Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Post by Superbone »

Ugh! I take it those are from a video game?
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

So sick of these stupid “Los” jerseys. It is so lame. Do we really need to have Latin night and have special jerseys? Jewish heritage night was the other day. These are all very clearly desperate targeted attempts at a money grab for a specific population. It is so pathetic. Sports should draw people from all backgrounds together. We don’t need an ugly ass jersey. What a waste of a jersey design. These corny ass Star Wars nights are stupid too. Pretty soon we’re gonna celebrate “gluten free “ night and “fibromyalgia” night. We’ll have a “second amendment” night and then turn around and have a. “Pro gun control” night just to make sure we grab all the moneys

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:So sick of these stupid “Los” jerseys. It is so lame. Do we really need to have Latin night and have special jerseys? Jewish heritage night was the other day. These are all very clearly desperate targeted attempts at a money grab for a specific population. It is so pathetic. Sports should draw people from all backgrounds together. We don’t need an ugly ass jersey. What a waste of a jersey design. These corny ass Star Wars nights are stupid too. Pretty soon we’re gonna celebrate “gluten free “ night and “fibromyalgia” night. We’ll have a “second amendment” night and then turn around and have a. “Pro gun control” night just to make sure we grab all the moneys
Heh. I can't wait for Arbor Day Night!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Higher res:

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 951742001/

Looks like they don't expect Reed back until March. When it first happened i guessed February, but seeing as how he is shooting before games already I thought maybe a bit sooner. I guess it'll still be a few months.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

OKC jerseys are slick

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 951742001/

Looks like they don't expect Reed back until March. When it first happened i guessed February, but seeing as how he is shooting before games already I thought maybe a bit sooner. I guess it'll still be a few months.
The article said Reed early January. Williams was in March.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:So sick of these stupid “Los” jerseys. It is so lame. Do we really need to have Latin night and have special jerseys? Jewish heritage night was the other day. These are all very clearly desperate targeted attempts at a money grab for a specific population. It is so pathetic. Sports should draw people from all backgrounds together. We don’t need an ugly ass jersey. What a waste of a jersey design. These corny ass Star Wars nights are stupid too. Pretty soon we’re gonna celebrate “gluten free “ night and “fibromyalgia” night. We’ll have a “second amendment” night and then turn around and have a. “Pro gun control” night just to make sure we grab all the moneys
Heh. I can't wait for Arbor Day Night!
How about Boxing Day?

I know being disappointed about uniforms is silly, but these Los Suns are absolutely the worst, pathetic, boring, and are an insulting pandering.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:

Thank you for the correction, Shabazz. I must have misread and this is in no way indicative of my age.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:I hope Fizdale is a top coaching candidate. My understanding is that he is a very good coach.
I think he got a good education as an assistant in Memphis. What the hell happened to him in Memphis? I thought that they were over acheiving. I certainly would take a look at him.

However I am not against Triano. He just needs better players. The guy that has to be on the hot seat is McDonough, doesn't he?

I am now in total agreement with Sauce. Our roster sucks.

I wanted Kyrie as bad as anyone but was sold down the river again on the upside of Jackson. In my book he is more dissappointing that Chriss and Bender. I thought both of those guys were long shots at best when we drafted them but I really thought Jackson would step right in and be really good. What a dumbass I am for believing anything this franchis does.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Welcome to the dark side JWB. If one of Chriss, Bender or Jackson does not significantly improve by season’s end to show promise as a potential high-end starter in this league, I think it’s time for McD to go. You can’t strike out on 3 top 10 picks. Sorry, but saying they are potential role players doesn’t cut it for me. Not drafting 4th overall.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Thank you for the correction, Shabazz. I must have misread and this is in no way indicative of my age.
Good news at least!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Superbone wrote:I hope Fizdale is a top coaching candidate. My understanding is that he is a very good coach.
I think he got a good education as an assistant in Memphis. What the hell happened to him in Memphis? I thought that they were over acheiving. I certainly would take a look at him.

However I am not against Triano. He just needs better players. The guy that has to be on the hot seat is McDonough, doesn't he?

I am now in total agreement with Sauce. Our roster sucks.

I wanted Kyrie as bad as anyone but was sold down the river again on the upside of Jackson. In my book he is more dissappointing that Chriss and Bender. I thought both of those guys were long shots at best when we drafted them but I really thought Jackson would step right in and be really good. What a dumbass I am for believing anything this franchis does.
Can you imagine being Jackson right now? He cancelled a workout with Boston because he was so convinced this was the best situation for him and his career.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Everybody who didn't want to trade Bledsoe + Jackson for Kyrie Irving: Way to go. Nice decision.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Everybody who didn't want to trade Bledsoe + Jackson for Kyrie Irving: Way to go. Nice decision.
:cry: :oops: :(
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Everybody who didn't want to trade Bledsoe + Jackson for Kyrie Irving: Way to go. Nice decision.
I would have hate this team with Kyrie just as much. At least this way, I can look forward to the draft.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

I love how many people have written off Jackson as if he was supposed to be a star right out the gate. He's obviously been disappointing, but the amount of posters on here who have seemingly written him off seems a bit much.

Also, the trade was Bledsoe, Jackson, and our 1st round pick. And some reports indicate Kyrie tried to maneuver himself away from a Phoenix trade. I'm not giving all that up for a player who had not proven himself to be anything other than an elite scorer who didn't even want to play for us.

We'd be a better team but we'd be back in the middle ground drafting 12-16, but we wouldn't even have our pick.

I like Kyrie, I thought we should try to get him, but I didn't think he was worth two top 5 picks. Jackson doesn't look great right now, but I still believe in his abilities. Let's give him time to adjust to the NBA. We haven't exactly set him up for success. His first coach starts him at the 4, gets fired 3 games later. Has to go through an in season training camp with a new coach. On top of that, he's on a pretty bad team with only 1 real offensive weapon. More offensive weapons will make things easier for him.

carey

Re: RE: Re: Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Post by carey »

Split T wrote: I love how many people have written off Jackson as if he was supposed to be a star right out the gate. He's obviously been disappointing, but the amount of posters on here who have seemingly written him off seems a bit much.
I think if Bender & Chriss weren't also crapola there would be a different response to Jackson's struggles. As unfair as that is.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote: I love how many people have written off Jackson as if he was supposed to be a star right out the gate. He's obviously been disappointing, but the amount of posters on here who have seemingly written him off seems a bit much.
I think if Bender & Chriss weren't also crapola there would be a different response to Jackson's struggles. As unfair as that is.
That should be on McDonough. Not the players.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
That's a good point. We really need an instant hit in this upcoming draft.