Game Day: Pacers (22-20) @ Suns (16-27), Sun 1/14/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Hermen

Re: Game Day: Pacers (22-20) @ Suns (16-27), Sun 1/14/18

Post by Hermen »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Cap wrote:How much trade value does he have, really? I'd be happy to trade him if the return is significant, but I wouldn't trade him just to trade him.
You can get an expiring plus a legitimate second round pick in 2019 or 2020 for sure. Perhaps a prospect that has fallen out of favor. Or a lowly 1stR if the other team is in the playoffs for sure and sending back a non expiring deal.

In any case, trading him has more benefits than whatever asset we can get as this would allow us playing Davon Reed.
If McD gets a lowly 1st round pick for Daniels he should get a statue. Not a chance IMO, unless there's a very bad contract coming the other way but at that point the pick is not for Daniels, it's for cap space.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

You are probably right. But Daniels still has to be moved to make room for Reed.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Cap wrote:How much trade value does he have, really? I'd be happy to trade him if the return is significant, but I wouldn't trade him just to trade him.
You can get an expiring plus a legitimate second round pick in 2019 or 2020 for sure. Perhaps a prospect that has fallen out of favor. Or a lowly 1stR if the other team is in the playoffs for sure and sending back a non expiring deal.

In any case, trading him has more benefits than whatever asset we can get as this would allow us playing Davon Reed.
If Reed can play, I'm all for it. My only concern is the development of Booker. We need somebody out there who defenses have to respect at range, just to give Booker some room to move.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Surprised folks are so high on Davon Reed. I haven't really seen anything out of him to indicate that he'll be good yet. What makes you so confident that Reed is better long-term than Daniels?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

For me, you've got a solid 4 year college player (which I love), great size for the 2 and can play some 3, nice all around skillset, great length. He really impressed me in SL with his defense and his ball handling ability, which was a supposed weakness.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Hermen wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:

If McD gets a lowly 1st round pick for Daniels he should get a statue. Not a chance IMO, unless there's a very bad contract coming the other way but at that point the pick is not for Daniels, it's for cap space.
It was just a few months ago that Memphis gave US a 2nd round pick just to take on Daniels' salary.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Surprised folks are so high on Davon Reed. I haven't really seen anything out of him to indicate that he'll be good yet. What makes you so confident that Reed is better long-term than Daniels?
1) We have Reed under (non-guaranteed) contract for 3 years for less than $4M.
2) Daniels costs nearly that much for next year alone, which is his last year. More valuable to someone else than us.
3) I don't see Daniels as being good at anything besides hitting long 3s, which has dropped off as of late.
4) What Shel said.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Surprised folks are so high on Davon Reed.
I'm not. I just think you need to play the players you draft, especially when you aren't good.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote: 3) I don't see Daniels as being good at anything besides hitting long 3s, which has dropped off as of late.
Exactly. I whether Suns had Troy Williams, who has shown the ability to fill it up from 3, but also has freakish athleticism and good length.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.