2018 Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Yo, what if LeBron comes to play with Booker? Ha!

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

The Bobster wrote:
Shabazz wrote:He's better than you guys are giving him credit for. And we have leverage over the Lakers to get another asset too.
He's getting paid $26 million over the next two years and he's not a starter-quality point guard.

And what are the Lakers going to throw in? Randle?
And we're paying 15m per year for three more years to a PG who could safely be replaced with a corpse. Point?

Split T

Post by Split T »

So because we're wasting money on Knight it's ok to waste money on Clarkson? That logic doesn't make sense

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Split T wrote:So because we're wasting money on Knight it's ok to waste money on Clarkson? That logic doesn't make sense
Point being that in the grand scheme of things, Clarkson's contract isn't actually that terrible. He certainly produces more than Chandler, Knight, or Dudley. I'd swap any of those three for Clarkson.

Split T

Post by Split T »

That's fair. I'm not opposed to Clarkson. I'd definitely rather have him than Knight. I wouldn't be too excited about adding his contract though without moving a similar one

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

29 points (on 19 shots), 10 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 steals for SpecialSauce's guy Clarkson today.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:29 points (on 19 shots), 10 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 steals for SpecialSauce's guy Clarkson today.
"But he's a sg, not good enough to be a starting pg in this league." - heard parroted throughput the land.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Our SG initiates (and should) the majority of our offense. We don't need a traditional PG to play alongside him.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I'm not opposed to Kemba, but don't want to give up a lot for him, including flexibility this off-season. If it's Monroe for Kemba straight up, of course I would take it. If it's Monroe + a protected pick, then OK. But I'm not taking on Kemba, a bad contract, and giving up a prospect and a pick. I want to see what's available this summer.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:Our SG initiates (and should) the majority of our offense. We don't need a traditional PG to play alongside him.
That's true, but Clarkson still isn't the guy you want next to Booker. Clarkson is a 1st guard off the bench guy.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Clarkson feels to me like another Knight or Bledsoe move. He puts up numbers, but he's not that good. No thanks.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ideally our next PG would be above league-starting-PG-average at two of the following three skills:

- passing
- shooting
- defense

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Ideally our next PG would be above league-starting-PG-average at two of the following three skills:

- passing
- shooting
- defense
Choose passing and shooting. There's plenty of quantitative evidence that PGs have a limited effect on team defense compared with your front court positions.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wormwood wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Ideally our next PG would be above league-starting-PG-average at two of the following three skills:

- passing
- shooting
- defense
Choose passing and shooting. There's plenty of quantitative evidence that PGs have a limited effect on team defense compared with your front court positions.
Wow, I agree with Worm on this one. I really doubt that you are going to find all three traits in the next pg.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

There's a few guys in this draft that project to possibly be those types of PG. Shai Alexander, Nickiel Alexander-Walker, Landry shamet, Bruce Brown, deanthony melton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Shooting and Defense next to Booker, I’d I had to choose 2.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shooting should be a priority this offseason. Up and down the roster. No excuses.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Split T wrote:There's a few guys in this draft that project to possibly be those types of PG. Shai Alexander, Nickiel Alexander-Walker, Landry shamet, Bruce Brown, deanthony melton
Shamet is a nice looking pg. Excellent shooting, good distributor, not a bad defender. He is not a #1 option type. He is sort of a Brogdon type of pg.

Comparison of pg's in this draft not named Trae Young.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compar ... dry-shamet

I am still really intrigued with Bamba. His absolute floor is a more mobile Rudy Gobert. I don't think you can miss picking him with that length.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Split T wrote:There's a few guys in this draft that project to possibly be those types of PG. Shai Alexander, Nickiel Alexander-Walker, Landry shamet, Bruce Brown, deanthony melton
Shamet is a nice looking pg. Excellent shooting, good distributor, not a bad defender. He is not a #1 option type. He is sort of a Brogdon type of pg.

Comparison of pg's in this draft not named Trae Young.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compar ... dry-shamet

I am still really intrigued with Bamba. His absolute floor is a more mobile Rudy Gobert. I don't think you can miss picking him with that length.
Everything points towards him be a really good kid too. He certainly has the potential to transform an NBA defense. I also think he has the highest potential to flop in the NBA. I currently have him ranked 5th and I would be delighted if we could add him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:Shooting should be a priority this offseason. Up and down the roster. No excuses.
I agree. I really think we should literally sign zero players who are not good shooters. It's a glaring weakness on our roster. If we had 1-2 more good shooters in the rotation, we could actually win a few games.