Suns News: Week of 3/2-3/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week of 3/2-3/9

Post by carey »

Will get a proper post up later, but in the mean time the Suns cut Slava today to add a PF.

@paulcoro: The #Suns have signed power forward Shavlik Randolph and waived center Slava Kravtsov. http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/paulc ... -kravtsov/
Randolph, 30, is a 6-foot-10 power forward who last played in the NBA for Boston last season, when Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough was an assistant GM there. Randolph made 16 appearances, averaging 4.2 points and 4.4 rebounds in 12.4 minutes per game wtih 58.3 percent shooting. He has a good perimeter shooting touch but still plays with toughness.

He played recently for Foshan in China, averaging 22.3 points and 12.3 rebounds in six appearances.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Re: Suns News: Week of 3/2-3/9

Post by Phoenix219 »

Too bad for Slava, but at least he was no ones fan favorite, and hadn't put up a streak of crazy potential or anything. I hope this isn't just a "Boston buddy" move, and that McD really saw something he liked there, instead of a Mike D style attachment to one of "his guys." The China #s are promising....

Even though he doesn't play much, it makes me happy for some reason, that Christmas is still on the team. :)

EDC

Post by EDC »

Well this pretty much closes the door on any playing time for Len.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Len is not a concern this season. Just getting his health back is a feat by itself.

If Shavlik Randolph is better than Slava a can actually be used on the court, it's a net gain.

By the way, this the first time I say it, but I am afraid that by not making a move at the deadline we have impacted very negatively our chances at the playoffs.

I won't get into what is a #29 worth, or the prospects supposedly available there in 2014, or if something could have been done without said pick. I'm just saying that this roster is looking more and more like a short one and I am really scared that it will mean being left just outside the postseason.

I respect those who think a #14 would be a consolation, but I can't disagree more, so here's hoping we can hold our own, although it doesn't look good. Check the games in April if you don't believe me.

carey

Post by carey »

The schedule coming up is brutal. Easily the hardest of any time vying for the 6, 7, 8th spots in the West. However, getting Bledsoe back, whenever that is, will be huge and is a bigger gain that what any of those other teams can make signing bought out or waived guys.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

@TheMattPetersen: Bledsoe did play 5-on-5 in practice today.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Good news for the Suns....good news for me. I picked him up right before the all-star break in my fantasy league.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cannot wait to see Bledsoe and Gogi back together again. Dragic is starting to look more comfortable off the ball. He needs to stay aggressive when Bledsoe returns.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

It's a crime & a disgrace that Donough gets away with drafting Len at 5. He's stiffer than a preacher's cock & could play Lurch if the Addams Family ever makes a return to television.

P.S., you moved out on me at AZ Central when we was in the midst of the 3 peat. Then Sose padlocked his Joint after unceremoniously throwing my ass thru the plate glass window facing Jefferson Street. I can't adequately judged where I was in the count back then, but, by God, I know where we're right now.

Tiffany roll, please.............................................O & 45!!!

Your Cubby got old in the interim and you've made nary progress. Me? I've tacked on another back-to-back, using your foolish asses as a stepping stone in '10.

Lettin' Artest pull your pants down like that.

ha, ha.

carey

Post by carey »

Culburn369 wrote:It's a crime & a disgrace that Donough gets away with drafting Len at 5. He's stiffer than a preacher's cock & could play Lurch if the Addams Family ever makes a return to television.

P.S., you moved out on me at AZ Central when we was in the midst of the 3 peat. Then Sose padlocked his Joint after unceremoniously throwing my ass thru the plate glass window facing Jefferson Street. I can't adequately judged where I was in the count back then, but, by God, I know where we're right now.

Your Cubby got old in the interim and you've made nary progress. Me? I've tacked on another back-to-back, using your foolish asses as a stepping stone in '10.

ha, ha.
I'm aware of your history. This is your first & last troll post here.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

carey wrote:
Culburn369 wrote:It's a crime & a disgrace that Donough gets away with drafting Len at 5. He's stiffer than a preacher's cock & could play Lurch if the Addams Family ever makes a return to television.

ha, ha.
I'm aware of your history. This is your first & last troll post here.
You GD rights you're aware of my history. You're NBA Old Maid at O & 45. I've been keepin' count all these years. Gettin' old, hangin' on thru impotence and an enlarged prostrate and a hernia that the VA says is the size of Blabby's head, but, by God I'm livin' still.

