2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by Mori Chu »

n4th4n wrote:That loss yesterday was so so important. As of tonight, we are in pole position to end up with the worst record as we head into the final stretch of the season. We currently have a 2 game lead on Atlanta, Brooklyn, and Sacramento who are all tied in the 4-6 spots with 44 losses.
The 19 wins are what really matter. We're not in last/first place, and if Memphis loses their remaining games, we won't end up there.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote: Actually, leg pressing 900 lbs would concern me. I leg press 900 lbs and I am 5-8 and in my 50's. My son leg pressed 1200 lbs in high school.
#HumbleBrag
Didnt mean for it to sound that way. Believe me, I am no big deal in my gym.
Ha! Just giving you a hard time. I don't believe you. You are a monster in the gym! :)
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Magic have 6 straight games against tankers at the end of March

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Let's assume we are able to get our big man with our pick be it Ayton or Bagley

Doncic still is on the board. Would you trade Jackson and our Miami & Milwaukee picks to get him?

I like Jackson a lot but Doncic, if he comes as advertised is really what we need and I do not think there is room for both of them. Warren remains and continues to be a main consistent scoring weapon with a reasonable contract. I really do not care it we trade Warren or Jackson but we cannot keep both if we draft Doncic, can we?

Ayton/Bagley/ Williams
Bender/Chriss/Williams
Warren/Doncic
Booker/Doncic
Payton/Knight/Booker/Doncic

That gets us our big guy for the future as well as the additional playmaker and shooter we really need.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Split T

Post by Split T »

A Payton/Booker/Doncic/Warren/Bagley lineup would be a lot of fun offensively, although probably lacks shooting and rim protection. Well just lacks defense completely. Maybe bring Warren off the bench and start Bender. Ayton would make more sense than Bagley.

Back to your question, I think you'd have to make that move. I love jackson, but Doncic could be a franchise changing talent. Booker/Doncic/Ayton is a fantastic core.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

JustWinBaby wrote:Let's assume we are able to get our big man with our pick be it Ayton or Bagley

Doncic still is on the board. Would you trade Jackson and our Miami & Milwaukee picks to get him?

I like Jackson a lot but Doncic, if he comes as advertised is really what we need and I do not think there is room for both of them. Warren remains and continues to be a main consistent scoring weapon with a reasonable contract. I really do not care it we trade Warren or Jackson but we cannot keep both if we draft Doncic, can we?

Ayton/Bagley/ Williams
Bender/Chriss/Williams
Warren/Doncic
Booker/Doncic

That gets us our big guy for the future as well as the additional playmaker and shooter we really need.
I would try to do it without Jackson. I would include TJ, Miami or Milwaukee, and maybe a very lightly protected (top 3?) Suns first rounder for next year. At least I would start with that. I really want to keep Jackson. He is almost as untouchable to me as Booker. His athleticism and two-way game are so rare. Doncic does not have that two-way game and a Doncic/Booker/TJ trio has some real defensive liabilities.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:Let's assume we are able to get our big man with our pick be it Ayton or Bagley

Ayton/Bagley/ Williams
Bender/Chriss/Williams
Warren/Doncic
Booker/Doncic

I would try to do it without Jackson. I would include TJ, Miami or Milwaukee, and maybe a very lightly protected (top 3?) Suns first rounder for next year. At least I would start with that.
And the conversation would end right there. They only have five minutes on the clock, they’re not going to waste time talking to somebody who opens with a joke of an offer like that.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I don't see anyone trading Doncic.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Ayton/Bagley/ Williams
Bender/Chriss/Williams
Warren/Doncic
Booker/Doncic

I would try to do it without Jackson. I would include TJ, Miami or Milwaukee, and maybe a very lightly protected (top 3?) Suns first rounder for next year. At least I would start with that.
And the conversation would end right there. They only have five minutes on the clock, they’re not going to waste time talking to somebody who opens with a joke of an offer like that.
Is offering TJ and a better pick that much different than offering Jackson and a worse pick? I am wondering how one offer is acceptable and another is a joke. Is Jackson THAT much more valuable than TJ? Or do you think the first offer is insufficient too?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Jackson has significantly more value than Warren

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Ayton/Bagley/ Williams
Bender/Chriss/Williams
Warren/Doncic
Booker/Doncic

Is offering TJ and a better pick that much different than offering Jackson and a worse pick? I am wondering how one offer is acceptable and another is a joke. Is Jackson THAT much more valuable than TJ? Or do you think the first offer is insufficient too?
The first offer is insufficient too.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Ayton/Bagley/ Williams
Bender/Chriss/Williams
Warren/Doncic
Booker/Doncic

