn’t getting us anywhere anyway. At least we’d have two years of a superstar caliber talent paired next to booker. Even if that doesn’t get us a championship it’s better than watching a Gleague roster take the court every night

When did Bledsoe/Jackson/1st rounder becoming a turd sandwich.

I think had we made that trade we'd feel lukewarm about it now. Booker and Kyrie would be taking turns on offense and would both probably score a lot of points, but we'd give up a ton as well. We'd be 14-16, in the fight for the playoffs, but not a contender.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

yes, it would have been nice seeing Book and Kyrie play together but you're factoring in the hindsight of knowing that our trade candidates -- our 1st and 2nd year rooks are not producing
and, knowing how badly our coach and team sucks
it's more than a hunch that he'd have been a discontent here, especially since he didn't want to be here to begin with

i'll settle for the loses and the sucking for 2 years
rather than having to deal with yet another discontent
same goes for the hypothetical of drafting Lonzo and his father if we had the chance

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I can’t understand the mentality of sitting on this team for fear of losing a superstar that we could acquire. These players are bench material at best, destined for Europe at worst. I have absolutely no interest in sitting on our hands and letting them grow. Even if we were sitting 14-16 with book and Kyrie, at least I get to watch 2 quality players every night. This team is just flat out unwatchable. Better ball is played at my local gym

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:

When did Bledsoe/Jackson/1st rounder becoming a turd sandwich.

I think had we made that trade we'd feel lukewarm about it now. Booker and Kyrie would be taking turns on offense and would both probably score a lot of points, but we'd give up a ton as well. We'd be 14-16, in the fight for the playoffs, but not a contender.
Yes, this is hindsight, but it is clear now that Bledsoe plus Jackson is a turd sandwich. The same Bledsoe that we got a turd sandwich of a package for, just shows how little he is valued. So take that value and add Josh who has basically shown he has no offensive awareness or jump shot, and you have yourself a turd sandwich of a package when you’re talking about acquiring a top 10 player in this league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

You and Mori always conveniently leave out the fact that Cleveland wanted our first round pick as well. And there's no chance Kyrie is considered a top 10 player if he's on the Suns.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You don't know that the team would be 14-16. Maybe Kyrie pushes us to be better. Maybe with a real PG we can actually find some open shots for guys like Bender, Chriss, and Daniels. Maybe Len shows an even stronger year with these guys leading the team. You just don't know.

And you didn't even want to find out, because you were too afraid.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:You don't know that the team would be 14-16. Maybe Kyrie pushes us to be better. Maybe with a real PG we can actually find some open shots for guys like Bender, Chriss, and Daniels. Maybe Len shows an even stronger year with these guys leading the team. You just don't know.

I wasn't afraid. I didn't think throwing our chips in for Kyrie was smart. I didn't think he'd make us a contender and that he'd probably leave when he became a FA. Kyrie/Booker just feels like the blazers to me.

And you're right, we'll never know what Kyrie on the Suns would have looked like, but it goes both ways. You can't look at what Kyrie is doing in Boston and assume he'd do that for us here.

I'm not thrilled about what we got for Bledsoe and Jackson has been disappointing so far, but I still believe Jackson will be a good player and we'll get a very valuable player in this upcoming draft. There are three players in this draft I wouldn't trade straight up but for kyrie. Then we can throw our chips in for a Kyrie like move.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:You don't know that the team would be 14-16. Maybe Kyrie pushes us to be better. Maybe with a real PG we can actually find some open shots for guys like Bender, Chriss, and Daniels. Maybe Len shows an even stronger year with these guys leading the team. You just don't know.

You're delusional if you think Kyrie would pass the ball to Bender or Chriss. Len would be better with Kyrie's leadership? Leadership and passing?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

A lot of “maybe” in your analysis Mori, you used to be more rational. Maybe despair is taking a toll on your risk-taking analytics. Just a few didn’t want anything to do with Irving, majority would have wanted to find out what Kyrie would do for this team, BUT ON DIFFERENTS PRICE TAGS.

And I have read around here enough bitching about the Lakers’ pick and how almost no one moves the neddle enough to be worthy of our attention, to know that nothing short of sitting atop of the conference just below the Warriors, would have stoped this board from screaming about our lost pick, and how we took a quick patch toward mediocrity, and how we needed to tank one more year.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:You and Mori always conveniently leave out the fact that Cleveland wanted our first round pick as well. And there's no chance Kyrie is considered a top 10 player if he's on the Suns.

A future first round pick was what was reported. You and I have no idea what that means. You just assume it means our unprotected pick this coming year which 1) most likely wouldn’t have been the case and 2) wouldn’t have been as valuable once we traded for Kyrie as we would almost definitely be better. Also, if we traded for Kyrie who’s to say we don’t approach FA differently and actually add talent to the squad rather than intentionally try to fill the roster out with the worst possible collection of players

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:

I wasn't afraid. I didn't think throwing our chips in for Kyrie was smart. I didn't think he'd make us a contender and that he'd probably leave when he became a FA. Kyrie/Booker just feels like the blazers to me.

And you're right, we'll never know what Kyrie on the Suns would have looked like, but it goes both ways. You can't look at what Kyrie is doing in Boston and assume he'd do that for us here.

I'm not thrilled about what we got for Bledsoe and Jackson has been disappointing so far, but I still believe Jackson will be a good player and we'll get a very valuable player in this upcoming draft. There are three players in this draft I wouldn't trade straight up but for kyrie. Then we can throw our chips in for a Kyrie like move.
I reeaaaaaaaallly want a top 3 pick.