- Culburn369

TOO

Post by TOO »

And so it begins...
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

Culburn369 wrote: You GD rights you're aware of my history. You're NBA Old Maid at O & 45. I've been keepin' count all these years. Gettin' old, hangin' on thru impotence and an enlarged prostrate and a hernia that the VA says is the size of Blabby's head, but, by God I'm livin' still.
You can sit on your donut pillow and post as long as you're not being a jerk. Because of your history you're basically already on thin ice, so be polite and talk basketball and there won't be a problem. We basically figured with open registration you'd show up pretty quick. Just try to be nice.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

carey wrote:
Culburn369 wrote: You GD rights you're aware of my history. You're NBA Old Maid at O & 45. I've been keepin' count all these years. Gettin' old, hangin' on thru impotence and an enlarged prostrate and a hernia that the VA says is the size of Blabby's head, but, by God I'm livin' still.
You can sit on your donut pillow and post as long as you're not being a jerk. Because of your history you're basically already on thin ice, so be polite and talk basketball and there won't be a problem. We basically figured with open registration you'd show up pretty quick. Just try to be nice.
I just hope that the next time I 3 peat you don't pack up the whole kit & kaboodle and move out in the middle of the night twixt 2 & 3 of the peat. I felt terrible that last time.

No, but, c'mon, I find ya's still treading water in the kiddie pool. You're O & 45,,,so just stand up. You already flubbed your dub by refusing to budge on Gasol. WTF is wrong with you?....

"Oh, we have to remain the same and not move an inch or something bad will befall us. Oh, we're so special and everybody is looking at us. Oh, my. Oh."

In this NBA, THIS one where the Spurs won it, before they handed it back over after the NBA stewards made them---anything can happen. You can stop it at (45). & make Cubby hand over his key to the city. But, not now. You chickenshited out. Wouldn't give a 30 pick in the 1st round...not because you thought it wasn't prudent. You didn't do because you were and are afraid.

And you know what else? You know I'm right.

O & 46!!!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I'd say that isn't a troll post. Thats his opinion, and his personality, but not close to a troll post. Hopefully we won't have to deal with that part again, or at least any time soon. Colorful idioms and an opposing view point are okay, lets just keep things as civil as possible. I posted on this in another thread, I believe.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Culburn369 wrote: I just hope that the next time I 3 peat you don't pack up the whole kit & kaboodle and move out in the middle of the night twixt 2 & 3 of the peat. I felt terrible that last time.

No, but, c'mon, I find ya's still treading water in the kiddie pool. You're O & 45,,,so just stand up. You already flubbed your dub by refusing to budge on Gasol. WTF is wrong with you?....

"Oh, we have to remain the same and not move an inch or something bad will befall us. Oh, we're so special and everybody is looking at us. Oh, my. Oh."

In this NBA, THIS one where the Spurs won it, before they handed it back over after the NBA stewards made them---anything can happen. You can stop it at (45). & make Cubby hand over his key to the city. But, not now. You chickenshited out. Wouldn't give a 30 pick in the 1st round...not because you thought it wasn't prudent. You didn't do because you were and are afraid.

And you know what else? You know I'm right.

O & 46!!!

I'm trying to decipher your post and I think you are saying we should have traded for Gasol because it would have given us a shot at a title this year? Really? Maybe I misunderstood the small amount of basketball talk in between the trash talk.

You worry a lot about the past. You should relax and enjoy the ride. I'm sure you can enjoy watching your team like so many of us enjoy watching the Suns this year.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Slava reminded me of that euro guy from the movie semi-pro, hair combed forward and everything. That was his main contribution to the suns for me

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:@TheMattPetersen: Bledsoe did play 5-on-5 in practice today.
Nice!
"Be Legendary."

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

I saw this posted on NBA.com:
"NOTABLE: Suns star guard Eric Bledsoe has started 5-on-5 play in practice and could return "maybe in the next week or two," Hornacek said. ... "

TOO

Post by TOO »

We can only hope, he's a rather large upgrade from Ish. Is it me or have the last few games had Dragic off the ball w/Ish at point more often? We priming Dragic for Bledsoes return?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.