Around the League: Week 13 1/8-1/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Around the League: Week 13 1/8-1/14

Post by carey »

Nationally televised games this week

Monday: Milwaukee @ indiana 7:00 PM EST NBATv
Tuesday: Portland @ Oklahoma City 8:00 PM EST NBATv, Sacramento @ L.A. Lakers 10:30 PM EST NBATv
Wednesday: Oklahoma City @ Minnesota 8:00 PM EST ESPN, L.A. Clippers @ Golden State 10:30 PM EST ESPN
Thursday: Boston @ Philadelphia 3:00 PM EST NBATv, Cleveland @ Toronto 8:00 PM EST TNT, San Antonio @ L.A. Lakers 10:30 PM EST TNT
Friday: Golden State @ Milwaukee 8:00 PM EST ESPN, Houston @ Phoenix 10:30 PM EST ESPN
Saturday: None.
Sunday: Portland @ Minnesota 9:00 PM EST NBATv

NBA News

D.A. columns for the week. Kawhi has a partial tear in his shoulder & will miss some time: http://sbnation.cmail19.com/t/d-l-oldhikl-puummik-b/

The six most gonzo things from the Ball brothers press conference in Lithuania: http://sbnation.cmail19.com/t/d-l-oldhikl-puummik-q/

The impossibility of beating the Warriors while playing like the Warriors: https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/5/16852 ... -wolverine
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Re: Around the League: Week 13 1/8-1/14

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/GeraldBourguet/status/950418347417509888

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I would love to have Nance.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:I would love to have Nance.
Chriss for Nance?
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for the thread, Carey.

That's a bummer about Kawhi. I'm kind of rooting for the Spurs as an underdog WCF contender, but if they aren't healthy, there's no way.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’m kind of rooting for the Lakers this year. Their pick is going to convey to either the Celtics or Sixers and the last thing the league needs is either of those teams getting another top-5 pick.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Chriss for Nance?
I like Nance, but what is his ceiling? He's already 25, he's an 8/5 guy. He's definitely a better defender than Chriss, but is that worth the 5 year age difference on this squad? Just being objective here, I think LA would jump all over that.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Chriss for Nance?
I like Nance, but what is his ceiling? He's already 25, he's an 8/5 guy. He's definitely a better defender than Chriss, but is that worth the 5 year age difference on this squad? Just being objective here, I think LA would jump all over that.
Agreed. I like Nance. And I have no problem trading Chriss. Just not for Nance, alone at least.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:I’m kind of rooting for the Lakers this year. Their pick is going to convey to either the Celtics or Sixers and the last thing the league needs is either of those teams getting another top-5 pick.
The League would LOVE it if either team got a star. More competition always picks up interest, and in this case it would come from two of the most stories franchises in the business. Each story would be great, particularly Philly after their journey across the desert and how much hype there is around Embiid and Simmons.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Please god, don't let Kawhi start to break down.

Oh, and it is impossible winning against the Warriors while playing like the Warriors because they have freaking Kevin Durant now. Houston is probably the only team remotely close, but GSW are just too overpowered. Only injuries or ego/money can stop them (with a remote chance for LeBron the next what, two years?) Durant is the single most impactful move in the moder era, perhaps ever. Only LeBron going to the Rockets (or Spurs, maybe) would top that aberration.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Not that I'm rooting for injuries but I'm definitely not bummed out if the Spurs have to deal with some bad luck for a change. They were beyond spoiled during the Duncan years.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

EDC wrote:Not that I'm rooting for injuries but I'm definitely not bummed out if the Spurs have to deal with some bad luck for a change. They were beyond spoiled during the Duncan years.
I just hope that they sell for a ton of money to a Dan Gilbert type owner, who wants to do it all his way instead of current culture.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Jones Jr got the start tonight for Miami

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:Jones Jr got the start tonight for Miami
Good luck, DJJ!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Good luck, DJJ!
Cool. Just set up a recording to check it out later.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I’m kind of rooting for the Lakers this year. Their pick is going to convey to either the Celtics or Sixers and the last thing the league needs is either of those teams getting another top-5 pick.
The League would LOVE it if either team got a star. More competition always picks up interest, and in this case it would come from two of the most stories franchises in the business. Each story would be great, particularly Philly after their journey across the desert and how much hype there is around Embiid and Simmons.
I just mean those teams have enough studs. As a team that’s on the same approximate timeline as they are it would hurt to see them land one of the studs from this draft to add to their coffers.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

O_Gardino wrote:
Good luck, DJJ!

https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/950902378252791808

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Helicopter mode!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good for him. Finished with 8 points. He belongs in the league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
I just mean those teams have enough studs. As a team that’s on the same approximate timeline as they are it would hurt to see them land one of the studs from this draft to add to their coffers.
Ah, got it.