2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here is a place to keep track of our 2018 first round (potential) draft picks.

As of today, January 1st, 2018:
  • Suns #10
    Miami #19 (Conveys 8 or higher)
    Milwaukee #21 (Conveys 11-16)
Buck's pick details - 2018: Suns get Bucks pick between 11-to-16. 2019: 4-to-16. 2020: 8 to 30. 2021: Unprotected.

However, I believe we currently are only 3 games out of the first spot. Prepare for a lot of movement. Our remaining schedule has got to be near the toughest in the Association. However, the odds aren't looking too good on that Milwaukee pick this year at the moment. Let's hope they falter.
"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by 1tinsoldier »

if Miami and Mil don't convey this year what happens next year?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Atlanta is the only team i'm pretty confident stays below us. Orlando looks bad, but could go on a run if they get healthy. Chicago looks very good recently, but I imagine they won't keep it up. I don't see Sacramento getting any better. Lakers and nets have no incentive to tank and have good enough teams that they should finish ahead of us. Memphis should get better once Conley is healthy. Mavs look better recently as well. Hornets should finish ahead of us as well.

1. Atlanta
2. Sacramento
3. Orlando
4. Chicago
5. Dallas
6. Lakers
7. Nets
8. Memphis
9. Hornets

My guess would put us between Dallas and LA at #6

Would love Miami to fall apart a little. I'd love another top 10, but could live with a late lotto.
Last edited by Split T on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

1tinsoldier wrote:if Miami and Mil don't convey this year what happens next year?
Miami becomes unprotected next year. Milwaukee conveys if it lands 4-16(or something like that). Becomes unprotected in 2020 I believe.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:if Miami and Mil don't convey this year what happens next year?
Miami becomes unprotected next year. Milwaukee conveys if it lands 4-16(or something like that). Becomes unprotected in 2020 I believe.
I hope neither convey this year. Miami isn't getting better, and I have my doubts about MIL as well.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hard to see the Miami pick not conveying, they look like a .500 team. I think we're looking at a pick in the 20's from Milwaukee in 2020. As long as Giannis is there, they'll be a playoff team.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
First-round pick protection: 2018: Suns get Bucks pick between 11-to-16. 2019: 4-to-16. 2020: 8 to 30. 2021: Unprotected.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:Hard to see the Miami pick not conveying, they look like a .500 team. I think we're looking at a pick in the 20's from Milwaukee in 2020. As long as Giannis is there, they'll be a playoff team.
Yeah, chances of us not getting the Miami pick this year are extremely slim.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It took a career high 52 from DeRozan and OT in Toronto tonight to beat the Bucks.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

DeRozan is having a great season. 24.9 ppg, 4.9 apg, 4.3 rpg, 23.7 PER, .485 FG%, .349 3pt%.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:DeRozan is having a great season. 24.9 ppg, 4.9 apg, 4.3 rpg, 23.7 PER, .485 FG%, .349 3pt%.
He has really improved his three point shot. He put in the work in the off-season. The Raptors are lucky to have a guy like that just as we're lucky to have Booker who also has a great work ethic.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is Demar DeRozan the second best Raptor of all time (behind Vince Carter, obviously)? If not, who is? Tracy McGrady? Kyle Lowry? Damon Stoudamire?

I'd argue that you have to go solely on what they accomplished as a Raptor, not in their overall career. So let's exclude guys like Hakeem Olajuwon who stopped by at the end of their careers. That same logic probably also excludes McGrady because he didn't have most of the prime of his career in Toronto.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Is Demar DeRozan the second best Raptor of all time (behind Vince Carter, obviously)? If not, who is? Tracy McGrady? Kyle Lowry? Damon Stoudamire?

I'd argue that you have to go solely on what they accomplished as a Raptor, not in their overall career. So let's exclude guys like Hakeem Olajuwon who stopped by at the end of their careers. That same logic probably also excludes McGrady because he didn't have most of the prime of his career in Toronto.
Bosh had a pretty good run, but Derozan is the longest tenured Raptor. He's the only guy who didn't leave in his prime.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Is Demar DeRozan the second best Raptor of all time (behind Vince Carter, obviously)? If not, who is? Tracy McGrady? Kyle Lowry? Damon Stoudamire?

Bosh had a pretty good run, but Derozan is the longest tenured Raptor. He's the only guy who didn't leave in his prime.
When it's all said and done [2020; Kidding!], he may be number 1.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:DeRozan is having a great season. 24.9 ppg, 4.9 apg, 4.3 rpg, 23.7 PER, .485 FG%, .349 3pt%.

Looks pretty close to Booker's stat line. He's been on fire from 3 lately.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

If you are considering career contribution to the Raps over individual talent, he probably already is. All time, he is -

#1 in points
#2 in steals
#3 in assists
#5 in rebounds
#13 in blocks
And most importantly
#1 in playoff wins

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

If you are considering career contribution to the Raps over individual talent, he probably already is. All time, he is -

#1 in points
#2 in steals
#3 in assists
#5 in rebounds
#13 in blocks
And most importantly
#1 in playoff wins
So maybe it isn't so obvious, Mr. Marty Smartypants.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Bargnani :shock: :shock:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

O_Gardino wrote:

I forgot about Bosh. He's up there, too.

Split T

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Split T »

Draft pick watch:

Our pick - 7th (we're tied with LA for 6, 1 game behind dallas for 5, 2 games out of 3rd)

Mil Pick - sitting at 17 right now so we wouldn't get it this year. However, they lose today and they fall into a 3 way tie for 15.

Mia pick - 23rd