Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Post by carey »

Last Week's Games

@ Philadelphia WIN 115-101
@ Toronto LOSS 126-113
vs. Washington LOSS 109-99
vs. San Antonio LOSS 104-101

This Week's Games

Tuesday, December 12th @ Sacramento 10:00PM EST
Wednesday, December 13th vs. Toronto 9:00PM EST
Saturday, December 16th vs. Minnesota 8:00PM EST

Suns Stories

Center of the Suns: Suns lose 3 of 4 and Devin Booker this week. - https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017 ... -this-week

Evan Sidery’s Lottery Big Board 1.0: The top six have clear separation early -
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017 ... gley-ayton

Triano: Bender has to earn his minutes. - https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 942531001/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Re: Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Post by carey »

From the Bender article.
“He can’t see peripherally so that makes it tough to rebound when you can’t see sideways,” Triano said.

Bender said Monday that the mask is “definitely uncomfortable.” But he also acknowledged he didn’t play well against San Antonio and understood why Triano went with Dudley and Marquese Chriss at power forward.

“JD and Marquese had real good games on both ends so as long as we keep winning the games I don’t really care if I play five minutes or 35 minutes,” said Bender, adding he should be able to play without the mask by the end of the week. “At the end of the day it’s all about winning.”

Except the Suns aren’t winning – they’ve lost three straight and five of six – and Bender’s regression has caused Triano to play the 32-year-old Dudley, who might help Phoenix now but certainly doesn’t fit into the organization’s long-term plans. Meanwhile, Bender, who needs the playing time to grow, finds himself stuck to the bench.

“With our rotations before he had a chance to play through (slumps),” Triano said. “Now I have three (power forwards). There’s going to be an odd man out.”

Triano said there’s a simple solution to Bender getting more minutes: earn them.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bender sounds confused. He thinks we've been winning. Plus, he should be concerned if he only plays 5 minutes.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:Bender sounds confused. He thinks we've been winning. Plus, he should be concerned if he only plays 5 minutes.
He pulled a wrong fluff response from the bag on that one :)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hermen wrote:
Superbone wrote:Bender sounds confused. He thinks we've been winning. Plus, he should be concerned if he only plays 5 minutes.
He pulled a wrong fluff response from the bag on that one :)
I know, right? :D I guess we have to give him some slack since he came from another country and learned English by watching episodes of Friends.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

yea Bender lapsed there for sure with which BS answer to give. btw I just realised the subtle thing carey does by putting the opposing teams in the preview in a similar font as their team colours :)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:btw I just realised the subtle thing carey does by putting the opposing teams in the preview in a similar font as their team colours :)
Cool, eh?
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

btw I just realised the subtle thing carey does by putting the opposing teams in the preview in a similar font as their team colours :)
Carey does lots of nice touches like that to add value to the site. He posts lots of threads every week, gathering links and info from a variety of sources. He uses colors, fonts, formatting to make the posts nicer looking and easier to read. He posts in most every Game Day thread and clearly watches a lot of the games. He's a great Suns fan and a great contributor to this site. Carey da real MVP.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

This image of Carey Price displays exactly 45% of the coolness of our Carey.

The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Ugh. The quotes from Bender in that article are the exact opposite of what I want to be hearing from him. He needs to start playing like he cares. He just never seems highly engaged on the court. I never seem him sprint in transition or crash the boards with force or drive like he means business. He defends fundamentally but not ferociously. All of this could be a case of him just being very young, but he needs to start showing more flashes.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

n4th4n wrote:Ugh. The quotes from Bender in that article are the exact opposite of what I want to be hearing from him. He needs to start playing like he cares. He just never seems highly engaged on the court. I never seem him sprint in transition or crash the boards with force or drive like he means business. He defends fundamentally but not ferociously. All of this could be a case of him just being very young, but he needs to start showing more flashes.
Somebody needs to light a fire under his butt!
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
n4th4n wrote:Ugh. The quotes from Bender in that article are the exact opposite of what I want to be hearing from him. He needs to start playing like he cares. He just never seems highly engaged on the court. I never seem him sprint in transition or crash the boards with force or drive like he means business. He defends fundamentally but not ferociously. All of this could be a case of him just being very young, but he needs to start showing more flashes.
And he ends up on IR with third-degree burns.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
And he ends up on IR with third-degree burns.
At least he won't want to go back to the bench!
"Be Legendary."

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

How much does it suck that our one player outside of Booker who has shown genuine improvement this year (Len) is about to walk and leave us with nothing? Oh boy.

carey

Post by carey »

n4th4n wrote:How much does it suck that our one player outside of Booker who has shown genuine improvement this year (Len) is about to walk and leave us with nothing? Oh boy.
It doesn't bother me. I don't think he'll ever be much better than he is now, and he's not worth the money he's asking.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

So, a little extra guard depth. And I just knew we had an injury exception of some kind. I guess it doesn't work the way I thought.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

carey wrote:
n4th4n wrote:How much does it suck that our one player outside of Booker who has shown genuine improvement this year (Len) is about to walk and leave us with nothing? Oh boy.
It doesn't bother me. I don't think he'll ever be much better than he is now, and he's not worth the money he's asking.
Do we even know what he is asking?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:
I am ready to move on. From all of our frontcourt, actually (although I want to still believe in Bender).

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Don't forget about Alan Williams. I honestly think this team would look a lot better with Williams and Reed.

Untouchable:
Booker
Try to keep until they retire:
Ulis
Williams
Try to keep until they develop (and then decide what to do):
Jackson
Bender
Try to trade for good value (hopefully packaged with picks for a star):
Chriss
Warren
Chandler