Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Suns News: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Post by TOO »

Why on earth do you try to keep Ulis and Williams until they retire? Because they are good guys? I love Sauce's energy as much as the next guy, but c'mon buddy. Ulis is a nice 3rd guard on a good team, back up on a bad one. The only person on this roster we must keep is Booker. He's the only guy on our whole roster that could start on a different team. SAD!
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Why would you want to get rid of ulis and Williams? Sure, you move them if you have to, but I think he's saying there is no reason to actively shop them.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:Why would you want to get rid of ulis and Williams? Sure, you move them if you have to, but I think he's saying there is no reason to actively shop them.
Why would I get rid of them? Because I'm tired of aggressive mediocrity.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/sbordow/status/941075931879301120

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:Why would you want to get rid of ulis and Williams? Sure, you move them if you have to, but I think he's saying there is no reason to actively shop them.
Exactly. They are great for the locker room and they are smart on the court. But their value around the NBA probably isn't high, so keep them. Let their personalities and intelligence define the Suns team for a decade. Then hire them as coaches. Obvs, if someone wants them bad enough to overpay, you absolutely trade them.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Hire them as coaches?

Cap

Post by Cap »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Why on earth do you try to keep Ulis and Williams until they retire? Because they are good guys? I love Sauce's energy as much as the next guy, but c'mon buddy. Ulis is a nice 3rd guard on a good team, back up on a bad one. The only person on this roster we must keep is Booker. He's the only guy on our whole roster that could start on a different team. SAD!
Booker's our only guy who could start for almost any team in the league. Chandler, Monroe and Warren could probably start for a lot of teams.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cap wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Why on earth do you try to keep Ulis and Williams until they retire? Because they are good guys? I love Sauce's energy as much as the next guy, but c'mon buddy. Ulis is a nice 3rd guard on a good team, back up on a bad one. The only person on this roster we must keep is Booker. He's the only guy on our whole roster that could start on a different team. SAD!
Booker's our only guy who could start for almost any team in the league. Chandler, Monroe and Warren could probably start for a lot of teams.
Chandler maybe, Monroe doesn't start for us, or for his old team, hes a dinosaur. Warren is another maybe, very dependant on the team make up, he doesn't 3D enough for most teams, he fits here because we have nobody else that can score. So sure, Chandler, Monroe, Warren can start for teams like us, bad ones. Meh.

TOO

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:Hire them as coaches?
Sure, let their mediocrity breed more mediocrity. Its the Phoenix Suns way.

This Booker injury is a real eye opener for me, the rest of the roster is full of marginal players, role players at best. Warren without Booker looks like just a guy, his efficiency has gone out the window.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Yep. Jesus our team blows. I mean really, really bad. Like we only have one good player

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

The Ringer posted a Sophomore Check-In written by Jonathan Tjarks, who I find to be one of the most perceptive writers out there when it comes to analyzing young talent. He dedicated a section to Bender. Tjarks comes to the conclusion that Bender needs to be playing the 5, which I completely agree with.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/1 ... don-ingram

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I hope Fizdale is a top coaching candidate. My understanding is that he is a very good coach.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

n4th4n wrote:The Ringer posted a Sophomore Check-In written by Jonathan Tjarks, who I find to be one of the most perceptive writers out there when it comes to analyzing young talent. He dedicated a section to Bender. Tjarks comes to the conclusion that Bender needs to be playing the 5, which I completely agree with.

I disagree with his fundamental assessment that Bender doesn't move well enough to play the 4. It's not his physical movement speed that holds him back.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
n4th4n wrote:The Ringer posted a Sophomore Check-In written by Jonathan Tjarks, who I find to be one of the most perceptive writers out there when it comes to analyzing young talent. He dedicated a section to Bender. Tjarks comes to the conclusion that Bender needs to be playing the 5, which I completely agree with.

I disagree with his fundamental assessment that Bender doesn't move well enough to play the 4. It's not his physical movement speed that holds him back.
Bender can clearly move well enough. He has shown even yesterday that he can stop drives to the basket on defense of even guards. I think the biggest obstacle of Bender playing the 5 is really Bender. I don't think he wants to play that position and will be resistant to it. His favorite player and the player he tries to emulate is Toni Kukoc, therefore playing the 5 is him giving in to his own vision of himself. Perhaps 5 is the best position ultimately, God knows the guys at center now are uninspiring except in flashes. The problem I would have to that move is how easily he will give up space and be bullied at that position if moved there. It's not like Amare, who actually gave opposing centers fits, because he was so quick.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Why would I get rid of them? Because I'm tired of aggressive mediocrity.
You think there's just players as good as ulis and Williams playing in the D league? Neither are game changers, they're backups, but they both look very solid. Especially Williams. He's better than our 3 headed C monster we currently play.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Have you guys seen the leaked images of the Suns 5th jersey? I don't have an image myself, but if they are true, oh boy...

Also, someone put up Billboards around Phoenix that have #SarverOut on them. Wow
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

Bender can clearly move well enough. He has shown even yesterday that he can stop drives to the basket on defense of even guards. I think the biggest obstacle of Bender playing the 5 is really Bender. I don't think he wants to play that position and will be resistant to it. His favorite player and the player he tries to emulate is Toni Kukoc, therefore playing the 5 is him giving in to his own vision of himself. Perhaps 5 is the best position ultimately, God knows the guys at center now are uninspiring except in flashes. The problem I would have to that move is how easily he will give up space and be bullied at that position if moved there. It's not like Amare, who actually gave opposing centers fits, because he was so quick.
Yeah, I'm not sure moving Bender to center helps our offense. For that to work, he would have to try to score. As is, defenders just sag way off him knowing he will pass when he gets the ball. Maybe moving him to 5 gives him the confidence to do more, and maybe not.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:Have you guys seen the leaked images of the Suns 5th jersey? I don't have an image myself, but if they are true, oh boy...
Good or bad?
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:Have you guys seen the leaked images of the Suns 5th jersey? I don't have an image myself, but if they are true, oh boy...
Good or bad?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wally_West wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Good or bad?
Idk, are cheap looking Rec League uniforms a good or bad look?