Suns Coach 2018-19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

So who do you want to see as a coach in 2018-19 (and beyond)?

Grass isn't always greener: Triano--What more could you ask with the group of guys we had this year and the development we have seen?
13%
Tried and true: Previous NBA head coach with bona fides / playoff wins
46%
Make the jump: Current NCAA head coach with bona fides / good tourny showings
10%
Shake it up: New coach from the assistant ranks across the league
18%
You make the call:Your poll options suck, Indy
13%

Total votes: 39

UglyTruth

Re: Suns Coach 2018-19

Post by UglyTruth »

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/992161955468271621

Make it Majerle, Budenholzer and Fizdale who all decided to give Robert Sarver the middle finger.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

UglyTruth wrote:So, where are the people who didn't believe that Fizdale declined the Suns offer?
Who cares? Besides, nobody said they didn't believe it, they just said there had been no confirmation which there hadn't been. Besides, I'm happier with Kokoskov.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

UglyTruth wrote:

Make it Majerle, Budenholzer and Fizdale who all decided to give Robert Sarver the middle finger.
I'm listening to Majerle right now on AZ Sports radio, he definitely didn't give Sarver the middle finger and he's really happy with the Kokoskov hiring for the Suns.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

UglyTruth wrote:So, where are the people who didn't believe that Fizdale declined the Suns offer?
Aggressive chill

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:

I'm listening to Majerle right now on AZ Sports radio, he definitely didn't give Sarver the middle finger and he's really happy with the Kokoskov hiring for the Suns.
He told him to go kick rocks when asked to interview for the team because Sarver did him dirty before.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

UglyTruth wrote:
Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:

He told him to go kick rocks when asked to interview for the team because Sarver did him dirty before.
Nope. You're just making stuff up.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:

Mr President?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Speaking of Agent Orange...
James Jones wrote:“Robert is invested in the team and like all great owners he’s deeply interested in what happens on a day-to-day basis but at no point is Robert a dictator or does he meddle in decisions,” Jones said. “It’s really a collective group that makes decisions.
That sounds very Huckabee-Sandersy to me. I know why he said that, but com'on, no one who follows this team actually believes that bullshit.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Easy there, fellas. If you want to make fun of political people, we have the Politics area for that. Not trying to get after you, but I know some folks really like to keep that stuff separate from their leisure/sports chat.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

My bad. I'll stick to sports. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:

I’m not, a simple google search will prove me right. Not going to do the work for ya though :D

Split T

Post by Split T »

UglyTruth wrote:
Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:

I’m not, a simple google search will prove me right. Not going to do the work for ya though :D
The part you're making up is majerle's motives. He politely declined because he felt like he hadn't accomplished what he set out to do at GCU.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
Superbone wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
Superbone wrote: I'm listening to Majerle right now on AZ Sports radio, he definitely didn't give Sarver the middle finger and he's really happy with the Kokoskov hiring for the Suns.
The part you're making up is majerle's motives. He politely declined because he felt like he hadn't accomplished what he set out to do at GCU.
Exactly, I've heard it from the horse's mouth. Majerle didn't even interact with Sarver. He politely declined McDonough's offer for an interview since he felt like he needed to complete what he started at GCU. However, he was flattered and happy that McD offered the invitation. Majerle has made amends with the Suns, Sarver, and McD. He is a proud member of the Suns family. He was genuinely happy that Kokoskov would be the new Suns coach and he looks forward to hanging out with him when he gets into town and talking basketball strategy over coffee.

Look, I'm unhappy with Sarver and his hands on approach as much as the next guy but I'm not going to make up a narrative because of that.
"Be Legendary."