Game Day: Thunder (22-17) @ Suns (15-26), Sun 1/7/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Game Day: Thunder (22-17) @ Suns (15-26), Sun 1/7/18

Post by O_Gardino »

Guys, it's never off topic to thank Marty or to bust Mori. They both always deserve more than they get.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

BTW, did the "no current Suns logos as avatars" rule die with the old site? Because I think TOO's in violation. V9’s probably OK.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:BTW, did the "no current Suns logos as avatars" rule die with the old site? Because I think TOO's in violation. V9’s probably OK.
I have never been contacted by the team about that issue. And I have seen sports team logos / player photos all over avatars on every other forum and site all over the web. I am starting to think that it cannot possibly be the actual law. I don't know what was up with trying to restrict that before. I think it may have just been the team trying to scare Sose / the old site. But I'm unsure.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Cap wrote:BTW, did the "no current Suns logos as avatars" rule die with the old site? Because I think TOO's in violation. V9’s probably OK.
I have never been contacted by the team about that issue. And I have seen sports team logos / player photos all over avatars on every other forum and site all over the web. I am starting to think that it cannot possibly be the actual law. I don't know what was up with trying to restrict that before. I think it may have just been the team trying to scare Sose / the old site. But I'm unsure.
Yeah, I think a certain poster on the other site with a certain offensive avatar prompted it. Can't be certain though.
"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Yeah, I think a certain poster on the other site with a certain offensive avatar prompted it. Can't be certain though.
yes, i recall an issue with an avatar with an offensive element at the time

carey

Post by carey »

That is hilarious. You can find offensive stuff for any team after searching twitter for 30 seconds.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:That is hilarious. You can find offensive stuff for any team after searching twitter for 30 seconds.
Yeah, this was all pre-Twitter. It was a different world. We're getting old.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
carey wrote:That is hilarious. You can find offensive stuff for any team after searching twitter for 30 seconds.
Speak for yourself!
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Speak for yourself!
Huh? Sleep for four elves? Speak up!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

1tinsoldier wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
yes, i recall an issue with an avatar with an offensive element at the time
Doesn't ring a bell.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

something related to a coach, perhaps -- Frank Johnson?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought it was something about an African-American hobbit portrait? Something about a giant black Bilbo?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I thought it was something about an African-American hobbit portrait? Something about a giant black Bilbo?
I just laughed visibly loud at that and might have woken someone up.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I thought it was something about an African-American hobbit portrait? Something about a giant black Bilbo?
Not unless their eyes were open. ;)
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do yourself a favor and don't Google Image Search for "*il*o Baggins".

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Close, but no 'cigar.'

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Not unless their eyes were open. ;)
10/10

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Back then I talked to the Suns counsel (he called me directly after a strongly worded email I sent) to talk through it. Besides Mori being a dick (figuratively/literally), their stance was a common person may come to the site, and with all of the official images, believe it to be a site sponsored or run by the Suns org. That was why the banner came down and logo we see above was born. As cap said, it is a different world now.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Well, we know that someone in the Suns org was checking the site daily. The shit hit the fan fast. And that was before the days of official social media liaisons.

jonh

Post by jonh »

But we can never forget the greatness of Langhi's practice skills.