Around the League: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: Week 9 12/11-12/17

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:If you tried to sell a Suns’ jersey in Mexico or Argentina, no one would get “El Valle” in the front, but Los Suns is an instant hit.
I guess that's the point of making these jerseys anyway, but at least something like El Valle has a connection to something people actually call the general Phoenix area. I'm sure there aren't many people outside of Portland who know why they're called Rip City, and that doesn't stop them from making the jerseys.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:No wonder why that Rockets alternate jersey is on chinese. Maybe it says “The Houston Yaos"
:lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In other news, Michael Beasley had 30 points (!) tonight in Melo's return to the Garden. LOL.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Michael Beasley can score. He puts up numbers whenever Porzingis sits

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shane Young posted this. I think it sums up the state of the NBA pretty well. Look at the Warriors and Rockets way up in the top-right. Interesting to look at the position of the Celtics and Cavs, too; excellent on one end, less so on the other end.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

That chart is awesome. Got the o be frustrating for Raptors fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:That chart is awesome. Got the o be frustrating for Raptors fans.
Yeah; they are "quietly" having a really great season. They have given their team and system an almost complete makeover and it's worked beautifully. They also have their rookie OG who is playing quite well. But nobody is talking about them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I agree, the Raptors are low key good.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:I agree, the Raptors are low key good.
And yet the gap to the Rockets and Warriors is huge, plus the Celtics are significatly better on D while missing a very good player and the Spurs just got Kawhi back. Raps are both So Good and Not Good Enough.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I put the Raps and Wizards in the same group. Solid 50ish win teams with no shot at getting to the Finals, much less winning them. Hell, I think the Sixers could give those teams a scare in the playoff if they were to match up.