Suns News: Week 12 1/1-1/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 12 1/1-1/7

Post by In2ition »

As a Suns fan, I would do it too. Would love to see Ball, Booker and Jackson together.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/950124978208321536

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:As a Suns fan, I would do it too. Would love to see Ball, Booker and Jackson together.
And if we still have our pick and the Miami pick in the upcoming draft, and we get a little lucky in the lottery and don't screw up the picks... this team's young core could get very exciting, very fast.
carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/950124978208321536

Who's Isian? Did we get another brother?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Has anyone ever seen Archie and Jackson in the same place..?

Too soon?
How about never?
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote: Randle is a bad contract waiting to happen.
It's interesting you say that. I've been contemplating the last few weeks whether he is a worthwhile free agent target. There are some aspects of his game that appeal to me.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Randle feels like one of those guys who will slip under the radar but sign as an FA with some random team like Milwaukee or Memphis and then turn out to be actually really good.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Randle has a place in this league but I'm not sure he's a great fit here. He's not bad, I'd just want more shooting

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:These don't quite count as QOTDs, but:

- Without looking, who is the Suns' third-highest scorer in terms of PPG?

- Without looking, who leads our team in assists?

(This team is really bad.)
Reaching back a whole week here, but these questions are kind of interesting in terms of season totals. The top 5 total scorers and passers surprised me a bit.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Here's another one: Which Suns player do you think has played the most total minutes this season? Not minutes per game necessarily, but total minutes.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Wow. I just realized we are 42 games in and have passed the halfway point in the season.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Here's another one: Which Suns player do you think has played the most total minutes this season? Not minutes per game necessarily, but total minutes.
I'd say Warren

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Since we have a correct answer -

1 - Warren, 2 - Booker, 3 - Ulis, 4 - Bender, 5 - Jackson, 6 - Chriss, 7 - Chandler, 8 - Len, 9 - Daniels

I was surprised Ulis and Bender were so high on the list.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

We seem to be playing the right guys. The top 6 minute getters are the 6 I'd want getting the most minutes.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

INFORMER wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote: Randle is a bad contract waiting to happen.
It's interesting you say that. I've been contemplating the last few weeks whether he is a worthwhile free agent target. There are some aspects of his game that appeal to me.
He's got skills but is also prone to mental lapses, has low motor and can't shoot from range, although he supposedly has improved his terrible defense (and is playing more at C).

I wouldn't be confortable spending say Dieng money on him and that's before even factoring in our current prospects at PF/C (they wouldn't deter me from acquiring the right guy but don't feel Randle is it).

While we are at it, one FA that has really crossed my mind lately has been Avery Bradley. He is going to be expensive as hell but there are not many guards out there with his ability to fit alongside Booker.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:

Reaching back a whole week here, but these questions are kind of interesting in terms of season totals. The top 5 total scorers and passers surprised me a bit.
I never saw the definitive answer or looked it up. Care to share?
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

PPG
Booker - Warren - Bledsoe - Monroe - James - Canaan - Jackson - Len - Daniels - Ulis - Chriss - Chandler - Bender

APG
Canaan - Booker - Ulis - James - Bledsoe - (Big drop) - Monroe - Dudley - Huge drop off

Total Points
Booker - Warren - (Big drop) - Jackson - Daniels - James - Len - Ulis - Chriss - Bender - Chandler

Total Assists
Ulis - Booker - James - Huge drop. Like, James will probs finish the season in the top 5 in total assists, and very possibly could still be #3.

For all the we knock Jackson, he is already putting up the points. Now we need him to turn some bad shot attempts into assists.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:We seem to be playing the right guys. The top 6 minute getters are the 6 I'd want getting the most minutes.
I wish Len were higher. But maybe we have already made up our mind on that one. I think we'll regret letting him go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ring_Wanted wrote:While we are at it, one FA that has really crossed my mind lately has been Avery Bradley. He is going to be expensive as hell but there are not many guards out there with his ability to fit alongside Booker.
Avery Bradley is terrific. I'd love to have him here. I think his arrival is related to Detroit being better this year, for sure. And I think we could probably run him at guard alongside Booker, though I still wish that starting guard rotation had more ball movement / assists in it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

PPG
Booker - Warren - Bledsoe - Monroe - James - Canaan - Jackson - Len - Daniels - Ulis - Chriss - Chandler - Bender

APG
Canaan - Booker - Ulis - James - Bledsoe - (Big drop) - Monroe - Dudley - Huge drop off

Total Points
Booker - Warren - (Big drop) - Jackson - Daniels - James - Len - Ulis - Chriss - Bender - Chandler

Total Assists
Ulis - Booker - James - Huge drop. Like, James will probs finish the season in the top 5 in total assists, and very possibly could still be #3.

For all the we knock Jackson, he is already putting up the points. Now we need him to turn some bad shot attempts into assists.
Thanks OG!
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:While we are at it, one FA that has really crossed my mind lately has been Avery Bradley. He is going to be expensive as hell but there are not many guards out there with his ability to fit alongside Booker.
Avery Bradley is terrific. I'd love to have him here. I think his arrival is related to Detroit being better this year, for sure. And I think we could probably run him at guard alongside Booker, though I still wish that starting guard rotation had more ball movement / assists in it.
Booker/Bradley would still have the ball movement/assist problem. Neither is a PG
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.