Game Day: Nuggets (29-26) @ Suns (18-38), Sat 2/10/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Game Day: Nuggets (29-26) @ Suns (18-38), Sat 2/10/18

Post by O_Gardino »

OK, one more encouraging stat from this game (quick before the Warriors bring us back to reality):

We had very balanced usage % among our top young guys. Basically, this stat shows what we saw with our eyes - the ball moved and everybody was involved.

Warren: 22.6
Jackson: 22.6
Payton: 21.4
Bender: 23.7
Chriss: 23.2

Season averages:
Warren: 25.2
Jackson: 24.8
Chriss: 17.3
Bender: 13.0

I'll be watching this number over the rest of the season.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:OK, one more encouraging stat from this game (quick before the Warriors bring us back to reality):
:lol:
O_Gardino wrote: We had very balanced usage % among our top young guys. Basically, this stat shows what we saw with our eyes - the ball moved and everybody was involved.

Warren: 22.6
Jackson: 22.6
Payton: 21.4
Bender: 23.7
Chriss: 23.2

Season averages:
Warren: 25.2
Jackson: 24.8
Chriss: 17.3
Bender: 13.0

I'll be watching this number over the rest of the season.
You would have to consider Booker's abscence as well, but still, is a good sign

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I said dump Daniels because someone who works for the Suns donned Reed “the backup 2 guard of the future” Can’t remember who said it but I remember reading it in a Suns article more than once.

With that being said...Daniels is clearly cutting into Reeds minutes now that he’s healthy. Reading between the lines the whole season said that Daniels was just keeping the spot warm for Reed until he came back.

I don’t dislike Daniels really. I don’t really have all that high hope for Reed. But if this franchise has dropped hints that Reed is the back up they envision them let’s see what he’s got. We know what Daniels is capable of. Just wanting a pick in lieu of waiving him this summer when the team clears all the cap holds to go after their “marquee free agent”
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

djy2j wrote:I said dump Daniels because someone who works for the Suns donned Reed “the backup 2 guard of the future” Can’t remember who said it but I remember reading it in a Suns article more than once.

With that being said...Daniels is clearly cutting into Reeds minutes now that he’s healthy. Reading between the lines the whole season said that Daniels was just keeping the spot warm for Reed until he came back.

I don’t dislike Daniels really. I don’t really have all that high hope for Reed. But if this franchise has dropped hints that Reed is the back up they envision them let’s see what he’s got. We know what Daniels is capable of. Just wanting a pick in lieu of waiving him this summer when the team clears all the cap holds to go after their “marquee free agent”
Like Chandler and Dudley, Daniels just doesn't move the needle when he's out there, so there isn't much point in playing him over young prospects. He kind of reminds me of Craig Hodges or Steve Kerr in that he's a great shooter who isn't a prolific scorer and can't do much else - a nice luxury for a 50-win team, no help at all for a 50-loss team.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

O_Gardino wrote:OK, one more encouraging stat from this game (quick before the Warriors bring us back to reality)
THUD!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695