Game Day: Suns (9-19) @ Kings (8-18), Tues 12/12/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
1tinsoldier

Re: Game Day: Suns (9-19) @ Kings (8-18), Tues 12/12/17

Post by 1tinsoldier »

the only good thing i can say about this game
is that based on the crappy play i saw from both Fox (7 points, 0 assists) and Jackson (7 points, 4 turnovers)
i'd still take Jackson before Fox

the worst thing i can say
is that based on us not having any competent player we could go to in the 4th
when we do get Booker back
they're going to triple team him

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:Well, the Kings went on a big run and now the Suns are in the hole in the 4th. Not sure if the good guys win tonight.
The young Suns got a lesson tonight in how not to finish a basketball game.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No question in my mind that we win this game with Booker.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I know we have a lot of draft assets, but it's an impressive accomplishment by McDonough to have had the position for as long as he's had it and to have a roster with 1.5 players that we can depend on night in and night out.

We may have both the worst point guard AND power forward rotations in the league.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:Well, the Kings went on a big run and now the Suns are in the hole in the 4th. Not sure if the good guys win tonight.
Suns were up 85-80, then Kings went on a 19-7 run with about 7 minutes left to put the game away.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:I know we have a lot of draft assets, but it's an impressive accomplishment by McDonough to have had the position for as long as he's had it and to have a roster with 1.5 players that we can depend on night in and night out.

We may have both the worst point guard AND power forward rotations in the league.
Yeah, he's gotta go.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Very nice to see Bender back in the mix. If he rebounded like this every night, it would be very hard to take him off the court. I still believe he can be good, I just hope he has the toughness to be good consistently.

Speaking of consistency, Josh Jackson is a rookie. Since he's been starting, he has mostly been pretty good in the first 6 minutes of the game. Then he's pretty bad for the rest of the game. Last night, I think he started 2-2 with an assist. Then he played 25 more minutes and went 1-12 with only one more assist. He isn't yet adjusting to the other team's first adjustment.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Shabazz wrote:I know we have a lot of draft assets, but it's an impressive accomplishment by McDonough to have had the position for as long as he's had it and to have a roster with 1.5 players that we can depend on night in and night out.

Truly is amazing isn't it?

I only watched the first half. Looks like they picked up the intensity. But also the sloppiness. Plenty of turnovers to go around. At least Bender remembered that he's allowed to shoot.

Heard them say Len leads the league in rebounds off the bench. More minutes please. No reason for Chandler to be playing more than him.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

LazarusLong wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Suns were up 85-80, then Kings went on a 19-7 run with about 7 minutes left to put the game away.
I dropped to sleep as usual and just finished and this was my biggest takeway. To expand on what Laz said, we didn't score again til 1:40 left and the Kings were on a 13-0 run by then and leading 93-85. I'm still undecided if it was more a learning experience for the young team or if Triano got his subs wrong. I think Chriss should have been in for Chandler as he actually did a good job on Z-Bo for 3 quarters, plus not sure closing with both Ulis and Mike James was ideal
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:

Yeah, he's gotta go.
I'm not even advocating firing him. It does highlight the lack of return on the Bledsoe trade, considering he was a valuable asset, several teams were in need of his talents and we couldn't come out of the deal with a single piece to immediately add to our young core.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bledsoe basically instantly became the 2nd best player on the Bucks. And they gave up noooooothing to get him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We shouldn't have taken their calls until they included Brogdon.

Split T

Post by Split T »

We'd still have Bledsoe on the team in that case. And Middleton is better than Bledsoe.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:We'd still have Bledsoe on the team in that case. And Middleton is better than Bledsoe.
And Jabari, when he plays.

And let's not forget the player affected his value by 1.- giving no shit the three games he played and 2.- plublicly demanding a trade.

Still, he should have been traded last deadline or this past draft.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yep, held onto him too long. I can understand keeping him if he expresses a desire to stay, but he's wanted out for awhile. You can't hold onto unhappy vets when you're rebuilding. You move them quick before they tank their value by going public.