Game Day: Thunder (22-17) @ Suns (15-26), Sun 1/7/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: Game Day: Thunder (22-17) @ Suns (15-26), Sun 1/7/18

Post by iLLmatic »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
n4th4n wrote:I MISS ONE GAME AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS???
You know you have to stay away til they lose now right?
Shouldn't be long.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

What happened to Chriss?

If we can have one of these guys pop to compliment Booker and TJ that'd be grrreeaat.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:What happened to Chriss?

If we can have one of these guys pop to compliment Booker and TJ that'd be grrreeaat.
Injured his hip in the first half.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I haven't watched much recently (vacation, ftw), but are we good or something?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I haven't watched much recently (vacation, ftw), but are we good or something?
We were tonight.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I didn't predict a big Suns win back on Page 1 of this thread. But I did say, and still believe, that the 2017-18 OKC Thunder are garbage. They have star power and big names, but the pieces don't fit and the team is going nowhere. George will leave after this season and Melo's best days are behind him. Westbrook hogs the ball and doesn't play in a way that makes his teammates better or leads to likely group success. They're a good hate-watch this year; I have caught a few of their games hoping to see them lose.

This season is such an indictment of Westbrook. Looking at Indiana and how great they're playing, with Oladipo having an all-star season and Sabonis looking like a good piece, after they both looked like trash next to Westbrook. And look how much happier KD is in Golden State without Westbrook, immediately winning a title and looking like a true champ. Russell Westbrook should be embarrassed. Everything he touches rots, and almost every player who leaves his team finds greener pastures. (Notable exception: Reggie Jackson.)

I think OKC will lose in the first round in this year's playoffs, leading to the departure of George and a depressing offseason overall. And they'll deserve it. They have to address their failure to teach Russell Westbrook how to play proper basketball. At this point it is probably too late for the guy; this is who he is.
I'm far from a Westbrook (or George, or Anthony) fan but this is a bit much. OKC is 14-6 since the start of December which is tied with Boston for 3rd best and includes surprising losses last night and to Dallas a few days ago. They are already 5th in the west. As for the fit, George fits on every team because he's good at everything. I think this is a good situation for Anthony as well if he can accept the role of a shooter/on-demand scorer (just not on his demand). So I'd say the pieces fit but they need some shuffling to do so. They are starting to play better now and I still think their ceiling is on par with any team outside of the Warriors and (maybe) Cleveland.

And for what it's worth, Oladipo says Westbrook is the reason for his improvement because his work ethic inspired him.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Bounce back game for Booker. But without Warren and Daniels, we really don't have a chance.

One thing I'll look for is Bender's passing. He's had a few good passing games lately.
Good thing we had Warren and Daniels then.
So glad they were back.

It's fun to watch how Booker and the rest of the team respond to the pressure on Booker during this stretch. Last night, Josh and Tyler did a lot more creating for the rest of the team.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Bender didn't even look tired. He and Jackson were both very good tonight, and this game should show us that our young players are going to be better as the year goes on.

Point-Booker did a great job of picking his spots and letting the other guys take the night. Ulis had his head back on straight, and Warren was Warren.

Still don't understand 30 minutes for Chandler when Len was on the court for a huge run, but I won't complain too much after a great win. Len was +14 in 7 minutes.
Len got into foul trouble
Ah, I forgot about that.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

n4th4n wrote:I MISS ONE GAME AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS???
You know what you have to do now. You're missing them all from here on out.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:Tomorrow Bender will be on this list: http://bkref.com/tiny/YwAdM
You're saying he could be as good as Josh Smith?!?!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I haven't watched much recently (vacation, ftw), but are we good or something?
7-5 in our last 12. Triano is coaching these guys up into a team. I keep waiting for "reality" to set in, but this is part of our reality now.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wow. Mori's hate of Westbrook is unparalleled. :lol:

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:Wow. Mori's hate of Westbrook is unparalleled. :lol:
Classic Warriors fan. ;)
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Classic Warriors fan. ;)
That is exactly what I was thinking!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

that was some good stuff last night. felt Josh was a lil bit more patient when he got in the key and was able to find Bender on skip passes, I actually thought he had more than 5 asts.
only thing missing from Bender's night was if he had been chased off the line a couple times and put in on the floor and drove to the basket for two, and 1 or a dunk would have been awesome lol. that being said, I hope this does a bunch for his confidence shooting and if indeed teams start to chase him off the 3pt line that he is comfortable mixing things up.
oh yea I mentioned that Ulis hasn't inspired much confidence this season but he did well also
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Mori been quite adamant about how his feelings for that team for months so much so that as a newbie poster I been afraid to even comment in fear of being collateral :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

NIce win. Loved seeing Bender and JAckson breakout. I had to do a double take when I saw that Bender had 6 threes. WTF? Never thought I'd see that out of him. I was thinking the Suns would be short handed big men but then I forgot about Monroe. They must be adamant they only put him in when he is "scheduled" to play. I wonder if that is a weird agent request so that his averages don't drop.

Also, OKC is so garbage. I think Melo is killing that on the court chemistry since he doesn't really play D or rebound anymore. I think they'd be fine if they removed him from that equation. They also have absolutely no shooting guard. Ferguson looked like garbage and Roberson can't shoot. I wish better for them only because they are a small market team.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Cap

Post by Cap »

O_Gardino wrote:
It's a neat group to be a part of. Kevin Garnett (3x), Anthony Davis (2x), Chris Webber (2x), Chris Bosh, Andrew Bynum, Tracy McGrady, Smith, Karl-Anthony Towns and George Wallace.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
It's a neat group to be a part of. Kevin Garnett (3x), Anthony Davis (2x), Chris Webber (2x), Chris Bosh, Andrew Bynum, Tracy McGrady, Smith, Karl-Anthony Towns and George Wallace.
All 13 other guys combined went 2/5 from 3. Bender went 6/8

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mori been quite adamant about how his feelings for that team for months so much so that as a newbie poster I been afraid to even comment in fear of being collateral :lol:
He lived in Seattle when the Sonics were stolen away. He has hated on that franchise since then, and I don't blame him.