Game Day: Suns (15-24) @ Nuggets (19-17), Wed 1/3/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Suns (15-24) @ Nuggets (19-17), Wed 1/3/18

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Every draft there will be guys who are great who are drafted after our pick. I'm not mad that we missed on Donovan Mitchell. I'm more mad that we drafted such a deeply flawed player as Josh Jackson, who is basically a poor man's J**h C*******s. His lack of shooting will forever doom him to NBA mediocrity. His game is broken and cannot be great in 2018's NBA.
So he can't improve? I think it's a little ridiculous how many people are writing off Jackson based on 1/3rd of his rookie year. Who would you rather have drafted? Fox and Smith are having their struggles too. Isaac has been hurt and as you said, Mitchell was never going 4th so hard to get upset there. We could have drafted Markkanen, but everyone would have been pissed with that selection too.

I was slightly leaning Isaac over Jackson at draft time, but Isaac hasn't done a lot. Without Bledsoe we could have used a PG, but fox hasn't impressed and Smith isn't the type of PG I want. Ntilikina would be intriguing and looking back I'd take him over Jackson, but it's just him, Mitchell, and maybe Isaac.
I wanted to trade him with Bledsoe for Kyrie Irving. I didn't like the players available at #4 and think we should have sold high on the pick plus mediocre parts to get a superstar.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Every draft there will be guys who are great who are drafted after our pick. I'm not mad that we missed on Donovan Mitchell. I'm more mad that we drafted such a deeply flawed player as Josh Jackson, who is basically a poor man's J**h C*******s. His lack of shooting will forever doom him to NBA mediocrity. His game is broken and cannot be great in 2018's NBA.
Give me a break. :roll:
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

An impatient group here, eh?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Split T wrote:
So he can't improve? I think it's a little ridiculous how many people are writing off Jackson based on 1/3rd of his rookie year. Who would you rather have drafted? Fox and Smith are having their struggles too. Isaac has been hurt and as you said, Mitchell was never going 4th so hard to get upset there. We could have drafted Markkanen, but everyone would have been pissed with that selection too.

I was slightly leaning Isaac over Jackson at draft time, but Isaac hasn't done a lot. Without Bledsoe we could have used a PG, but fox hasn't impressed and Smith isn't the type of PG I want. Ntilikina would be intriguing and looking back I'd take him over Jackson, but it's just him, Mitchell, and maybe Isaac.
I wanted to trade him with Bledsoe for Kyrie Irving. I didn't like the players available at #4 and think we should have sold high on the pick plus mediocre parts to get a superstar.
Ah, there it is.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

So Jackson is going to be the designated player the board will bitch around to steam off our frustrations? We need Brandon Knight back asap, at least to keep Josh away from all this negativity.

He was generally acknowledged as BPA at #4, but not sure if anybody heralded him as a franchise changer pick, altough obviously he had underperformed. But it is funny how people bitch around the lack of patience on Alex Len, but we are ready to dismiss this kid on less than half a season. “Broken”, “Bust”, Never wil” are too big of statements to be made so soon. Last week people were asking for Chriss’ head, but after just a small string of good performances people shut up.

Come on people, we are better than this, is tiresome to hear all that bitching around Kinght, but that certainly was a bad transaction from the beginning, and most around here didn’t need insight to see it. But here we are talking about under 40 games for a rookie that spent the summer on Watson’s watch, but we act like spoiled brats ready to throw a new toy to the garbage because it needs some assembling. We loooove to talk about building the right way, but as soon as the road gets bumpy, we start asking for the “super star” quick patch.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:So Jackson is going to be the designated player the board will bitch around to steam off our frustrations? We need Brandon Knight back asap, at least to keep Josh away from all this negativity.

He was generally acknowledged as BPA at #4, but not sure if anybody heralded him as a franchise changer pick, altough obviously he had underperformed. But it is funny how people bitch around the lack of patience on Alex Len, but we are ready to dismiss this kid on less than half a season. “Broken”, “Bust”, Never wil” are too big of statements to be made so soon. Last week people were asking for Chriss’ head, but after just a small string of good performances people shut up.

Come on people, we are better than this, is tiresome to hear all that bitching around Kinght, but that certainly was a bad transaction from the beginning, and most around here didn’t need insight to see it. But here we are talking about under 40 games for a rookie that spent the summer on Watson’s watch, but we act like spoiled brats ready to throw a new toy to the garbage because it needs some assembling. We loooove to talk about building the right way, but as soon as the road gets bumpy, we start asking for the “super star” quick patch.
Thank you.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well done, Aztec. Very strong finish. And one!
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

CLE didn’t want Bledsoe and the 4th pick. They wanted Bledsoe,the 4th pick and another fucking pick. Fuck them.

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Split T wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:I'm not a Jackson hater, but every game strengthens my regret at missing Ntilikina.
Mitchell is the guy we really missed on
I've mentioned before that I have followed the Cardinals for quite some time and I know you were very busy in the draft threads with players you were hoping for. I remember because I thought it was kool somebody else on the board liked Donovan lol :) but in what scenario would he had been a possible pick that you're calling it a miss.
Donovan himself wasn't even sure if to enter the draft or if he would be a 1st rd guy. Love the kid but nobody was taking him top 5, he wasn't gonna last til the late 20's either as his draft stock kept rising in predraft workouts
Ya I don't fault the Suns for not taking him. I didn't want to take him 4 either. Just stating that in hindsight, he would have been the best pick. Kinda like Giannis in 2013, but no one was picking him top 5 either. People thought Milwaukee was a little crazy taking him 15.