Game Day: Spurs (34-21) @ Suns (18-37), Wed 2/7/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Spurs (34-21) @ Suns (18-37), Wed 2/7/18

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks, moron!!!!!!!!11

(jk <3) :)

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

It’s so funny to see how a blow out makes many people to take the forks, the torches and run off a cliff!!!

We like to pretend as fancy knowledgeable fans, and yet we can’t stomach the rigors of a full season of tanking. It was inexcusable the level of effort, and the poorly execution, I’m as mad as anyone on this turd of gameplay, but let’s stop fooling ourselves about this team being ready to compete with the top of the crop, our pride blind us from recognizing that it was a duel between a cellar dweller and a title contender, who was expecting something different than a blowout?

We want to blow it up and we got our wish, without recognizing the new reality that was about to unfold league wide. And yet, we have Booker as the foundation of our own super team, if the Stars (pun intended) align in the right way, and that would be even with McD or Sarver onboard, like it didn’t matter with the Cleveland owner Lebron to start a super team, and also didn’t matter with Pat Riley and Miami to ended. The Spurs have already witnessed Year One of life without Timmy attracting new Stars, and when the times comes, it won’t matter with Kerr & Co. In an Era of Players recruiting Players, free agency t is about the players already there and how that helps your personal brand, not about the desire of joining to an organization, teams are just platforms in this new era.

The average Star have shifted their mindset in a time when we were one of the teams without a chair (SuperStar) when the music (old time recruiting) stopped. This mindset, but ten years ago, and we would have been the Warriors, with Stars lining up to form a super team with Steve, Amare and Marion, home brewed Joe J pulling a Klay in order to stay in a relevant team, and such. The approach taken by JJ and Klay ilustrates my point. But it’s not only us, players no longer want to sign a or stay on teams that required a Titan to take off the ground.

Remember Kidd on that Nets’ team? He took on the mission of make them respectable and succeed, or Steve Nash coming to Phoenix to prove himself and the league that he was worthy of the “Franchise” label, but far from walk into a clear contender. How long since the last time a player not named Lebron took that approach?

We are the Bruno Caboclo of the league today, interesting potential, have the seeds to grow into a contender, but still two years away from being two years away, like the Cavs just the year prior to their King return. But he did it for marketing reasons and raw believing that he would be enough to put them over the top, but that’s it. He won’t do that again.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

I really hope we're not Caboclo.
He's away no because of the years, but how he behaves.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Danimal wrote:peters sighting

wheres reed?
I had hope for Peters but he has been unable to buy a basket in his short NBA career.
I still have hope that the Suns may have something good with Peters. I hope he continues to get time the rest of the season and is given an opportunity to impress in Summer League.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I still don't regret not trading for Kyrie.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Thanks, moron!!!!!!!!11

(jk <3) :)
:o

<old lady voice> Why, I never!!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan