Game Day: Suns (18-44) @ Grizzlies (18-41), Wed 2/28/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-44) @ Grizzlies (18-41), Wed 2/28/18

Post by LazarusLong »

Cap wrote:By the way, totally off topic, but I'd appreciate it if everybody who prays could include my Dad in their prayers for a while. He's in the hospital after surgery to correct bleeding in his brain. It's too soon to say whether there has been significant damage. It's possible he will never regain consciousness. Best case scenario, he's looking at a long recovery.
Got you covered, Cap.
Pax vobiscum.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:By the way, totally off topic, but I'd appreciate it if everybody who prays could include my Dad in their prayers for a while. He's in the hospital after surgery to correct bleeding in his brain. It's too soon to say whether there has been significant damage. It's possible he will never regain consciousness. Best case scenario, he's looking at a long recovery.
Wow, Cap. Really sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best for your dad. Hang in there.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Thoughts and prayers Cap. Life has a way of throwing tragedy our way when we least expect it. I've had a rash of them lately. Sending you and your family my thoughts and love for the best outcome possible, all things considered.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I could be wrong but weren't there crazy folks around these parts that favored trading JJ for a year of Kyrie? How's that thought process sitting with you now? Knew the kid would be a stud.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Great job winning a game we absolutely had to lose.

*slow clap*

Then again, we'd find a way to !@#$ up a #1 draft pick anyway.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Good luck to your father, cap. MY thoughts are with you two.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wormwood wrote:Great job winning a game we absolutely had to lose.

*slow clap*

If it weren't based on luck, I'd be right there with you. Unfortunately, there isn't anything the Suns can do on the court to guarantee the #1 pick. Even if they had the best odds, they could still get the #4 pick.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:

*slow clap*

If it weren't based on luck, I'd be right there with you. Unfortunately, there isn't anything the Suns can do on the court to guarantee the #1 pick. Even if they had the best odds, they could still get the #4 pick.
The guys have to play with some pride. I'm glad they were determined not to be the only team in Suns history to go a month without a win.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:

*slow clap*

The guys have to play with some pride. I'm glad they were determined not to be the only team in Suns history to go a month without a win.
I think they would have been the only team in NBA history to go all of February without a win, not just Suns history.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:

*slow clap*

I think they would have been the only team in NBA history to go all of February without a win, not just Suns history.
Philadelphia went 0-11 in February, 2014
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote:

*slow clap*

Then I shunt the blame of my error onto the Grizz broadcasters. #FakeNews

Maybe it was true for both the Suns and the Grizz, and that is what they meant to say.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:I could be wrong but weren't there crazy folks around these parts that favored trading JJ for a year of Kyrie? How's that thought process sitting with you now? Knew the kid would be a stud.
Yeah, one game scoring 29 points against the worst team in the league doesn’t change anything. Come talk to me when Jackson is a top 5 player at his position.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:I could be wrong but weren't there crazy folks around these parts that favored trading JJ for a year of Kyrie? How's that thought process sitting with you now? Knew the kid would be a stud.
Yeah, one game scoring 29 points against the worst team in the league doesn’t change anything. Come talk to me when Jackson is a top 5 player at his position.
It was for 2 years (maybe 3 since he has a player option) and his bird rights. You can be really happy with how Josh has played the last 20 games, and really be hopeful for his future, but it would be silly to say that his impact on our team for the next 2-3 years is comparable to what Kyrie would give us.

And this is coming from a guy that is ecstatic I don't have to root for a guy that believes the earth is a flat disk...

Split T

Post by Split T »

Let's not start the kyrie debate again, we all know where everyone stands, no one's mind is being changed.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
In2ition wrote: If it weren't based on luck, I'd be right there with you. Unfortunately, there isn't anything the Suns can do on the court to guarantee the #1 pick. Even if they had the best odds, they could still get the #4 pick.
Then I shunt the blame of my error onto the Grizz broadcasters. #FakeNews

Maybe it was true for both the Suns and the Grizz, and that is what they meant to say.
The Suns broadcast mentioned an 0 fer month by a team but I don't think it was as recent as 2014. Congrats to Memphis for achieving it.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
It was for 2 years (maybe 3 since he has a player option) and his bird rights. You can be really happy with how Josh has played the last 20 games, and really be hopeful for his future, but it would be silly to say that his impact on our team for the next 2-3 years is comparable to what Kyrie would give us.

And this is coming from a guy that is ecstatic I don't have to root for a guy that believes the earth is a flat disk...
Did he specify it was a disk? Good for Irving for not falling for group think. He's a real individual thinker, that one.
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I'm just surprised there aren't more winless Februarys since there are usually less regular season games scheduled because of the All-Star break.

WORST RECORDS FOR EACH MONTH
Oct VAN Mar96 0-17
Nov PHI Nov16 0-16
Dec CHA Dec12 0-15
Jan CLE Jan11 0-16
Feb PHI Feb14 0-11
Mar VAN Mar96 0-17
Apr CHA Apr12 0-16
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

Split T

Post by Split T »

Vancouver's March of 96 was so bad it's also the worst October of all time ;)

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Split T wrote:Vancouver's March of 96 was so bad it's also the worst October of all time ;)
exactly!

WORST RECORDS FOR EACH MONTH (fixed)
Nov PHI Nov16 0-16
Dec CHA Dec12 0-15
Jan CLE Jan11 0-16
Feb PHI Feb14 0-11
Mar VAN Mar96 0-17
Apr CHA Apr12 0-16

October is a month where some years they played a full schedule, some they played only a couple of games, depended on how late the season stated.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:Let's not start the kyrie debate again, we all know where everyone stands, no one's mind is being changed.
Agreed.