Around the League: Week 12 1/1-1/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: Around the League: Week 12 1/1-1/7

Post by JCSunsfan »

no way interested in LOnzo. Dont need the distractions. Can you imagine Lavar and McD?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Maybe $aver would sell the team to Lavar Ball.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

We just got rid off Klutch Sports, really weary to stablish so soon a relationship with another partner unwilling to compromiso for the greater good

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

At the draft I had Lonzo at #1. On talent alone he may still be #2 behind Tatum, but the noise around him is way louder than I could have imagined. Don't want.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Speaking of the Ball family, their brand is experiencing some difficulties:

The Better Business Bureau has given the Big Baller Brand the lowest rating possible: an F.

On its website, the organization says Big Baller Brand's ratings are based on 32 complaints filed against the business, a failure to respond to 12 of those complaints and five complaints that still haven't been resolved.

Most of the complaints are from people who said they bought an item from the Big Baller website in November and December, and that they were charged for their orders even though that item or items have failed to show up.

-- via ESPN
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

Yeah, LeBatard show went off on them yesterday. One of the complaints said that when they contacted Big Baller Brand he was called a "Small Baller" lol.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Ball family is going to find that attention from ESPN is a 2 edged sword.

And, I notice that ESPN is really the only outlet 'reporting' about Lavar and the Ball family. Nobody else cares.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

O_Gardino wrote:
And, I notice that ESPN is really the only outlet 'reporting' about Lavar and the Ball family. Nobody else cares.
i see Lavar headlines all the time on Yahoo news. the absurdity. imagine if the media interviewed and posted comments from all of the player's families.

imagining a trade for Lonzo is another absurdity
the Lakers will have the perfect role for him to play as the facilitator for a couple of scoring superstars soon, whereas his shooting problems won't matter much

i want no part of him or his family here
he's got a great basketball iq
but his general iq is highly suspect
he tends to get a pass on that because his father is so outrageous in comparison
but his silence on many matters speaks volumes
the $500 shoes, the Walton dis, etc..
he rewarded his father's overbearing stupidity by buying him a Rolls Royce for xmas

Cap

Post by Cap »

1tinsoldier wrote: but his silence on many matters speaks volumes
No it doesn't. Any "Dad, knock it off" comments belong behind closed doors. I'm not going to blame Lonzo for not publicly berating his father.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

speaking of players i don't trust
what's up with that nasty Isaiah Thomas foul?
he's another quiet one with a dark side

Cap

Post by Cap »

1tinsoldier wrote:speaking of players i don't trust
what's up with that nasty Isaiah Thomas foul?
he's another quiet one with a dark side
Strange play. I don't know if he was trying to hit Wiggins in the neck the way he did, but I can't tell what he was trying to do. Maybe he was just so pissed off about being down 30 that he decided to assault somebody. I can't tell.

Definitely the right call based on the replay, but I find myself left wondering what was going through IT's mind.

ETA: He says he was going for a steal. http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... _goin.html

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Cap wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote: but his silence on many matters speaks volumes
No it doesn't. Any "Dad, knock it off" comments belong behind closed doors. I'm not going to blame Lonzo for not publicly berating his father.
you're going the extra yard to NOT blame him by injecting "berating" into the scenario

he simply needs to speak up for himself like a man and air his opinions even if they don't align with his father's
his father speaks for himself, and should respect him for doing likewise

damn, the shoes are LONZO Ball shoes, not Lavar
IF THE $500 SHOE FITS WEAR IT!

i'd tell my dad, if you can't keep your career damaging comments "behind closed doors" neither will i
besides, if Lavar is insulted by something Lonzo says, Lonzo can always buy him another half a million dollar car to keep him happy

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i think IT is a small player with a big talent who has always played with a "chip on his shoulder"
down by 30 was a chip knocker in one of his first appearances for the top ranked Celtics

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

1tinsoldier wrote:i think IT is a small player with a big talent who has always played with a "chip on his shoulder"
down by 30 was a chip knocker in one of his first appearances for the top ranked Celtics
Not sure what motivated the initial foul, but IT was saying "I'm sorry man." as he walked toward Wiggins laying on the floor. Then just before he exited, he looked over to Wiggins and gave him a thumbs up and say, "My bad." In the middle of the game, you aren't thinking sometimes. It might be that he thought Wiggins was going to extend the ball in front of him and he wanted to knock it out by swiping up at it. Or maybe he was just frustrated and took a swipe at him. Either way, I am glad to see it did not escalate into anything more.

BTW. IT has some massively long fingernails. That is scary in basketball. Xavier McDaniel used to keep his fingernails long as a defensive tactic. Yikes.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:i think IT is a small player with a big talent who has always played with a "chip on his shoulder"
Not sure what motivated the initial foul, but IT was saying "I'm sorry man." as he walked toward Wiggins laying on the floor. Then just before he exited, he looked over to Wiggins and gave him a thumbs up and say, "My bad." In the middle of the game, you aren't thinking sometimes. It might be that he thought Wiggins was going to extend the ball in front of him and he wanted to knock it out by swiping up at it. Or maybe he was just frustrated and took a swipe at him. Either way, I am glad to see it did not escalate into anything more.

BTW. IT has some massively long fingernails. That is scary in basketball. Xavier McDaniel used to keep his fingernails long as a defensive tactic. Yikes.
When my kids used to play, they'd line them up before the game and check their fingernails. Maybe they need to start doing that in the NBA.
"Be Legendary."