2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by iLLmatic »

Split T wrote:I'm still not upset we don't have Bogdon. Chriss doesn't look like he's gonna pan out right now, but I think the risk at the time was worth it. I still wouldn't want to pay Bogdon the 9 or 10 million a year he's getting. Put it another way, if we used our cap space this summer to sign Bogdon to his current deal, would you be happy? I'd be pretty underwhelmed.
I'd be happy to have him over Chandler, Dudley, or Knight. A fool would say otherwise.

Cap

Post by Cap »

iLLmatic wrote:
Split T wrote:I'm still not upset we don't have Bogdon. Chriss doesn't look like he's gonna pan out right now, but I think the risk at the time was worth it. I still wouldn't want to pay Bogdon the 9 or 10 million a year he's getting. Put it another way, if we used our cap space this summer to sign Bogdon to his current deal, would you be happy? I'd be pretty underwhelmed.
I'd be happy to have him over Chandler, Dudley, or Knight. A fool would say otherwise.
Yeah, but that’s not the choice we had. If we could have included one of those bad contracts in the deal instead of Bogdan, we would have. But nobody wants those contracts.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
Yeah, but that’s not the choice we had. If we could have included one of those bad contracts in the deal instead of Bogdan, we would have. But nobody wants those contracts.
Exactly. I just don't get the Bogdon love. He's a fine player, he might turn into something decent, but he's overpaid right now and plays the same position as our best player.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I feel bad for the bulls, they seem to be the least competent tankers and have moved ahead of New York. Look like they're gonna be picking 9th.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Cap wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
Exactly. I just don't get the Bogdon love. He's a fine player, he might turn into something decent, but he's overpaid right now and plays the same position as our best player.
We suck, so it's kind of annoying to see a player we traded play for another team and not suck. But we wouldn’t be any better off with him on our roster.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still will never understand why we traded Bogdon plus other assets for a rookie project PF when we had just literally taken a rookie project PF four picks prior. Who thought that was going to work out? Seriously, what was the thinking there?

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I still will never understand why we traded Bogdon plus other assets for a rookie project PF when we had just literally taken a rookie project PF four picks prior. Who thought that was going to work out? Seriously, what was the thinking there?
Buying a second lottery ticket by trading away 3 others.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I still will never understand why we traded Bogdon plus other assets for a rookie project PF when we had just literally taken a rookie project PF four picks prior. Who thought that was going to work out? Seriously, what was the thinking there?
Maybe a problem caused by an alleged bicephally. Probably one faction wanted Bender and another one wanted Chriss. It's been rumored Watson was pro Chriss but we've never had any proof other than his obvious bias towards Chriss.

Anyway, we should have kept Bogds, and for some time, I felt alone on this one. Some people acted like he was nothing, but he was a very prominent young player in Europe. I get his contract is giving people pause but the money is not crazy at all by new standards and we had nothing to lose at the time, since we were in the middle of our own rebuilding. Today we'd already have on the team a poor man's version of what Doncic could become if his projections hold.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Maybe a problem caused by an alleged bicephally. Probably one faction wanted Bender and another one wanted Chriss. It's been rumored Watson was pro Chriss but we've never had any proof other than his obvious bias towards Chriss.

Anyway, we should have kept Bogds, and for some time, I felt alone on this one. Some people acted like he was nothing, but he was a very prominent young player in Europe. I get his contract is giving people pause but the money is not crazy at all by new standards and we had nothing to lose at the time, since we were in the middle of our own rebuilding. Today we'd already have on the team a poor man's version of what Doncic could become if his projections hold.
The one time the Suns FO *doesn't* keep some player's brother is the time he turns out to be decent.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't think bojan and Bogdon are brothers

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Split T wrote:I don't think bojan and Bogdon are brothers
They aren't. Not even from the same country.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:

There is no question in hindsight that we would have been better off only taking Bender and keeping Bogdan. Yet another McD mistake. On the other hand, it was applauded as a good gamble at the time. Boy would Bogdan be a nice luxury coming in off the bench for Booker.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kings beat the warriors tonight. Which is nice, but warriors are vulnerable right now and we've got a couple games coming up against them, including tomorrow. Normally it'd be a great tanking matchup where we can play hard and not worry about winning. Unfortunately, Curry, Klay, and Durant are all out. Hopefully Booker is out too.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:There is no question in hindsight that we would have been better off only taking Bender and keeping Bogdan. Yet another McD mistake. On the other hand, it was applauded as a good gamble at the time. Boy would Bogdan be a nice luxury coming in off the bench for Booker.
Mmmh can't remembre anyone on here in favor of the move, but this might be just bias since I didn't like the trade...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I didn't hate the trade for the #8 pick. But I wanted us to use it to draft Sabonis. When we picked Chriss, I wasn't as happy.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I didn't hate the trade for the #8 pick. But I wanted us to use it to draft Sabonis. When we picked Chriss, I wasn't as happy.
I wanted Sabonis.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Memphis down just 2 to New Jersey late in the third.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Good news if we want Milwaukee's pick - Indiana and Philadelphia won tonight and Milwaukee is losing in the closing seconds to Cleveland.

Memphis and Brooklyn are playing a close one in Brooklyn with the Nets leading by 1 with 6:09 remaining.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Teams in the running for the worst record -

Suns - 19-52
Grizzlies - 19-51
Hawks - 20-50
Magic - 21-49
Mavericks - 22-48

I think Dallas is probably out of it because I doubt both the Grizzlies and Suns win 3 games this season.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

The Bobster wrote:Good news if we want Milwaukee's pick - Indiana and Philadelphia won tonight and Milwaukee is losing in the closing seconds to Cleveland.

Memphis and Brooklyn are playing a close one in Brooklyn with the Nets leading by 1 with 6:09 remaining.
But after this, Milwaukee’s pick land at 18th, so they keep it, right?