Game Day: Suns (13-23) @ Kings (12-22), Fri 12/29/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Game Day: Suns (13-23) @ Kings (12-22), Fri 12/29/17

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote: McD described it as essentially our top 3 for their top 3. We wouldn't have traded Booker, but Jackson, KCP, Drummond for Bledsoe, Warren, Chandler might have been the trade.
Last deadline this would have looked terrible for us, but now it's a steal although I dread the thought of Jackson and Knight together on a roster (let alone on the court).
Jackson's contract is a deal-breaker for me. I'm not a fan at all.
Oh, I hear you, but this would have meant no Chandler's contract either so it's basically a one year difference. Still sucks anyway, but Jackson has had a market until this recent ankle injury (Pelicans, it was said).

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

JCSunsfan wrote:Went back home to Mama's cooking? Barkley would manage to get incredibly out of shape over the summer too. There was one training camp where he was so out of shape he collapsed. BTW, somewhat similar body shape. I wonder if some player just don't have the same metabolism others do, and as soon as they stop playing the regular season, they just balloon.
Genetics play its part but to gain as much bad weight as Chriss did, you need to eat and drink like crap. And supposedly if you are in a bulk, you not only eat, but also workout like a madman, which is what enables you to eat a ton. He looked like he only ate but didn't lift.

Anyway, the good thing is that as a 20 year old, he can recover fast. And credit where is due, he is doing it and it probably is a big reason for his better play lately.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Went back home to Mama's cooking? Barkley would manage to get incredibly out of shape over the summer too. There was one training camp where he was so out of shape he collapsed. BTW, somewhat similar body shape. I wonder if some player just don't have the same metabolism others do, and as soon as they stop playing the regular season, they just balloon.
Genetics play its part but to gain as much bad weight as Chriss did, you need to eat and drink like crap. And supposedly if you are in a bulk, you not only eat, but also workout like a madman, which is what enables you to eat a ton. He looked like he only ate but didn't lift.

Anyway, the good thing is that as a 20 year old, he can recover fast. And credit where is due, he is doing it and it probably is a big reason for his better play lately.
And hopefully, next summer he acts acordingly to a learned lesson, and keep it up.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If he gains the weight back, I propose the following nickname for him:

"Chrisspy Creme."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:If he gains the weight back, I propose the following nickname for him:

"Chrisspy Creme."
I.love.it.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's actually perfect. Where was that this summer?!?!?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A joke that good is worth the weight!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Little too long for me, trim the fat