Suns News: Week 14 1/15-1/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Week 14 1/15-1/21

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:Booker received the 4th most votes among players deserving of an All-Star birth.

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/954131340395298818

For guards.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TJ Warren ranks 4th in PER amongst SF. Can you name the other 3? Antetokounmpo counts as a PF by the way.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:TJ Warren ranks 4th in PER amongst SF. Can you name the other 3? Antetokounmpo counts as a PF by the way.
I shall name the other 3 Billy, Joe, Jim, and Bob.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:TJ Warren ranks 4th in PER amongst SF. Can you name the other 3? Antetokounmpo counts as a PF by the way.
LeBron, Durant and... George? Tobias Harris? Otto? Middleton? Tatum?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Lebron and Durant are way ahead of everyone else. I can't name the 3rd one because this site won't let me.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:Lebron and Durant are way ahead of everyone else. I can't name the 3rd one because this site won't let me.
??

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:Lebron and Durant are way ahead of everyone else. I can't name the 3rd one because this site won't let me.
MyKale BeastLay?

Isn't he playing PF, and not enough minutes to qualify for this kind of discussion?

Warren is the 3rd best, then.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I think he's playing 25-30 minutes lately. Don't know how many of them at SF though.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just going off of how ESPN categorizes them Beasley qualifies by their standards and they list him as a sf.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Woah, Beasley.

I guess talent trends to get a way to some extent. Gerald Green is doing great on the Rockets too.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Hermen wrote:I think he's playing 25-30 minutes lately. Don't know how many of them at SF though.
He's averaging 19, which is more than I thought and I guess that should qualify him for advanced stats.

According to BKref, he has played 89% of his minutes at PF this year. We are the only team that really tried to play him exclusively at SF. MIN and MIA tried him as a combo where he had time at both spots.

(Don't tell potential trade partners, but PER is almost identical to Points per 36. Basically it just tells you that a guy scores a lot while he is on the floor.)

HEY POTENTIAL TRADE PARTNERS: WARREN IS THE 3RD BEST SF IN THE NBA. PLEASE SEND US OFFERS FOR THE 3RD BEST PG OR 3RD BEST PF.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
Hermen wrote:I think he's playing 25-30 minutes lately. Don't know how many of them at SF though.
He's averaging 19, which is more than I thought and I guess that should qualify him for advanced stats.

According to BKref, he has played 89% of his minutes at PF this year. We are the only team that really tried to play him exclusively at SF. MIN and MIA tried him as a combo where he had time at both spots.

(Don't tell potential trade partners, but PER is almost identical to Points per 36. Basically it just tells you that a guy scores a lot while he is on the floor.)

HEY POTENTIAL TRADE PARTNERS: WARREN IS THE 3RD BEST SF IN THE NBA. PLEASE SEND US OFFERS FOR THE 3RD BEST PG OR 3RD BEST PF.
Especially since this league is dominated by SFs.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

Think Gordon Hayward is good? Warren has scored 413X the points that Hayward has scored this year. What's more, Warren has scored more than Hayward, Lebron, and Durant COMBINED (and divided by 3)!!!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Lol

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

Think Gordon Hayward is good? Warren has scored 413X the points that Hayward has scored this year. What's more, Warren has scored more than Hayward, Lebron, and Durant COMBINED (and divided by 3)!!!
Haha! His value is way higher than the average idiot fans thinks.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
I shall name the other 3 Billy, Joe, Jim, and Bob.
LOL 9/10. Went from an 8 to a 9 with 4th name out of 3.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If you want to torture yourself, read this article on Kerr and MikeD, along with some insight from Welts and Gentry. Weird how everyone moved on and eventually found success and we've been bottom dwellers for the most part. But hey, you get what you pay for right Sarvs?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/19/ ... n-phoenix/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Even though I hated Knights play the last couple years, I haven’t totally given up on him yet. I’d like to see how he would do under Triano and alongside a now more refined Booker. I’d give him a chance anyway to redeem himself. It would also be nice to redeem something out of that lousy trade.
"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

ShelC wrote:If you want to torture yourself, read this article on Kerr and MikeD, along with some insight from Welts and Gentry. Weird how everyone moved on and eventually found success and we've been bottom dwellers for the most part. But hey, you get what you pay for right Sarvs?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/19/ ... n-phoenix/
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Reed's recovery must not be there yet. He has been reassigned to NAZ.
"Be Legendary."