2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: 2018 Phoenix Suns Pick Watch

Post by Mori Chu »

Regardless of whether he starts or comes off the bench next year, TJ Warren needs to lock himself in a gym all summer and figure out how to make some 3s. If he can add that to his game he will be a really nasty offensive weapon.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

The question is... will the Grizz win even one more game this year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't think they will

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Regardless of whether he starts or comes off the bench next year, TJ Warren needs to lock himself in a gym all summer and figure out how to make some 3s. If he can add that to his game he will be a really nasty offensive weapon.
It's really quite perplexing how he can't make them. He's actually a pretty good shooter, his range just drops off a cliff at 20 feet. His career shooting numbers are: 70% at the rim, 44% from 3-10 feet, 42% from 10-16, 40% from 16-23, and 28% from 3

This year he is 69%/41%/43%/40%/21%. He's a good enough shooter, there's no reason he shouldn't be at least competent from 3.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Regardless of whether he starts or comes off the bench next year, TJ Warren needs to lock himself in a gym all summer and figure out how to make some 3s. If he can add that to his game he will be a really nasty offensive weapon.
It's really quite perplexing how he can't make them. He's actually a pretty good shooter, his range just drops off a cliff at 20 feet. His career shooting numbers are: 70% at the rim, 44% from 3-10 feet, 42% from 10-16, 40% from 16-23, and 28% from 3

This year he is 69%/41%/43%/40%/21%. He's a good enough shooter, there's no reason he shouldn't be at least competent from 3.
It's the legs. He's got to incorporate his legs when shooting from 3. The natural shooting motion isn't enough from that distance.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

It's the legs. He's got to incorporate his legs when shooting from 3. The natural shooting motion isn't enough from that distance.
I think it is more to do with how infrequently he shoots with normal shooting form. Most of his shots he is contorting his body, or put backs, or tear drops. None of those are normal shooting motions for accuracy outside of 15 feet.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

I think it is more to do with how infrequently he shoots with normal shooting form. Most of his shots he is contorting his body, or put backs, or tear drops. None of those are normal shooting motions for accuracy outside of 15 feet.
I think its a bit of both. His set shot has no lift, he kinda just throws it up there, ugly really.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Bulls and Hawks both got crushed tonight. Grizzlies losing to Utah at the half. But magic and Kings still play each other tonight. Bucks up on the Knicks at halftime

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kings were the only tankers to win. I feel pretty safe that we won't pass the bulls, nets, Kings, or magic.

Bulls have 22 wins

Nets have 21 wins and have no reason to tank, so they should at least win all the games against fellow tankers

Kings have 21 wins, so already have 2 games on us. I think they'd have to go winless for us to catch them.

Magic only have 20 wins, but still have like 7 games against fellow tankers.

I don't think the grizzlies win another game, so I think they're pretty locked into the #1 position.

Hawks have 20 wins but don't have many winnable games left.

Mavs also have 20 wins, but still have some winnable games. They should finish ahead of us, but we do play them the last game of the season. That could be one of the most epic tankathons of all time.

Our remaining winnable games: @hornets (not likely if no one plays), pistons, @magic, Kings, @dallas

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:Our remaining winnable games: @hornets (not likely if no one plays)
The League is going to call us out. The Bulls have been warned and I bet they are paying a lot of attention to what taking teams do.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote:Our remaining winnable games: @hornets (not likely if no one plays)
The League is going to call us out. The Bulls have been warned and I bet they are paying a lot of attention to what taking teams do.
I didn't see the OKC game but isn't Josh injury legit and I thought TJ's was also so I don't think we guilty of just resting healthy players
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Maybe, but as long as our guys have actual injuries there is not much they can do. The bulls just benched healthy guys.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
For what? Not playing injured players? There is a big difference in resting an uninjured player and not playing an injured one.
"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
For what? Not playing injured players? There is a big difference in resting an uninjured player and not playing an injured one.
Yeah, but with all the tanking noise I am scared the league is going to scrutinize how legitimate those injuries are. Back spasms, stiffiness, strain don't sound too convincing when it is so convinent as we play one of the few winnable games left. My concern is that if this was a regular year, so to speak, this would fly under the radar no problem, but with 8-9 teams clearly disinterested in winning, this game could be a prime candidate for the league to investigate and 'prove' that they care about the integrity of the game.

Then again, I could be just seeing ghosts.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

No worries, Big Sauce and Knight could be back soon.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Dallas up 26 at halftime on Memphis.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The big games tonight for our pick:

Mavs(21 Wins) @ Knicks(24 wins) - A mavs win probably puts them out of our range as I don't see us getting past 22 wins

Raptors @ Nets(21 Wins) - Probably not a winnable game for Brooklyn

Thunder @ Hawks(20 Wins) - Probably a loss for Atlanta, but they are at home and okc did play last night

Clippers @ Bulls(23 Wins) - Not worried about the bulls, we won't catch them in wins

Magic(20 wins) @ Spurs - Spurs on a back to back and been struggling, can Orlando steal a win?

Probably should root for teams like heat and 76ers and whoever sneaks into the last couple spots in the west if we want to keep the bucks pick. Bucks have a pretty soft schedule from here on out.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Any interest in Dangelo Russell? If we get Ayton, would anyone offer the Miami pick + Chriss for him?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nope.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Magic up 16 on bucks after 1 quarter. Could be a huge win in two ways if Orlando can hold on.