Game Day: Suns (16-28) @ Blazers (22-21), Tues 1/16/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Game Day: Suns (16-28) @ Blazers (22-21), Tues 1/16/18

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:43/8/6 for Booker. Scored 21 in final 8 minutes or so
If he would have hit that last 3 instead of an air ball...

Don't forget 2 steals and a block.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:43/8/6 for Booker. Scored 21 in final 8 minutes or so
If he would have hit that last 3 instead of an air ball...

Don't forget 2 steals and a block.
Woulda been a 4 point game

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

43 is impressive, but most importantly, we got that L.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Anthony Davis's 45 in overtime is the top NBA headline
Booker's 43, with 21 in the last 8 of regulation is nowhere on my NBA news page.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:Suns putting up a fight. Had it down to 10
The NBA TV guys were disappointed we weren't competing. As in not playing good defense and making it too easy on the Blazers. That was all true and something this team needs to learn how to do consistently. That said, they finally started competing half way through the 3rd quarter but of course by then it was too late. At least we know they can do it. The next step is to do it consistently and from the start of a game. But Booker did put on a show to end the ballgame.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:Suns putting up a fight. Had it down to 10
The NBA TV guys were disappointed we weren't competing. As in not playing good defense and making it too easy on the Blazers. That was all true and something this team needs to learn how to do consistently. That said, they finally started competing half way through the 3rd quarter but of course by then it was too late. At least we know they can do it. The next step is to do it consistently and from the start of a game. But Booker did put on a show to end the ballgame.
Gotta watch for those individual performances. The team as a whole is rough.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

1tinsoldier wrote:Anthony Davis's 45 in overtime is the top NBA headline
Booker's 43, with 21 in the last 8 of regulation is nowhere on my NBA news page.
A) AD got the win against a much better team, and in OT.
B) Booker's scoring run came when the game was already out of hand, and it took all that scoring just to make it less embarrassing.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I don't know who else is on EST or AST time zones but I'm embarrassed at my struggles to watch games this season. These 11:30PM start times are nothing new to me and I have made it a habit in recent years to even stay up til the late games finished for fantasy news/pickups :lol: . must be the diet :? , I would not say getting old because I younger than most here :oops:

All I saw last night was Josh alley then we were quickly down 7, then I woke up to see Devin cutting the lead to 9 late. Anyways was watching the game just now assuming that was the deficit most of the night, so yea that 3rd quarter was fairly brutal but I was glad the guys made a run. To your point Indy , Daniels barrage came at the start of the 4th and we basically cut the lead from 22 to 10 and Stotts immediately brought back the starters so I don't think we necessarily made the score respectable only in garbage time. foul trouble more than anything resulted in Josh having a quiet game so we'll see how next game goes.

Is anyone else as tired of Tyson as me sigh smh. the article about him wanting to play two more years makes me nervous
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

bajanguy008 wrote:Is anyone else as tired of Tyson as me sigh smh. the article about him wanting to play two more years makes me nervous
Chandler needs to ride the pine. Want to mentor? Do it from the bench. Enjoy your mew job as the world's most expensive babysitter/security guard.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:Is anyone else as tired of Tyson as me sigh smh. the article about him wanting to play two more years makes me nervous
Chandler needs to ride the pine. Want to mentor? Do it from the bench. Enjoy your mew job as the world's most expensive babysitter/security guard.
YES! Hoping this happens once Williams is back. HAven't heard anything on him lately. Tired of Chandler's 2 points 7 rebounds every night when five of them drop straight to him anyway. He's getting torched in D alot more now also. Would rather have Monroe's passing and post offense.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Chandler isn't converting the lobs like he used to this season. He's really done, like it or not. I honestly don't know why we don't see more Monroe.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

Monroe is probably our 2nd or 3rd best player. And we choose to play him once in a blue moon...