Game Day: Suns (9 - 21) @ Timberwolves (17 - 12), Sat 12/16/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Game Day: Suns (9 - 21) @ Timberwolves (17 - 12), Sat 12/16/17

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/942245614250856448

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I kind of like what I've seen out of Danuel House.

And Bender has been much better the last 3 games. Attacking more on offense. Still gets pushed around on the glass, though.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bender was great, I'd rather watch Canaan than James. Solid win.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That was a fun game to watch. In spite of the massive early turnovers, the Suns kept hanging around. Lots of contributions especially from the bench. Great debut by Canaan and he calmly sank all three free throws near the end of the game. Great win.
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

carey wrote:So we cut DJJ to convert James' contract to a guaranteed deal and then we gave him a DNP.

Do I have that right?
The Suns beat a supposedly better team in an away game.

Canaan was playing well, so James sits this game. I have no problem with that.
With Canaan, there's now more depth at guard, which Phoenix was lacking.

Suns got DJJ back, he's playing in the developmental league. It's not like that asset was lost.

Enjoy the win, old sport ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

LazarusLong wrote:
carey wrote:So we cut DJJ to convert James' contract to a guaranteed deal and then we gave him a DNP.

Do I have that right?
The Suns beat a supposedly better team in an away game.

Canaan was playing well, so James sits this game. I have no problem with that.
With Canaan, there's now more depth at guard, which Phoenix was lacking.

Suns got DJJ back, he's playing in the developmental league. It's not like that asset was lost.

Enjoy the win, old sport ...
I'm just saying it's a headscratching series of moves. So strange that even Booker thought James played last night.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:So strange that even Booker thought James played last night.
???
"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Canaan passes the ball. He will be better for the development of the other young players.

The big difference between the first and second units last night was passing (and shooting).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Len held his own with KAT last night. That was impressive. The game saving block was great too.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
???
You didn't see his instagram video? He's all "My man Mike James got a double-double!" and James looks at him like he has lost his mind.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
???
You didn't see his instagram video? He's all "My man Mike James got a double-double!" and James looks at him like he has lost his mind.
Unless it was posted here, I did not.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Bucktastic365 wrote:Thank you free NBA league pass!
It’s nice not only when the Suns win, but I actually get to watch.
Len will be making some cash after the season. I was in the mindset that we would be drafting our next big(Ayton, Bamba, etc), but provided Len doesn’t want a fortune I say sign him and use our premium pick on BPA
We’re the Suns. We totally groomed him and slowly watched him blossom into the big guy we need just in time to see him go bye bye to a rival and we lobby to change the name of the team to the New Clippers. :)

My dvr didn’t record the game for some reason. Figures. “If it wern’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
???
Maybe they had In n out before the game?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

carey wrote:This is Bender's best game shooting wise. 6-10 from the field. 5-8 from 3. 17 points. Only 2 rebs though.
Sounds like he spent a lot of time standing at the 3pt line. Probably don’t get as many rebs there. On O at least.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
???
Maybe they had In n out before the game?
Ha ha. That must be it.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Len will be making some cash after the season. I was in the mindset that we would be drafting our next big(Ayton, Bamba, etc), but provided Len doesn’t want a fortune I say sign him and use our premium pick on BPA
We’re the Suns. We totally groomed him and slowly watched him blossom into the big guy we need just in time to see him go bye bye to a rival and we lobby to change the name of the team to the New Clippers. :)

My dvr didn’t record the game for some reason. Figures. “If it wern’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.”
You're not kidding. One of the best games of the year. Not to rub it in, but I'm going to watch the game again today, this time watching the Timberwolves broadcast which I also recorded. If we lived in the same area, I would invite you over. :)
"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Nodack wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote: Len will be making some cash after the season. I was in the mindset that we would be drafting our next big(Ayton, Bamba, etc), but provided Len doesn’t want a fortune I say sign him and use our premium pick on BPA
so, what's the Len deal? can we match or beat any other team's offer but the thinking is it will be more than we want to pay?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

1tinsoldier wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Bucktastic365 wrote: Len will be making some cash after the season. I was in the mindset that we would be drafting our next big(Ayton, Bamba, etc), but provided Len doesn’t want a fortune I say sign him and use our premium pick on BPA
so, what's the Len deal? can we match or beat any other team's offer but the thinking is it will be more than we want to pay?

I’m not sure. The think we have to match any other offer or he’s gone after this season. Then again playng devils advocate, how many players play best in their final year of a contract? I was just playing the pessimist Suns fan role.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:

You're not kidding. One of the best games of the year. Not to rub it in, but I'm going to watch the game again today, this time watching the Timberwolves broadcast which I also recorded. If we lived in the same area, I would invite you over. :)
Thanks Superbone!

I went to YouTube to see what they had and the best was just a few highlights from the fourth quarter. Those neon Timberwolves outfits were loud. It probably helped the Suns since your closest defenders stand out like neon signs. Maybe the Suns can come out with camo clothes that blend in.

Split T

Post by Split T »

1tinsoldier wrote:
Nodack wrote:
We have his bird rights, so we can go over the salary cap to sign him, but he's unrestricted. If he signs elsewhere, we can't match. I think he's gone.