Suns News: Week 23 3/19-3/25

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Suns News: Week 23 3/19-3/25

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:Although, Randle since the all star break:

21.5/10.2/3.4 and shooting 58% from the field.
Yeah he’s a stat stuffer but idk I just don’t like his game.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Gordon/JJ/Booker
Ugh, I hate to have Aaron AND keep Josh Jackson. That's a whole lot of low percentage shot-taking, which isn't a recipe for success.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Gordon keeps improving his shooting % every year, and I think Jackson will also improve this next year. Not a huge worry for me. Although, I only pursue Gordon if the Suns pick a dominate 5, think they can't make a trade for Love and think they can get him without the Magic accepting the offer.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Ugh, I hate to have Aaron AND keep Josh Jackson. That's a whole lot of low percentage shot-taking, which isn't a recipe for success.
I think it gives them positional flexibility that you can surround with veteran 3-D players (hopefully). Gordons shot has come a long ways since he was drafted and I think he could end up a quality 37%+ guy from 3 making him quite a good stretch 4 for them.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I have trouble getting past the notion that Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton already led a team together, and that team was bad. I guess that team didn't have Devin Booker on it, nor whichever college stud we draft this year, nor Josh Jackson. But still.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I have trouble getting past the notion that Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton already led a team together, and that team was bad. I guess that team didn't have Devin Booker on it, nor whichever college stud we draft this year, nor Josh Jackson. But still.
Elfrid can go fly a kite.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Yeah Alfred Payten will soon be long forgotten.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I was fooled by his 1st 4 or so games for us, wondering why Orlando gave him away, now we know. He's basically a trash can with a sill haircut. I'd rather play Shaq 35mpg just because he puts in effort on the defensive end.

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

I cant get over his hair.
Phoenix Suns - The art of taking a punch.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

sunshoopjunky wrote:I cant get over his hair.
Either can he. Terrible shooting form due to the stupid hair. Yeah, I said it. It's stupid. I can't believe an NBA player would let his hair dictate how he shoots the ball.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'd still keep him if he'll sign for a fair price. But I don't want to break the bank for the guy.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I have trouble getting past the notion that Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton already led a team together, and that team was bad. I guess that team didn't have Devin Booker on it, nor whichever college stud we draft this year, nor Josh Jackson. But still.
I've always had an issue with FOs trying to put together a good team by signing the best players from the worst teams.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

INFORMER wrote:

Aaron's 3p% has gone up pretty much every year in the NBA. He's a respectable PF. Not a guy you break the bank for, but he is 22 years old, improving, and already starting from a place of "pretty good".

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wormwood wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Aaron's 3p% has gone up pretty much every year in the NBA. He's a respectable PF. Not a guy you break the bank for, but he is 22 years old, improving, and already starting from a place of "pretty good".
Yeah, I wouldn't hate it at all. That's a whole lot of relentless rim attacking and high energy play from the SF and PF positions.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wormwood wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't hate it at all. That's a whole lot of relentless rim attacking and high energy play from the SF and PF positions.
But they both suck at shooting. I know they are both "improving" but Jackson is still below 26% (!!!) on the year, and Gordon is below 35%. We need to increase our 3P% immensely. You can't afford to have 3 guys on the court that can't hit the 3. So if we add Gordon, and keep Jackson, we need a high rebouding-rate big, that can block shots/rim protect, and hit 3s above 38%. That is a huge ask.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I would really only want him if we drafted Ayton. I think they’d be good together

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wormwood wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

But they both suck at shooting. I know they are both "improving" but Jackson is still below 26% (!!!) on the year, and Gordon is below 35%. We need to increase our 3P% immensely. You can't afford to have 3 guys on the court that can't hit the 3. So if we add Gordon, and keep Jackson, we need a high rebouding-rate big, that can block shots/rim protect, and hit 3s above 38%. That is a huge ask.
Or a sharp shooting PG because neither JJ or Gordon clog the lane because they move well without the ball. I don't think the duo would kill spacing, but we definitely still need shooting.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:I would really only want him if we drafted Ayton. I think they’d be good together
You think a front court of JJ, Gordon and Ayton can be a great front court in 2-3 years?

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wormwood wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Or a sharp shooting PG because neither JJ or Gordon clog the lane because they move well without the ball. I don't think the duo would kill spacing, but we definitely still need shooting.
Even if we have a +40% shooter at the PG, that is just not enough of our starting 5. Just Booker and the PG. We need at least 3 good 3 PT shooters on the floor almost all game.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:I would really only want him if we drafted Ayton. I think they’d be good together
You think a front court of JJ, Gordon and Ayton can be a great front court in 2-3 years?
I would prefer Bamba. I want a defensive anchor at the C , someone who alters the flow of any offense that is inside the 3pt line, I think Bamba and his length and timing will provide that.