OK. That response makes sense then. I was not looking so much at what the other team would actually accept as much as comparing one offer with another. For me, I am not sure I trade a package with Jackson for Doncic. It is looking more and more like Jackson is going to be a very good NBA player. As good as he is, we do not know that about Doncic yet. He is higher reward and higher risk. Jackson is a perfect fit for Booker. I think I put together the best consolidation package I can and move up as high as I can. If there is no player I really want in that range, then try trading for a player. There are lots and lots of options.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
OK. That response makes sense then. I was not looking so much at what the other team would actually accept as much as comparing one offer with another. For me, I am not sure I trade a package with Jackson for Doncic. It is looking more and more like Jackson is going to be a very good NBA player. As good as he is, we do not know that about Doncic yet. He is higher reward and higher risk. Jackson is a perfect fit for Booker. I think I put together the best consolidation package I can and move up as high as I can. If there is no player I really want in that range, then try trading for a player. There are lots and lots of options.
It really makes no sense what you guys are saying.

In one breath you say Jackson and at least two draft picks is not enough for Doncic and then you turn around and say you think Jackson is better than Doncic.

You guys always want something for nothing, just like McDonough and we end up with nothing.

As I said, if Doncic comes as advertised, a great playmaker and shooter. We must do everything to get him.

Maybe we make Doncic our first pick and we go after a big later in the draft, like Bamba, utilizing our draft picks. A "Great Playmaker/Shooter" is more important than a dominant big in today's NBA.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JustWinBaby wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Cap wrote: And the conversation would end right there. They only have five minutes on the clock, they’re not going to waste time talking to somebody who opens with a joke of an offer like that.

In one breath you say Jackson and at least two draft picks is not enough for Doncic and then you turn around and say you think Jackson is better than Doncic.

You guys always want something for nothing, just like McDonough and we end up with nothing.

As I said, if Doncic comes as advertised, a great playmaker and shooter. We must do everything to get him.

Maybe we make Doncic our first pick and we go after a big later in the draft, like Bamba, utilizing our draft picks. A "Great Playmaker/Shooter" is more important than a dominant big in today's NBA.
It’s the typical Homer’s of a sports team. Overvalue their own players, underrate all others.

We have dog shit talent on this team outside of Booker and Jackson. Yes, I do think an offer involving Jackson vs an offer involving Warren is worlds apart. Warren is a dime a dozen player in this league. A scorer who literally is below average at every other aspect and can’t hit 3’s. Jackson is a much more complete player already.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mavs are about to beat the nuggets. Heat lost as well.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

specialsauce wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote: Is offering TJ and a better pick that much different than offering Jackson and a worse pick? I am wondering how one offer is acceptable and another is a joke. Is Jackson THAT much more valuable than TJ? Or do you think the first offer is insufficient too?

It’s the typical Homer’s of a sports team. Overvalue their own players, underrate all others.

We have dog s*** talent on this team outside of Booker and Jackson. Yes, I do think an offer involving Jackson vs an offer involving Warren is worlds apart. Warren is a dime a dozen player in this league. A scorer who literally is below average at every other aspect and can’t hit 3’s. Jackson is a much more complete player already.
I wouldn't do it. If Jackson really is a future 23 ppg / 7 rpg /4 apg defensive stopper, there's an awful lot of risk in trading your more proven asset for a riskier one that might hit future 27 ppg / 5 rpg / 10 apg defensive sieve.

Sauce -- I agree that Warren is much less valuable than Jackson -- how valuable was Cedric Ceballos relative to a young Clyde Drexler? These are the comps being thrown around. But it doesn't mean that he's exactly dime a dozen.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Warren is a dime a dozen.

I wouldn’t trade Jackson and #15+16 for Doncic.

But warren is a dime a dozen no mistaking that. Clarkson. Crawford. Nick Young. Lou Williams. All current examples of the type of player TJ is off the top of my head. You absolutely cannot okay TJ and JJ together, EVER. The lack of 3 point shooting is a deal breaker. So I don’t like having both of them on this team because they both deserve minutes. And TJ is easily expendable.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Dallas with the win over Denver tonight, which is good in that it puts them 1.5 games behind the Suns in the race for the worst record, and bad because it puts them only 1 up on Milwaukee for the 17th pick.

15. Miami 34-31
16. Milwaukee 34-30
17. Denver 35-29
18. L.A. Clippers 34-28 (playing New Orleans tonight)
19. Philadelphia 35-28

24. Chicago 21-42
25. Sacramento 20-44
26. Brooklyn 20-45 (playing Golden State tonight)
27. Orlando 20-44
28. Atlanta 20-45
29. Phoenix 19-47
30. Memphis 18-45
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:Mavs are about to beat the nuggets. Heat lost as well.
It was a good night.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lotta unwarrented hate for TJ in this thread...!