Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:Put it this way....if the roster is your "body" and ownership/management is your "mind"....well the body is nothing without the mind. We can have more individual talent, which we've had in recent years, but if that talent doesn't mesh then what's the point? We've have talent on the roster, but if management and the coaching staff can't figure out what to do with it or screw up relationships, what's the point? If we can't establish an identity, what's the point? Can you honestly say we have a good culture around this organization? Or any culture for that matter? We've had Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic, Isaiah Thomas, the Morris Bros...all of whom are arguably more talented than anyone on the Nets roster the past 3 years, but where are they?

We have a ton of young talent in Booker, Warren, Jackson, Chriss, Bender and Payton. Are these the seeds to building a strong contending team? I can't say for sure. Booker's the most talented player between both rosters. But DAR's been playing well for the Nets and LeVert and Dinwiddie have developed into solid guards. The nets have RHJ, Joe Harris, DeMarre Carrol (a vet who can actually play). They need a lot of help up front, but once they get that squared away they'll rise quickly. They have Toronto's pick this year plus what should be a high 2nd rounder (either the Lakers' or Magic pick), their own pick next year and in 2020, so the draft pick situation isn't as dire as it seems.

I just think it all starts at the top, and that's where we've really been lacking.
I don't think everything is as it seems in many eyes. I think we'll see what McD has been up to and what he has been accumulating assets for and being patient for this summer. Word is starting to trickle out of AD, that he might be looking to get out of NO soon. It might be this summer, next summer, or in free agency in 2020. I'll make up my mind after this summer whether I feel McD has what it takes or not.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Re: RE: Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote: I don't think everything is as it seems in many eyes. I think we'll see what McD has been up to and what he has been accumulating assets for and being patient for this summer. Word is starting to trickle out of AD, that he might be looking to get out of NO soon. It might be this summer, next summer, or in free agency in 2020. I'll make up my mind after this summer whether I feel McD has what it takes or not.
Depends on what NO does with Boogie this Summer really.

If they pay the tax to keep him then AD will stay. If they cheap out I'm sure he is gone.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I assume Cousins will be in LA next year. No reason for it, But that's what I feel is going to happen.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Re: RE: Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
In2ition wrote: I don't think everything is as it seems in many eyes. I think we'll see what McD has been up to and what he has been accumulating assets for and being patient for this summer. Word is starting to trickle out of AD, that he might be looking to get out of NO soon. It might be this summer, next summer, or in free agency in 2020. I'll make up my mind after this summer whether I feel McD has what it takes or not.
Depends on what NO does with Boogie this Summer really.

If they pay the tax to keep him then AD will stay. If they cheap out I'm sure he is gone.
I'm sure they'll try to resign him. They are stuck in a lot of ways though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

No doubt NOP will try to resign Cousins, but he is unrestricted and can go anywhere.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

O_Gardino wrote:I assume Cousins will be in LA next year. No reason for it, But that's what I feel is going to happen.
yes. and i'd rather him than a few others. he's probably not enough to entice the Lebron move.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

1tinsoldier wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:I assume Cousins will be in LA next year. No reason for it, But that's what I feel is going to happen.
yes. and i'd rather him than a few others. he's probably not enough to entice the Lebron move.
Still no evidence, but I don't expect to see Lebron on the Lakers next year. He will surprise everyone and stay in Cleveland, or go to the Clippers, or go back to Miami.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I could see him going to Philly

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Yeah, I could see that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

If he wants to both win championships and get paid, Philly is a good option, probably his best option.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

For some reason I think he'll end up in NY at some point.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Eh, I'm not sure what Simmons could contribute with LeBron on the team.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:For some reason I think he'll end up in NY at some point.
I don't think he'll go to the Lakers of Knicks because I think he likes being the biggest fish in the bowl. In Cleveland, the franchise and fans have to meet his expectations. In NY, he has to live up to theirs.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hermen wrote:Eh, I'm not sure what Simmons could contribute with LeBron on the team.
It'd be an adjustment for sure, but can you imagine trying to defend a lineup of LeBron/Simmons/Covington/Saric/Embiid?