2018 Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:I don't understand what turns people off from Mo Bamba.
I think I've seen some of his poorer performances, but his offense hasn't looked good to me. His jumpshot needs a lot of work and he's been kinda passive around the rim in games I've seen. I'm intrigued by his defensive potential, but I haven't seen much to convince me he'll be a good offensive player. I'll keep watching though

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

A defensive big with limited offensive ability is not someone I’m gonna get excited about in a draft unless that is the only thing my team is missing.

Nobody is building a team centered around defensive big men. If you do, you’re destined to fail.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Weird. I don't see him as a defensive big man. Sure, he has the gaudy shot-blocking numbers, but I don't think that will translate to the pros.

He's a 7 footer that moves like a guard and already has a perimeter touch. I would expect that a 7 foot freshman would still need to work on his jumper; I'm not sure there is a 7-footer that has had finished-product jump shooting game. He is putting the ball on the floor, driving from the perimeter and finishing at the rim in the halfcourt. I don't see him as limited offensively at all. He certainly isn't a finished product, but I'm getting what some of you are seeing or not seeing.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

INFORMER wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:i'd trade anyone but Booker plus the next year's (top 5 protected) pick if it resulted in Trae Young. and if we come out of the draft without him, i'm disappointing.

no one has impacted this league this decade more than Curry with his kind of skill set.
I think you're getting carried away here. First, the Warriors are a phenomenal team; Steph Currym isn't a Michael Jordan or Tim Duncan talent in that you put him on a team and the team is an instant contender. Secondly, I'm not sure how Steph Curry has impacted the league more than LeBron James.

I think anyone targeting Trae Young under the influence of a Steph Curry Euphoria is setting themselves up for failure.
i can't disagree. Lebron, like Jordan is a given -- arguably the best ever. Duncan had an instant impact.
and no one should expect Trae to be the next Curry
but even if he's close, he's my pick. there are no Lebron's or Duncans in this draft either.

my love for the game is linked to the pg position. Magic, Nash in particular. leaders. guys who make their teammates better
a big brute who can bully the court is a value indeed, but it's almost like cheating
for me, the real magic happens when a master of the art of basketball runs the show

if Trae is not ours, i will surely have to endure 15 years of envy

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:If we don’t come away from this draft with Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, I will be very disappointed. Yes I would absolutely trade anybody on this team not named Booker or Jackson to move up to grab them. You win in this league with superstars. They are the 3 with the highest ceilings and floors.

Bagley is probably the safest player in the draft. Guy looks like a 20/10 guy for the next 12 years, but he creates an awkward fit defensively. He'll rebound, but we'd need Bender or Chriss to develop into reliable rim protectors next to him, or find one elsewhere.
Bagley will surprise with his rim protection if he needs too, but you play him at 4 and take Robinson with Miami's pick for rim protection as he graded much higher than anyone in EYBL play, including Bamba.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It's really surprising to see how hard you're pushing Mitchell Robinson, In2.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:If we don’t come away from this draft with Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, I will be very disappointed. Yes I would absolutely trade anybody on this team not named Booker or Jackson to move up to grab them. You win in this league with superstars. They are the 3 with the highest ceilings and floors.

Bagley is probably the safest player in the draft. Guy looks like a 20/10 guy for the next 12 years, but he creates an awkward fit defensively. He'll rebound, but we'd need Bender or Chriss to develop into reliable rim protectors next to him, or find one elsewhere.
Bagley will surprise with his rim protection if he needs too, but you play him at 4 and take Robinson with Miami's pick for rim protection as he graded much higher than anyone in EYBL play, including Bamba.
From the clips I have watched of Mitchell, he moves strangely. Flat-footed and stiffly. Scares me. That kind of gait leads to injuries.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:It's really surprising to see how hard you're pushing Mitchell Robinson, In2.
He played for Chalmette which is where my ex-wife is from. :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:

So, you're saying he passes the EYBL test?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:It's really surprising to see how hard you're pushing Mitchell Robinson, In2.
Yeah, I just think he's going to be a steal at a spot where the Suns can swing for the fences with a second pick. He could turn into a fantastic role playing rebounder/shot blocker/rim runner type big.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:

So, you're saying he passes the EYBL test?
Haha!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Yeah, I just think he's going to be a steal at a spot where the Suns can swing for the fences with a second pick. He could turn into a fantastic role playing rebounder/shot blocker/rim runner type big.
I don't know. I like my basketball players to actually play basketball. If he doesn't compete at the Draft Combine scrimmages, I really have no interest in him unless it's in the 2nd round.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just felt like he didn't deliver the Hope and Change he promised, especially after 8 full years in office.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
I just felt like he didn't deliver the Hope and Change he promised, especially after 8 full years in office.
Mo Bamba, Mo Bamba, Mo Bamba! Le Trump.
"Be Legendary."