2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by Nodack »

We’re dead last in the NBA. That’s quite an accomplishment. We should be able to grab the 3rd or 4th pick with that. It’s the Suns. We will never get the #1 pick even if we failed to win a single game. I kid, sort of.

As gloomy as it is right now, if we did manage to get a Super Star in the draft and Jackson somehow turns into one, that would give three potential future All Stars. You can’t stay at the bottom with three can you? All this sucking has to pay off some time, right?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I have no faith in McD either way. He'll blow capspace on Avery Bradley or trade for Marcus Smart or something.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
The Bobster wrote:Good news if we want Milwaukee's pick - Indiana and Philadelphia won tonight and Milwaukee is losing in the closing seconds to Cleveland.

Memphis and Brooklyn are playing a close one in Brooklyn with the Nets leading by 1 with 6:09 remaining.
But after this, Milwaukee’s pick land at 18th, so they keep it, right?
As of today the Milwaukee pick would be 15th, the Miami pick would be 16th. They are the two worst playoff qualifiers.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

The Bobster wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
The Bobster wrote:Good news if we want Milwaukee's pick - Indiana and Philadelphia won tonight and Milwaukee is losing in the closing seconds to Cleveland.

Memphis and Brooklyn are playing a close one in Brooklyn with the Nets leading by 1 with 6:09 remaining.
As of today the Milwaukee pick would be 15th, the Miami pick would be 16th. They are the two worst playoff qualifiers.
We are going to have a ton of useful picks this year. We also have our own 2nd rounder (traded to memphis but protected 31-55). We also have Toronto's 2nd this year. So we potentially have 5 picks.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

We are going to have a ton of useful picks this year. We also have our own 2nd rounder (traded to memphis but protected 31-55). We also have Toronto's 2nd this year. So we potentially have 5 picks.
I think we also have a 2nd round pick from Memphis for our help in taking Daniels off their hands. I think it is the second best of their 2nd round picks.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:
carey wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

I think we also have a 2nd round pick from Memphis for our help in taking Daniels off their hands. I think it is the second best of their 2nd round picks.
We sent that to Orlando for Payton I believe.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
carey wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
We sent that to Orlando for Payton I believe.
Right! Forgot about Payton.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Milwaukee pick is sitting 15/16 right now. As long as they don't catch #6 in the East or #8 in the West (they're like 2.5 games back) we'll get their pick. Miami pick looks to be whatever pick Milwaukee doesn't get.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Split T wrote:The Milwaukee pick is sitting 15/16 right now. As long as they don't catch #6 in the East or #8 in the West (they're like 2.5 games back) we'll get their pick. Miami pick looks to be whatever pick Milwaukee doesn't get.
Milwaukee (5 home games and 7 road games remaining) will have a hard time catching Philadelphia (8 home games and 5 road) or Washington (6 & 6 and 3 games ahead) so their best chance might be Minnesota (6 & 5) who are also 2.5 games ahead.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

EDC

Post by EDC »

The Bobster wrote:
Split T wrote:The Milwaukee pick is sitting 15/16 right now. As long as they don't catch #6 in the East or #8 in the West (they're like 2.5 games back) we'll get their pick. Miami pick looks to be whatever pick Milwaukee doesn't get.
Milwaukee (5 home games and 7 road games remaining) will have a hard time catching Philadelphia (8 home games and 5 road) or Washington (6 & 6 and 3 games ahead) so their best chance might be Minnesota (6 & 5) who are also 2.5 games ahead.
Both the Nuggets and Clippers have better records than the Bucks. So the Bucks have to play better than three teams down the stretch for them to pass up a western conference team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, chances look pretty good we're getting that pick. They'd also have to stay ahead of Miami.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

The Bobster wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Ah, got it. Then as long as they sneak into the playoffs, they are granted the 16th, and only if not, they drop to whatever place they have in the lottery. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Saw an interesting scenario on Twitter...

Say we get the #1 pick...would you trade that pick plus one of our later ones for Porzingis and the Knicks' pick in the 7-9 range?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:Saw an interesting scenario on Twitter...

Say we get the #1 pick...would you trade that pick plus one of our later ones for Porzingis and the Knicks' pick in the 7-9 range?
Hmm. What do we know about the extent of Porzingis' injuries? I loved Zinger and wanted us to trade for him during that brief window when it looked like Phil Jackson might go crazy and deal him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Torn ACL, out pretty much a year from the injury so you're looking at mid January/February of next year? There was photo on social a day or two ago of him taking set shots which kind of freaked out Knicks fans because he had surgery about 6 weeks ago.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sport ... 441067002/

It'd definitely be risky, but if you can come away with Porzingis and maybe Trae Young or Sexton, sending out the 1 pick, Chriss and 15 or 16? Assuming Porzingis recovers fully, kinda tempting.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

Hmm. What do we know about the extent of Porzingis' injuries? I loved Zinger and wanted us to trade for him during that brief window when it looked like Phil Jackson might go crazy and deal him.
No way. I like Porzingis, but he's going to be 23 coming off a major knee injury. He's played 72, 66, and 48 games in each season so far. I'll take the teenager with unknown potential over Kristaps right now. I could totally be sold on something like Warren, Chriss and our other two first rounders (if they convey).
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

If he checks out ok health wise? I would do it for sure. That would be my only concern.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Porzingis is a unicorn. If the Phoenix medical staff took a look at him and said he seemed structurally okay, I'd give up pretty much anything on our roster other than Booker to get him, even with the injury. Zinger is literally the perfect NBA 5 if healthy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That might be a very sweet deal. You could possibly get Porzingas, Young, and Robinson.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Milwaukee losing again tonight to the Clippers, good news when you add in wins by Miami and Philadelphia.