Game Day: Suns (19-45) @ Hawks (19-44), Sun 3/4/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Game Day: Suns (19-45) @ Hawks (19-44), Sun 3/4/18

Post by ShelC »

I didn't see a punch there. Prince started it by jawing at Jackson for like no reason, Jackson shoved him away but did mush him in the face. Jackson actually showed restraint initially but after Prince shoved him back he squared up with his fists clenched. Then Taylor really came in with a chest bump and escalated things. Payton came in and pushed him away. Nothing major IMO. Taylor's a punk tho.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I think both Jackson and Payton were ejected.

But it looks to me like it was just Jackson and Prince for a second, and the refs had them separated when Payton came bowling in. Payton lead the second wave that amped the whole thing up a notch.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Taylor and Payton were ejected for escalating the situation

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:I think both Jackson and Payton were ejected.

But it looks to me like it was just Jackson and Prince for a second, and the refs had them separated when Payton came bowling in. Payton lead the second wave that amped the whole thing up a notch.
No, that's not what happened. First of all Jackson wasn't ejected. Second of all, it was Taylor that came in with the second wave and Payton who responded to that. That's why he and Taylor got ejected.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They both escalated the confrontation and refs don’t like that for some reason.

I enjoyed the game except for the Hawks four hundred 3’s and the announcers shrill “Thrrreeee!” Every time.

I didn’t get why Len didn’t play either. I heard Eddie Johnson talking about some player being rested who was having a good stretch and that if he was that player he would be pissed off and revolt. I assume he was talking about Len.

I am really liking Payton (thanks for the spelling correction Bone). He has changed the landscape completely and shored up the PG position. Baby Shaq has also helped shore up the BU position with his defense and smarts. That was the weakest link for the Suns a month ago. Not anymore.

Now Jackson, Chriss and Bender are the biggest ?’s and they have been improving, especially Jackson who has really turned it on and started to get it. I was glad Chriss had a good game. He really needed it. If we can get Bender to grow a pair inside that would be great.

Ulis fading into the sunset?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I think we will see more of Ulis next season. But he may disappoint.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still can't get over how happy I am that we lost this game in exciting fashion.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

O_Gardino wrote:I think we will see more of Ulis next season. But he may disappoint.
I think Ulis will be out of the league in fewer than three seasons.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:I didn’t get why Len didn’t play either. I heard Eddie Johnson talking about some player being rested who was having a good stretch and that if he was that player he would be pissed off and revolt. I assume he was talking about Len.
Eddie was actually talking about Bazemore who had his career high the game before. What they were resting him for, I don't know. It definitely wasn't for a playoff run.
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

A.C Green can play 1,192 straight games, playing with a broken face after an intentional elbow by J.R. Reid, but 28-year-old Kent Bazemore needs a night off to rest because.....he played 2 nights before?????
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:A.C Green can play 1,192 straight games, playing with a broken face after an intentional elbow by J.R. Reid, but 28-year-old Kent Bazemore needs a night off to rest because.....he played 2 nights before?????
But he had his career high. 29 points! You read that right... TWENTY... NINE points! His arms must be EXHAUSTED! Can you imagine if Booker had to play the next game after scoring 29 freaking points?!
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Eh, hard to get mad at Atlanta for doing 1/50th of what we did last year. Chandler, Knight, and Bledsoe all could have played last year and we sat them for like 20-25 games each.