Suns News: Week 13 1/8-1/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 13 1/8-1/14

Post by carey »

Last Week's Games

vs. Atlanta WIN 104-103
@ Denver LOSS 134-111
@ San Antonio LOSS 103-89
vs. Oklahoma City WIN 114-100

This Week's Games

Friday, January 12th vs. Houston 10:30PM EST
Sunday, January 14th vs. Atlanta 8:00PM EST

Suns Stories

A double dose of Suns player highlights comin' at ya!

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

Bender is the youngest ever to post a 6/6/4/3 game: https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018 ... ss-jackson

The Leap: Devin Booker is a star and should be in the 2018 All-Star Game - http://arizonasports.com/story/1366719/ ... star-game/

Power rankings: Positive signs for Suns. - https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 768954001/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Re: Suns News: Week 13 1/8-1/14

Post by bajanguy008 »

I mean this isn't surprising to see Fitz reppin Devin but I still found it pretty cool cause Fitz is legend :)

https://twitter.com/LarryFitzgerald/status/950523170200735745

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I love it when the superstars converge.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What's really cool about those Jackson and Bender highlights is how often they intersect each other. They are really playing well together.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Does it count as a valid all-star vote if you just put their twitter handle and #NBAVote, like Fitzgerald did? Or do you have to write their full name?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:The Leap: Devin Booker is a star and should be in the 2018 All-Star Game - http://arizonasports.com/story/1366719/ ... star-game/
He playing like an allstar, but look at the west.

Curry-Durant-Klay-Green(ugh)-Harden-Paul-Kawhi-Aldridge-Butler-KAT-Westbrook-George-Lillard-Jokic-Davis-Cousins.

That's 16 beasts right there, with Griffin, Gobert, Booker and Gasol out of the playoffs. And McCollum from the Blazers.

He'd need what, three or four injuries?

carey

Post by carey »

Kawhi is injured and I think you can make a case that Booker is every bit as good as Klay, Lillard and McCollum right now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
carey wrote:The Leap: Devin Booker is a star and should be in the 2018 All-Star Game - http://arizonasports.com/story/1366719/ ... star-game/

Curry-Durant-Klay-Green(ugh)-Harden-Paul-Kawhi-Aldridge-Butler-KAT-Westbrook-George-Lillard-Jokic-Davis-Cousins.

That's 16 beasts right there, with Griffin, Gobert, Booker and Gasol out of the playoffs. And McCollum from the Blazers.

Guys Booker could possibly go ahead of:
Klay, Green, Paul, Kawhi, Aldridge, Jokic

I still think it's a stretch in the West, but sometimes guys get left out just because voters don't want to bring multiple guys from the same team.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kawhi and Paul won't have played enough games. I think it comes down to Lillard, Jokic, Klay, McCollum, and Devin. Only one of those guys gets in. Hard to see it being Devin.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

You guys really think there is a chance Klay is not selected?

Don't you think Kawhi and Paul get in by the coaches? Kawhi maybe, with this new injury.

Also, Lillard has the numbers and the Blazers are in the playoffs. It would be a major snub if he was left out.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:

Guys Booker could possibly go ahead of:
Klay, Green, Paul, Kawhi, Aldridge, Jokic

I still think it's a stretch in the West, but sometimes guys get left out just because voters don't want to bring multiple guys from the same team.
Was watching highlights last night and the NBATV guy said Oladipo should be an all-star. Well, if he should, Devin should. Screw West/East.
"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:You guys really think there is a chance Klay is not selected?

Don't you think Kawhi and Paul get in by the coaches? Kawhi maybe, with this new injury.

Also, Lillard has the numbers and the Blazers are in the playoffs. It would be a major snub if he was left out.
I don't think Kahwai gets in. He has had just too many injuries.
Paul gets in.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kawhi has played like 5 games all year, there's not a chance he makes it. Paul has played like half the games and has been really good, but not good enough to get in with how many games he missed. McCollum won't get in because Lillard is better.

I think it's probably for to Klay and Lillard for the last spot. Should go to Lillard.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:You guys really think there is a chance Klay is not selected?

Who do you leave off, then?

Klay is out simply because folks wont want to have 4 Warriors. I think it's possible (but less likely) Draymond misses for the same reason.

Kawhi has barely played.

Chris Paul was not an allstar last year. This year his numbers are down, his role is smaller, and his team was really good while he was out with injuries.

I agree about Lillard.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just looked through the numbers and there's no way Lillard gets left off. He's got Booker matched or beat in points, rebounds, and assists. His shooting numbers, outside of free throws, are lower but not by a lot. Plus his team is in the playoffs. Portland would have to fall off and we'd have to go on a major run and Booker would have to be the one doing most the work. Even still, I think Klay would be the next up if Portland/Lillard falter. Klay is probably having his best season, career high shooting numbers and putting up 21 a game.

For the record, I don't think the warriors deserve 4 all stars and I don't like the argument that Klay could do more if he wasn't surrounded by MVP's, so let's put him on the team. Truth is he doesn't do more. 20/4/2 vs 25/4/4. Klay shoots a higher percentage but he also gets much cleaner looks. But, most people won't see it like that and Klay will get in over Booker.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hot take: Booker is top 12 in the West. We know it. The rest of the NBA just doesn't see him enough to know it.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

My 12:
Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, Harden, Booker
Durant, Butler
Aldridge, Jokic, Jordan, Cousins, Davis (I hate having 2 players from NOP, but who do you leave off?)

Honorable Mention
Thompson, Green (these 2 together could not lead GSW to a playoff spot - they are great role players)
Chris Paul (I hate leaving him off, but he's not playing an all-star role this year)
Kawhi - injuries
KAT - 2nd best player on his team. Next year.
Paul George - 2nd best player on his team, and they are under-performing. But maybe he should be there ahead of one of the big guys.
Blake Griffin - Injuries
Ingram - A couple of years out
Gasol - Looks like his time as an allstar has ended
Conley - injuries

Not an all-star
McCullum
Jrue Holiday
Gobert
Donovan Mitchell
Warren
Harrison Barnes
Old Dirk

Could our second 12 beat the East's best 12?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:Hot take: Booker is top 12 in the West. We know it. The rest of the NBA just doesn't see him enough to know it.
I think all the former players int he media see it. Coaches might see it, too. It will be hard to ignore our record, though.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Booker will play in plenty of All-Star games before he's through. This isn't his year, though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Superbone wrote:Hot take: Booker is top 12 in the West. We know it. The rest of the NBA just doesn't see him enough to know it.
I think all the former players int he media see it. Coaches might see it, too. It will be hard to ignore our record, though.
Yeah, wasn't talking about our record. He's top 12 in the West period.
"Be Legendary."