2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm a bit turned upside down by the various threads. Which pick are you talking about? Whose, and what year?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The Miami pick. INF jumped to a conclusion that if McD trades the pick it would be because he’s stupid.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Anthony Davis?! Come on Sauce...
Admit it!
:lol:
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote: If Lebron left and they traded the pick + Chriss and Chandler to the Cavs for Love, would you still hate it?
That's a lot more realistic than your Anthony Davis trade. And no, I wouldn't hate it.

Just note that the last two trades where Ryan dealt first rounders resulted in Brandon Knight and Marquese Chriss.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Cap

Post by Cap »

INFORMER wrote:
specialsauce wrote: If Lebron left and they traded the pick + Chriss and Chandler to the Cavs for Love, would you still hate it?
That's a lot more realistic than your Anthony Davis trade. And no, I wouldn't hate it.

Just note that the last two trades where Ryan dealt first rounders resulted in Brandon Knight and Marquese Chriss.
It's not just Ryan. As a matter of franchise history, trades in which we send out first rounders tend to be regrettable.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:

Id rather not note that and prefer to immediately forget it :o

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

specialsauce wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.'

- George Santayana
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Admit it!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Admit it!
:lol: you can’t handle the truth!

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Admit it!
:lol: you can’t handle the truth!
[youtube][/youtube]

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

"In the savviest of moves, the Magic and Knicks respectively traded Elfrid Payton and Willy Hernangomez to the Suns and Hornets, making moves that brought back future assets, weakened their rosters and possibly improved their fellow tanking competitors. https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-tanking-gu ... ml?src=rss"

i like Payton's game. Magic's game might have been better.
If you believe they went to this length as a strategy, given the huge luck factor in the draw.
still, if it were me, i would have kept my eye on the prize and not have picked up Payton at this time,
especially since the prize i'm looking at is Trae Young (even though he might still be available at 3 or 4)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

You had me until Trae Young

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

There's going to be some unhappy people on this board come draft time. Some extremely high on Young and many quite low on him.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If we come away with anyone other than Doncic or Ayton, I’ll consider it another failure to add to a long list for an organization that can’t quite figure out what the fuck they want to do and what sort of vision they have for the team.

Cap

Post by Cap »

specialsauce wrote:If we come away with anyone other than Doncic or Ayton, I’ll consider it another failure to add to a long list for an organization that can’t quite figure out what the f*** they want to do and what sort of vision they have for the team.
You measure the organization's "vision" by how the ping pong balls bounce?

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:There's going to be some unhappy people on this board come draft time. Some extremely high on Young and many quite low on him.
I still don't know enough about him other than he's an exceptional volume scorer. There have been precious few players that put up the kind of big games he has put up against D1 competition that have not done at least moderately well in the NBA. We'll see.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

specialsauce wrote:If we come away with anyone other than Doncic or Ayton, I’ll consider it another failure to add to a long list for an organization that can’t quite figure out what the f*** they want to do and what sort of vision they have for the team.
I assume you mean this IF they are available when the Suns pick.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:
I assume you mean this IF they are available when the Suns pick.
I assume he expects them to be the first two picks, like everyone else does, so he’s saying if we don’t come away from the lottery with one of the top two picks he'll consider it another failure to add to a long list for an organization that can’t quite figure out what the f*** they want to do and what sort of vision they have for the team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

That is correct lol. If we can’t stay out of our own way and they win too many games and end up with the fourth pick, I’ll be really disappointed. They need to commit to a plan and quit pulling in two different directions. Now if we have the worst record and by bad luck we fall to third, then that’s not their fault obviously

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

With more reported disconnect between the Spurs and Kawhi would you offer our first round pick + Warren + Chriss for Kawhi?