2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:I still don't understand how we couldn't get Brogdon back for Bledsoe. That should've been a no-brainer.
It's fairly simple, Milwaukee wouldn't do it.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I would make another run at him this summer.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
ShelC wrote:I still don't understand how we couldn't get Brogdon back for Bledsoe. That should've been a no-brainer.
It's fairly simple, Milwaukee wouldn't do it.
Yep. They didn’t have to. Nobody wanted Eric.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I thought Brogdon was a gimme. The fact that we somehow didn't get him in the deal really makes me question what McDo was up to in that negotiation.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Burns and Gambo having a discussion right now. If Kawhi Leonard were to agree to sign a long term deal with the Suns, would you trade the #1 overall pick for him if you’re the Suns?

The more I think about it, if his health checks out, I would.

If I did that though, I’d then try to trade Josh Jackson for a stud PG or PF.

Unless you play Kawhi at the 2 and Booker at PG.

Booker Kawhi Jackson PF? C?

Could we have any cap space left to sign Deandre?

Booker Kawhi Jackson PF Deandre? We’d need a stretch 4 if that’s the case. One with more of an offensive game than Dragan, although he may grow into the role.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Not sure I would. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't love Kawhi. I'd rather move forward with Booker, Jackson and the #1 pick.

Split T

Post by Split T »

If he checks out health wise and wants to stay, then ya I'd trade the #1 overall pick for him. Kawhi was a top 5 guy in the NBA the last couple years. He's perfect next to Booker

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I love Kawhi, and just from a probability standpoint, he's likely better than whomever you'd get with the #1 pick. So on paper that's a good deal. The problem is that his skills are super redundant with the pieces we have. He's a swingman when our two best players are swingmen, and he wants the ball a lot to be effective, just like Booker and Jackson. I think those three would be a really bad fit together.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

ShelC wrote:Not sure I would. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't love Kawhi. I'd rather move forward with Booker, Jackson and the #1 pick.
I think I'm leaning this way too. There's just enough queries on his health/durability and how much of his stellar play is a product of the Spurs system that I'd stick with the number one pick. But I would be sorely tempted.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I love Kawhi, and just from a probability standpoint, he's likely better than whomever you'd get with the #1 pick. So on paper that's a good deal. The problem is that his skills are super redundant with the pieces we have. He's a swingman when our two best players are swingmen, and he wants the ball a lot to be effective, just like Booker and Jackson. I think those three would be a really bad fit together.
His DPOY level talent and 3 point shooting are not redundant. Anything but.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I love Kawhi, and just from a probability standpoint, he's likely better than whomever you'd get with the #1 pick. So on paper that's a good deal. The problem is that his skills are super redundant with the pieces we have. He's a swingman when our two best players are swingmen, and he wants the ball a lot to be effective, just like Booker and Jackson. I think those three would be a really bad fit together.
His DPOY level talent and 3 point shooting are not redundant. Anything but.
Exactly. He makes Jackson redundant, but he'd be easy to move for a piece that fits better.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'd much rather trade Josh Jackson and some other picks/assets for Kawhi than our current #1 pick.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'd much rather trade Josh Jackson and some other picks/assets for Kawhi than our current #1 pick.
Agreed

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'd much rather trade Josh Jackson and some other picks/assets for Kawhi than our current #1 pick.
I would too. Don’t get me wrong. But if they would t accept that, I would bend.

I definitely wouldn’t trade the first AND Jackson for him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:

Would you do the first and Jackson for Kawhi and dejounte Murray?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

I would do 2 firsts, just not the #1 overall.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Do we know for sure that Kawhi will be moved this summer? Also, do you gut a lot of the young core before it gets started?

It's a tough decision as Kawhi is a mvp caliper player, but this mystery injury is concerning. Also, would the Suns have enough pieces to start competing with just Booker and Kawhi?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

I think that those of you willing to hop on the Kawhi train after what he has done to the Spurs are crazy.

If he could job the Spurs, who are well respected, he wouldn't think twice about telling us to suck our own dongs. Sorry you gave up all those picks but I'm playing in L.A.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:I think that those of you willing to hop on the Kawhi train after what he has done to the Spurs are crazy.

If he could job the Spurs, who are well respected, he wouldn't think twice about telling us to suck our own dongs. Sorry you gave up all those picks but I'm playing in L.A.
Of all things he could tell us, that’s what you went with. :shock: :shock:

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

No way. That’s basically a Jackson for Murray swap to me as I think we should get Kawhi for the first pick and a bunch of filler.