Game Day: Suns (9 - 21) @ Timberwolves (17 - 12), Sat 12/16/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Game Day: Suns (9 - 21) @ Timberwolves (17 - 12), Sat 12/16/17

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote:Thank you free NBA league pass!
It’s nice not only when the Suns win, but I actually get to watch.
Len will be making some cash after the season. I was in the mindset that we would be drafting our next big(Ayton, Bamba, etc), but provided Len doesn’t want a fortune I say sign him and use our premium pick on BPA
We’re the Suns. We totally groomed him and slowly watched him blossom into the big guy we need just in time to see him go bye bye to a rival and we lobby to change the name of the team to the New Clippers. :)

My dvr didn’t record the game for some reason. Figures. “If it wern’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.”
You're not kidding. One of the best games of the year. Not to rub it in, but I'm going to watch the game again today, this time watching the Timberwolves broadcast which I also recorded. If we lived in the same area, I would invite you over. :)
Thanks Superbone!

I went to YouTube to see what they had and the best was just a few highlights from the fourth quarter. Those neon Timberwolves outfits were loud. It probably helped the Suns since your closest defenders stand out like neon signs. Maybe the Suns can come out with camo clothes that blend in.
Nodack , don't feel too badd cause 'Bone is "that dude" when it comes to DVR :) and we all not that lucky with the hook up 8-)
this is where I watch over the games http://www.nbare.com/phoenix-suns-vs-mi ... n-2017-18/
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hey now, don't be hatin' BG. I'd invite you over too.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Awesome, thank you! I’m pretty handy around electronic stuff. It it supposed to record the whole season in on any channel and has been working pretty good. The game was on FSAZ which is normal. I even have it set for the alt FSAZ channel too. Just a freak thing I guess.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:Len held his own with KAT last night. That was impressive. The game saving block was great too.
That was a great block.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:Canaan passes the ball. He will be better for the development of the other young players.

The big difference between the first and second units last night was passing (and shooting).
Starters with 0 3PM again. That's 1 3PM in the last 3 games for our starters.

What I saw at the end of the game was the Wolves having to respect our shooters. We had more space to work in than we usually do, and to me, this is our potential if we can get 3 shooters on the court.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote: Len will be making some cash after the season. I was in the mindset that we would be drafting our next big(Ayton, Bamba, etc), but provided Len doesn’t want a fortune I say sign him and use our premium pick on BPA
We’re the Suns. We totally groomed him and slowly watched him blossom into the big guy we need just in time to see him go bye bye to a rival and we lobby to change the name of the team to the New Clippers. :)
so, what's the Len deal? can we match or beat any other team's offer but the thinking is it will be more than we want to pay?
We have his bird rights, so we can go over the salary cap to sign him, but he's unrestricted. If he signs elsewhere, we can't match. I think he's gone.
And I think he's is unhappy with the way he has been handled here. I'm sure he will see other teams as better opportunities.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Good for both parties if that's the case. I honestly don't want to gamble a non rookie contract on Len's consistency or development. For the rookie scale it's ok, but there will always be another draft and some big to get at any given range that offers pretty much the same.

Terrific game in any case.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OK, BG. I'm not usually superstitious but you've got a one game winning streak. You're on the clock for today's game day thread.
"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote: Len will be making some cash after the season. I was in the mindset that we would be drafting our next big(Ayton, Bamba, etc), but provided Len doesn’t want a fortune I say sign him and use our premium pick on BPA
so, what's the Len deal? can we match or beat any other team's offer but the thinking is it will be more than we want to pay?
We have his bird rights, so we can go over the salary cap to sign him, but he's unrestricted. If he signs elsewhere, we can't match. I think he's gone.
And I think he's is unhappy with the way he has been handled here. I'm sure he will see other teams as better opportunities.
that's probably true -- deja vu -- bledsoe, dragic (amare, joe johnson, etc.)
how bout a little circumvention for once?
show him the money and promise to play him like our full-time starting center
i know he's only been living up to expectations lately but i don't think we're going to do better at the center position
i'd hold on to Monroe too, call the position done, and focus on landing a point guard next year

getting a real coach next year could also be the last step in taking Len to the next level
i don't want the regret of seeing him thrive on another team

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:OK, BG. I'm not usually superstitious but you've got a one game winning streak. You're on the clock for today's game day thread.
I went to joke about this when I popped in early this morning, no worries I'm on it :lol:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I was worried we signed the new guy just to throw him to the Wolves. Glad he didn't turn into Canaan fodder.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I was worried we signed the new guy just to throw him to the Wolves. Glad he didn't turn into Canaan fodder.
8/10

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I was worried we signed the new guy just to throw him to the Wolves. Glad he didn't turn into Canaan fodder.
8/10
Nice!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I keep wondering what’s the deal with the Direct TV commercial they play during the Suns games. It plays with no sound and then repeats itself again with sound. I thought at first it was just a mistake but, after a dozen games of it I keep wondering why they haven’t fixed it. Is it some clever marketing trick? Surely they have noticed the mistake by now.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nodack wrote:Awesome, thank you! I’m pretty handy around electronic stuff. It it supposed to record the whole season in on any channel and has been working pretty good. The game was on FSAZ which is normal. I even have it set for the alt FSAZ channel too. Just a freak thing I guess.
yea kool 8-)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I went and checked that the game was set to record tonight before the game and it said it was set to record. The game started and and it didn't record so I manually recorded the game. At least I got it. Thank you Direct TV.